The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So here we are, another year post summit and all I can say is wow as usual. Nothing is better than meeting new people who took the leap to come out, and watching all my friends and family continue to grow and push the edges of what society thinks is normal.

I didn't speak this year because I had a tremendous amount of things going on in my personal life and didn't have the capacity to deliver anything of massive value. I will work on that and get back to speaking next year.

____

@Raoul Duke - It was great meeting you Joe. I know it was well outside your comfort zone, but you pushed boundaries to make it to this event and we are all proud of you for doing so. Then when you get back you really push your comfort zone with your new thread. I think you'll find that this community will rally around you and the only reason why you wont be in a 10x better place this time next year is because you would have actively fought against it, and I know you won't do that.

@Antoine (forumname?) I am so excited for your baby that is on the way, if you need anything reach out. And don't forget to take that class!

@ZCP Here is a guy I can really admire. The thoughts that you generated in my mind after our quick chat before you headed out of town were crazy. The concept of first finisher helping the slowest to really build a team internally was so interesting. On top of that, I want to model the bit about chores being looked at as helping the family not as a way to earn money. You create value outside the house to generate money for whatever you want. This builds on the idea that an allowance in the first place builds entitlement. This was only two of many but wow.

@Arun Siva I am so glad we caught each other in the hallway. I envy the work you do and the places you get to see. Nothing is better in the world than seeing how things are made. I think you will be able to flesh out your niche and really scale your biz as well. I wish i had the chase to write down the books you and Alberto were talking about. I look forward to seeing your progress next year

@ApeRunner Alberto, im glad we got the chance to catch up a few times. You are a really driven individual and you have already built a great small business. I know some of things we talked about may not have sit well at first but flexing what you already know I think will be great for your business. I look forward to you becoming the premier trainer in Mexico. If i get to Cozumel before TFL summit '19 I will reach out!

@Chitown My man Anthony! Where to begin with you. I was so glad to see you are still thriving and the kids are doing well. You know you can move a room with your story telling and while I knew a lot of it, it was great getting the full story and all the lessons you have learned. I know this is your year, and although i handed you your butt on Saturday I know you wont stop. You know you can always call me if you get stuck... i will always hand over the truth! I can't wait to see how things go for you over the next year now that things have shifted into a *MUST* for you.

@Get Right Allen, It was great catching up another year. I think your business is poised to be big. If you ever need advice on the commercial side, please reach out. I unfortunately missed your preso but I did see the photos, I heard it was great as well. It was great to hear the wife and kids are doing as well. Keep moving forward, you are an inspiration to many!

@JAJT Jason, Awesome catching up with you again this year. Thank you for the continued support and being a great friend. I am so excited for your new biz. I've watched all the others and I think this is a big one for you. You already know what you need to do as well. Can't wait to see you hit this one out of the park. I am glad the kids are doing well and also.... no more kegs of beer for dinner, ok?

@TopChef Dan, hows your son doing? LOL seriously though, if I keep asking one day you'll have an answer for me. I am glad we finally got a minute at dinner the last night to chat. I am actually really excited to see how your idea works that we talked about, it sounds super interesting. I look forward to hearing about the results

@AllenCrawley Another year and this MC is pressing on. First off Thanks for trusting me with the mic. Second I've enjoyed watching You and your families life evolve over the last few years. You guys are thriving now and I love it. You've really pushed the envelope with your biz and it is paying off in so many areas. I can't wait to see what 2018 brings for you all. It was great finally meeting Tina for the first time too.

@Red + Matt - Sup boo-thang. Thanks for running and setting up this entire event. I know it isn't easy but it goes flawless every time and there is no shortage of work that goes into it. I wish i got a few more minutes to chat with Matt, I think his side by side ideas are going to take off. You all are going to be leaving your dream at the new place in no time!

@MJ DeMarco - MJ, i know you love when i heckle you and all and I appreciate never being banned from the forum (except that one time Vig... thanks a lot!) I loved your take on EV, i want to review the slides again at some point because you and I use it very differently. I am also really glad your health issues have taken a turn for the better. I know you still have some things to work though. Btw... i heard you wrote a second book??

@Eskil Dude, we didn't get much of a chance to chat this year, bummer. I was spending too much time jumping in photos. Let's jump on a call some time soon and catch up!

@Kung Fu Steve You already know all the shit I'm going to say to you! You have really been refining your craft, your speech this year compared to two years ago or even the ones in VA is incredible. You are really learning and delivering every sentence and connecting to the crowd. I wish everyone could experience your full bit once a quarter to re-align. I don't think people really know the impact it can have on their lives and those around them. Love you booboo!

@JasonR My dude, thanks for everything this year, most of which i will not talk about here. I am glad we got a lot of time to catch up and since KFS abandoned me for a successful attractive YOUNG woman named @Jill so i had no company! Either way I hope things get better back in CA, and I really really appreciate all the support over the weekend.

@TheTruth Boris & Amanda BB You know i also can't talk much about what we talked about here, but I will say our conversation as we walked around the property was a highlight of the weekend. I am glad you have some clarity and I appreciate the time you took to help me find some as well. I can't wait to see what we are both on the brink of. I enjoyed meeting Amanda as well. Although she isn't up to speed on my humor yet, she is an amazing independent woman and you two click so incredibly well... it's almost like you guys..... bond.

@GlobalWealth HillBobby & Valda Dude, thanks for everything this weekend. The stuff we talked about, before, during and after the event is really going to move the needle for me. The majority of it I can not display here for obvious reasons. Thanks for always being there in a pinch... you know unless it involves getting paid. Oh and also, it only takes 1/1000th of a second to be a winner. I loved finally getting to really hang out with Valda, part of me would rather hang out with her than you so I can hear new original jokes that didn't originally come from me.... sigh....

@Travis Phipps I am so glad you were my seat buddy this year. The conversation we had at the end of whatever day was really valuable I've realized over the years that being transparent and open can really enlighten oneself as well as others. It sounds like we have faced some of the same challenges in life and I am glad to know you dude. We will have to catch up on business stuff on the phone some time soon!

@StompingAcorns Sarah - I know we didn't get much time together to chat but I am so glad you made it out to the event. Thank you for your outreach and your empathy. I can see you becoming a staple at the summit for years to come. If you ever need anything, you let me know!

@Vigilante I knew you couldn't resist coming first of all. I am glad you did, I think it re-energized you as much as you energized everyone else. Thanks for the chats we had, I know they will continue and i can't really roll out here what iI want to say for privacy reasons. BTW, have you taken your staff to happy hours at applebee's yet? I hear they are having a 2 for 1 deal on Wednesdays! Company Morale!

@Arrabista Wadih You are the guy I get most excited to come see. Mostly because you live halfway around the world which is not Virginia but either way you always deliver an incredible amount of value to everyone you interact with. I wish I could take everything you know about human psychology and dump it into my brain. You certainly display it better than anyone else. I look forward to next years preso on rapport!

@Greg R Greg + Kristin - Greg, it was great meeting you and your wife Kristin by chance. I wish we had had more time to interact because I heard quite a few folks talking about how awesome you two were. I have no doubt we will see both of you at the '19 Summit either way and we will definitely get a chance then!

@DrkSide Bobby it was great meeting you ...again this year. Sigh. Anyway I really enjoyed hanging out multiple times over the weekend, you are certainly a funny dude. Even though I have no idea where Arkansas is... I think you are doing a bang up job on RE out there and I am sure you'll double it by next year. (as long as you don't get hit on the highway by kids with full size headphones on)

@million$$$smile Randall I was so glad to see you in the mix this year. Just like the first year you came you really wow the crowd with your story and perseverance. It looks like your stepson is on the right track now as well. I continue to enjoy seeing how your story evolves. Unfortunately I didn't get to see your full preso, but I heard from so many people that it was one of the best.

@csalvato Chris you continue to impress me every time I see you. I know we already talked about this but your demeanor when speaking is incredible considering you don't speak much publicly. I've loved following what you've accomplish at territory and I think things are finally paying off for your family. I am definitely glad to call you a friend dude!

@SteveO Steve, I am glad you got back up in front of the crowd this year. I think your story on the golf course is not only funny but proves how perseverance and consistency means so much to success. You had a hard beat but this thing is in your blood and you certainly show that. There aren't many owner/operator golf course owners out there and I think you've really created something magical there. I look forward to watching the rest of the story play out.

@G_Alexander Alex, dude it was so great finally getting to meet you. I know we didn't get too much time to chat outside talking about Kenny's future cornrows but I am sure we will some time this year. It had been too long for you to finally make it! Thanks for everything you contribute to this community!

@Gary Gary It was great meeting you and your wife. You guys look like a power couple for sure. I will look forward to seeing you all again next year and seeing how far you have come in this year.

@James Fend - James, I think everyone agrees with me when we say wow, thanks for finally coming out. You've contributed a ton to this community on the forum as well as off with the tools that you have built. I think you've done an incredible job the past few years in reaching new limits professionally as well as in parenthood. I am excited to see how 2018 ends up considering what we talked about. I think it's going to be a huge shift for you, esp considering you already sweat the decision out! Let's catch up some time soon dude.

@ Steve Alexander - BTW i'm going to unfriend you so you can friend me on facebook because WTF bro!

@EvanOkanagan - Evan, I am glad there were no fiascoes this year, at least not any that I have heard about yet! I am excited to watch your new commercial project unfold, i think it is going to be an entry into a whole new level of C/REI for you. Thanks for being such a great friend!

@LateStarter Mike - It was great seeing you again, thanks for reaching out after the summit and for all the feedback here and there. It's the small things that count the most sometimes.

@K.Y. Kenny - dude, cornrows, whats the deal? No one displays the fact that anyone can live their dreams with a few simple decisions more plainly than you do,. You have done and created more than most dream of and you are living it. I talk about your story all the time (like a fastlane dad would) just to illustrate what minor things can make such huge shifts. I am glad I got the chance to meet your girlfriend as well, she is freaking hilarious and you two click so well. I look forward to seeing you two again soon.

@Jill The legandary Jill as always it was such a joy to hang out with you. I appreciate all the time we spent talking about personal things, it really helped shift my mind on a few things i was thinking about. I guess all this TR stuff really does help. I am so happy to finally see Carlo Franco moving forward, I am sure we will be seeing them in department stores everywhere soon.

@OperationMyWay - Kyle it was great seeing you again as usual, and without incident this time, LOL. I am excited to see what you turn your new biz into and also acquiring the second. I know you've made some big life changes and I bet they will pay off in droves for you. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. If you ever need help, you can always reach out.

@1step - Addision, it was great seeing you another year, there isn't much else I can say outside of what I've told you already. I love what you are doing and how fast you are pressing forward, at times. I can see this company getting squired for you sometime in the future and then you'll have to figure out what to crush next!

@eliquid - Jason, Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to catch up and I also missed your preso, however I did have this interesting note about "If it's not hell yes, it's F*ck no" in my notebook in addition to your approach or non-approach to negotiation which varies wildly from my style. I love seeing radically different perspectives. I hope next years event we have a few minutes to chat.

@Envision + tanner - Roc, thanks for all your advice on Sunday. I am working on some of that stuff now. It's great to have great resources and I've also reached out to my local network as well. I have enjoyed watching your story unfold over the years and you have really grown as an individual in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to see how the rest plays out!

@vitality11 Vitaly I know we only got 20 mins to chat but man, you left an impact. There are few people that go from 0 to 1 as quickly as you have. I think you have a strong business on your hands and it sounds like you have the right resources around you to make it a huge success. This is one I will be watching as well if you have the progress displayed anywhere.

@andviv - Undress, you know most of what i want to say I cant on the forum, but thanks for asking the right questions at the right time. It meant the world to me and i really appreciate it. There is nothing better in life than great friends. I am sorry I didn't get much of a chance to talk to Natalia though.

@AnneC + john - Anne You know I love seeing you and John every year. I especially love that your approach is so similar to mine.... it's late, get out!

@biophase - Kenric, We didn't get much time this go round, and I wont be in the man-cation this weekend. However I think I'll end up seeing you in Austin or NJ later this year so we will catch up then. You are far to in demand at the summit LOL.

@Kevin hwang - Kevin I don't even know if you are on the forum, but it as great finally meeting you even though we both felt like we must have met at some point. Nope just good ol facebook pictures i guess. Keep crushing it, I love watching that success story unfold

@Davidla - Daveeeeed, Great seeing you again as usual dude. I am also glad we had the chance to bond over Valda telling us how to properly steal cosmetics from department stores.... that information is going to come in so handy.... at some point.... i guess.

There were several other folks that I chatted with that I either can't remember the names at the moment or their forum names, but i enjoyed everyone i interacted with in PHX. You all really are a cut above the rest.

Also, to tie the picture together for you all.

If you saw KFS's preso first thing Saturday about the 6 human needs (one of the most important things on display this weekend) you'll remember that true happiness comes from shifting your top 2 needs from what they were to Growth and Contribution.

Now the day before I mentioned two things when i got up for my 5 min spiel It was to make a few deep friendships that will last a lifetime (CONNECTION) and within the next year, put up a thread that gets marked note-able/Gold (GROWTH).

Few people tied this together, but that was a core focus of that. The way to sustain such an amazing community is to grow it and contribute to it.

Til next Summit dudes and dudettes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
@LightHouse man what a write up! It was great meeting you to; the main book was

Winning through intimidation

And

The Feldman Method (sales)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So here we are, another year post summit and all I can say is wow as usual. Nothing is better than meeting new people who took the leap to come out, and watching all my friends and family continue to grow and push the edges of what society thinks is normal.

I didn't speak this year because I had a tremendous amount of things going on in my personal life and didn't have the capacity to deliver anything of massive value. I will work on that and get back to speaking next year.

____

@Raoul Duke - It was great meeting you Joe. I know it was well outside your comfort zone, but you pushed boundaries to make it to this event and we are all proud of you for doing so. Then when you get back you really push your comfort zone with your new thread. I think you'll find that this community will rally around you and the only reason why you wont be in a 10x better place this time next year is because you would have actively fought against it, and I know you won't do that.

@Antoine (forumname?) I am so excited for your baby that is on the way, if you need anything reach out. And don't forget to take that class!

@ZCP Here is a guy I can really admire. The thoughts that you generated in my mind after our quick chat before you headed out of town were crazy. The concept of first finisher helping the slowest to really build a team internally was so interesting. On top of that, I want to model the bit about chores being looked at as helping the family not as a way to earn money. You create value outside the house to generate money for whatever you want. This builds on the idea that an allowance in the first place builds entitlement. This was only two of many but wow.

@Arun Siva I am so glad we caught each other in the hallway. I envy the work you do and the places you get to see. Nothing is better in the world than seeing how things are made. I think you will be able to flesh out your niche and really scale your biz as well. I wish i had the chase to write down the books you and Alberto were talking about. I look forward to seeing your progress next year

@ApeRunner Alberto, im glad we got the chance to catch up a few times. You are a really driven individual and you have already built a great small business. I know some of things we talked about may not have sit well at first but flexing what you already know I think will be great for your business. I look forward to you becoming the premier trainer in Mexico. If i get to Cozumel before TFL summit '19 I will reach out!

@Chitown My man Anthony! Where to begin with you. I was so glad to see you are still thriving and the kids are doing well. You know you can move a room with your story telling and while I knew a lot of it, it was great getting the full story and all the lessons you have learned. I know this is your year, and although i handed you your butt on Saturday I know you wont stop. You know you can always call me if you get stuck... i will always hand over the truth! I can't wait to see how things go for you over the next year now that things have shifted into a *MUST* for you.

@Get Right Allen, It was great catching up another year. I think your business is poised to be big. If you ever need advice on the commercial side, please reach out. I unfortunately missed your preso but I did see the photos, I heard it was great as well. It was great to hear the wife and kids are doing as well. Keep moving forward, you are an inspiration to many!

@JAJT Jason, Awesome catching up with you again this year. Thank you for the continued support and being a great friend. I am so excited for your new biz. I've watched all the others and I think this is a big one for you. You already know what you need to do as well. Can't wait to see you hit this one out of the park. I am glad the kids are doing well and also.... no more kegs of beer for dinner, ok?

@TopChef Dan, hows your son doing? LOL seriously though, if I keep asking one day you'll have an answer for me. I am glad we finally got a minute at dinner the last night to chat. I am actually really excited to see how your idea works that we talked about, it sounds super interesting. I look forward to hearing about the results

@AllenCrawley Another year and this MC is pressing on. First off Thanks for trusting me with the mic. Second I've enjoyed watching You and your families life evolve over the last few years. You guys are thriving now and I love it. You've really pushed the envelope with your biz and it is paying off in so many areas. I can't wait to see what 2018 brings for you all. It was great finally meeting Tina for the first time too.

@Red + Matt - Sup boo-thang. Thanks for running and setting up this entire event. I know it isn't easy but it goes flawless every time and there is no shortage of work that goes into it. I wish i got a few more minutes to chat with Matt, I think his side by side ideas are going to take off. You all are going to be leaving your dream at the new place in no time!

@MJ DeMarco - MJ, i know you love when i heckle you and all and I appreciate never being banned from the forum (except that one time Vig... thanks a lot!) I loved your take on EV, i want to review the slides again at some point because you and I use it very differently. I am also really glad your health issues have taken a turn for the better. I know you still have some things to work though. Btw... i heard you wrote a second book??

@Eskil Dude, we didn't get much of a chance to chat this year, bummer. I was spending too much time jumping in photos. Let's jump on a call some time soon and catch up!

@Kung Fu Steve You already know all the sh*t I'm going to say to you! You have really been refining your craft, your speech this year compared to two years ago or even the ones in VA is incredible. You are really learning and delivering every sentence and connecting to the crowd. I wish everyone could experience your full bit once a quarter to re-align. I don't think people really know the impact it can have on their lives and those around them. Love you booboo!

@JasonR My dude, thanks for everything this year, most of which i will not talk about here. I am glad we got a lot of time to catch up and since KFS abandoned me for a successful attractive YOUNG woman named @Jill so i had no company! Either way I hope things get better back in CA, and I really really appreciate all the support over the weekend.

@TheTruth Boris & Amanda BB You know i also can't talk much about what we talked about here, but I will say our conversation as we walked around the property was a highlight of the weekend. I am glad you have some clarity and I appreciate the time you took to help me find some as well. I can't wait to see what we are both on the brink of. I enjoyed meeting Amanda as well. Although she isn't up to speed on my humor yet, she is an amazing independent woman and you two click so incredibly well... it's almost like you guys..... bond.

@GlobalWealth HillBobby & Valda Dude, thanks for everything this weekend. The stuff we talked about, before, during and after the event is really going to move the needle for me. The majority of it I can not display here for obvious reasons. Thanks for always being there in a pinch... you know unless it involves getting paid. Oh and also, it only takes 1/1000th of a second to be a winner. I loved finally getting to really hang out with Valda, part of me would rather hang out with her than you so I can hear new original jokes that didn't originally come from me.... sigh....

@Travis Phipps I am so glad you were my seat buddy this year. The conversation we had at the end of whatever day was really valuable I've realized over the years that being transparent and open can really enlighten oneself as well as others. It sounds like we have faced some of the same challenges in life and I am glad to know you dude. We will have to catch up on business stuff on the phone some time soon!

@StompingAcorns Sarah - I know we didn't get much time together to chat but I am so glad you made it out to the event. Thank you for your outreach and your empathy. I can see you becoming a staple at the summit for years to come. If you ever need anything, you let me know!

@Vigilante I knew you couldn't resist coming first of all. I am glad you did, I think it re-energized you as much as you energized everyone else. Thanks for the chats we had, I know they will continue and i can't really roll out here what iI want to say for privacy reasons. BTW, have you taken your staff to happy hours at applebee's yet? I hear they are having a 2 for 1 deal on Wednesdays! Company Morale!

@Arrabista Wadih You are the guy I get most excited to come see. Mostly because you live halfway around the world which is not Virginia but either way you always deliver an incredible amount of value to everyone you interact with. I wish I could take everything you know about human psychology and dump it into my brain. You certainly display it better than anyone else. I look forward to next years preso on rapport!

@Greg R Greg + Kristin - Greg, it was great meeting you and your wife Kristin by chance. I wish we had had more time to interact because I heard quite a few folks talking about how awesome you two were. I have no doubt we will see both of you at the '19 Summit either way and we will definitely get a chance then!

@DrkSide Bobby it was great meeting you ...again this year. Sigh. Anyway I really enjoyed hanging out multiple times over the weekend, you are certainly a funny dude. Even though I have no idea where Arkansas is... I think you are doing a bang up job on RE out there and I am sure you'll double it by next year. (as long as you don't get hit on the highway by kids with full size headphones on)

@million$$$smile Randall I was so glad to see you in the mix this year. Just like the first year you came you really wow the crowd with your story and perseverance. It looks like your stepson is on the right track now as well. I continue to enjoy seeing how your story evolves. Unfortunately I didn't get to see your full preso, but I heard from so many people that it was one of the best.

@csalvato Chris you continue to impress me every time I see you. I know we already talked about this but your demeanor when speaking is incredible considering you don't speak much publicly. I've loved following what you've accomplish at territory and I think things are finally paying off for your family. I am definitely glad to call you a friend dude!

@SteveO Steve, I am glad you got back up in front of the crowd this year. I think your story on the golf course is not only funny but proves how perseverance and consistency means so much to success. You had a hard beat but this thing is in your blood and you certainly show that. There aren't many owner/operator golf course owners out there and I think you've really created something magical there. I look forward to watching the rest of the story play out.

@G_Alexander Alex, dude it was so great finally getting to meet you. I know we didn't get too much time to chat outside talking about Kenny's future cornrows but I am sure we will some time this year. It had been too long for you to finally make it! Thanks for everything you contribute to this community!

@Gary Gary It was great meeting you and your wife. You guys look like a power couple for sure. I will look forward to seeing you all again next year and seeing how far you have come in this year.

@James Fend - James, I think everyone agrees with me when we say wow, thanks for finally coming out. You've contributed a ton to this community on the forum as well as off with the tools that you have built. I think you've done an incredible job the past few years in reaching new limits professionally as well as in parenthood. I am excited to see how 2018 ends up considering what we talked about. I think it's going to be a huge shift for you, esp considering you already sweat the decision out! Let's catch up some time soon dude.

@ Steve Alexander - BTW i'm going to unfriend you so you can friend me on facebook because WTF bro!

@EvanOkanagan - Evan, I am glad there were no fiascoes this year, at least not any that I have heard about yet! I am excited to watch your new commercial project unfold, i think it is going to be an entry into a whole new level of C/REI for you. Thanks for being such a great friend!

@LateStarter Mike - It was great seeing you again, thanks for reaching out after the summit and for all the feedback here and there. It's the small things that count the most sometimes.

@K.Y. Kenny - dude, cornrows, whats the deal? No one displays the fact that anyone can live their dreams with a few simple decisions more plainly than you do,. You have done and created more than most dream of and you are living it. I talk about your story all the time (like a fastlane dad would) just to illustrate what minor things can make such huge shifts. I am glad I got the chance to meet your girlfriend as well, she is freaking hilarious and you two click so well. I look forward to seeing you two again soon.

@Jill The legandary Jill as always it was such a joy to hang out with you. I appreciate all the time we spent talking about personal things, it really helped shift my mind on a few things i was thinking about. I guess all this TR stuff really does help. I am so happy to finally see Carlo Franco moving forward, I am sure we will be seeing them in department stores everywhere soon.

@OperationMyWay - Kyle it was great seeing you again as usual, and without incident this time, LOL. I am excited to see what you turn your new biz into and also acquiring the second. I know you've made some big life changes and I bet they will pay off in droves for you. I look forward to seeing how it progresses. If you ever need help, you can always reach out.

@1step - Addision, it was great seeing you another year, there isn't much else I can say outside of what I've told you already. I love what you are doing and how fast you are pressing forward, at times. I can see this company getting squired for you sometime in the future and then you'll have to figure out what to crush next!

@eliquid - Jason, Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to catch up and I also missed your preso, however I did have this interesting note about "If it's not hell yes, it's f*ck no" in my notebook in addition to your approach or non-approach to negotiation which varies wildly from my style. I love seeing radically different perspectives. I hope next years event we have a few minutes to chat.

@Envision + tanner - Roc, thanks for all your advice on Sunday. I am working on some of that stuff now. It's great to have great resources and I've also reached out to my local network as well. I have enjoyed watching your story unfold over the years and you have really grown as an individual in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to see how the rest plays out!

@vitality11 Vitaly I know we only got 20 mins to chat but man, you left an impact. There are few people that go from 0 to 1 as quickly as you have. I think you have a strong business on your hands and it sounds like you have the right resources around you to make it a huge success. This is one I will be watching as well if you have the progress displayed anywhere.

@andviv - Undress, you know most of what i want to say I cant on the forum, but thanks for asking the right questions at the right time. It meant the world to me and i really appreciate it. There is nothing better in life than great friends. I am sorry I didn't get much of a chance to talk to Natalia though.

@AnneC + john - Anne You know I love seeing you and John every year. I especially love that your approach is so similar to mine.... it's late, get out!

@biophase - Kenric, We didn't get much time this go round, and I wont be in the man-cation this weekend. However I think I'll end up seeing you in Austin or NJ later this year so we will catch up then. You are far to in demand at the summit LOL.

@Kevin hwang - Kevin I don't even know if you are on the forum, but it as great finally meeting you even though we both felt like we must have met at some point. Nope just good ol facebook pictures i guess. Keep crushing it, I love watching that success story unfold

@Davidla - Daveeeeed, Great seeing you again as usual dude. I am also glad we had the chance to bond over Valda telling us how to properly steal cosmetics from department stores.... that information is going to come in so handy.... at some point.... i guess.

There were several other folks that I chatted with that I either can't remember the names at the moment or their forum names, but i enjoyed everyone i interacted with in PHX. You all really are a cut above the rest.

If you saw KFS's preso first thing Saturday about the 6 human needs (one of the most important things on display this weekend) you'll remember that true happiness comes from shifting your top 2 needs from what they were to Growth and Contribution.

Now the day before I mentioned two things when i got up for my 5 min spiel It was to make a few deep friendships that will last a lifetime (CONNECTION) and within the next year, put up a thread that gets marked note-able/Gold (GROWTH).

Few people tied this together, but that was a core focus of that. The way to sustain such an amazing community is to grow it and contribute to it.

Can someone give me a summary of this?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Can someone give me a summary of this?

He loves us.
We love him.

Also he beat Bobby at go-karts in our final race by 1/1000th of a second to take first place.
It was hilarious.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
He loves us.
We love him.

Also he beat Bobby at go-karts in our final race by 1/1000th of a second to take first place.
It was hilarious.

It was one lap out of 45....

And my cumulative time averaged 6.2s faster in all 3 races....but who's counting....lol

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Already utilizing some of the things I've learned at the summit. Damn things are starting to move along.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ

Great write-up man :) And yes, hit me up anytime. I wanted to talk more with you as well. Definitely up for a call.. let's do it.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
It was one lap out of 45....

And my cumulative time averaged 6.2s faster in all 3 races....but who's counting....lol

Sorry say that again? I am so high on this podium that you will have to speak up. In fact, if you could just call me from the second place position, that'd be easier. thanks.

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego

____

@Kung Fu Steve You already know all the sh*t I'm going to say to you! You have really been refining your craft, your speech this year compared to two years ago or even the ones in VA is incredible. You are really learning and delivering every sentence and connecting to the crowd. I wish everyone could experience your full bit once a quarter to re-align. I don't think people really know the impact it can have on their lives and those around them. Love you booboo!

@eliquid - Jason, Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to catch up and I also missed your preso, however I did have this interesting note about "If it's not hell yes, it's f*ck no" in my notebook in addition to your approach or non-approach to negotiation which varies wildly from my style. I love seeing radically different perspectives. I hope next years event we have a few minutes to chat.

This is impressive. I hope everyone pays attention to @LightHouse 's ability not only recall all the new people he met, but to retain details and memorialize it pen to screen. Hell, I feel so fortunate to make the list!

I'm so glad we met. It certainly wasn't enough time to really know much about each other's current endeavors, but I promise to be a pest at the next summit.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
@LightHouse I did enjoyed a lot talking to you. In a way, along with other fastlaners of the summit, I did get out of my confort zone in a good way.

Speaking of that, one of the books I talked with you about is RELEASE YOUR BRAKES by Jim Newman. He created the term "confort zone".

Gary

Elevatin' the Celebratin'
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Mar 18, 2011
San Diego
That was a sweet deal @MJ DeMarco offered on copies of his books at the Summit. Thank you.

This is for my star employee. He's been with me five years and I'll be disappointed if he's here another 5. He's got the brains, attitude and work ethic to create some amazing value on his own terms in his own enterprise.

IMG_0366 (1).JPG IMG_0367 (1).JPG

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh shoot, that reminds me. MJ do you still offered signed books on viperion? I'll order one today.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
For me, one of the highlights from this year's summit was the awesome question from @Arun Siva about the best negotiation tips from the presenters. I wrote notes about the main points from each presenter and now share them with you all.

@MJ DeMarco :
Verify that what is written in the contract IS the same thing that you agreed upon (when dealing in foreign languages).

@biophase :
Never split the difference. You can always get more if you work on it.

@Kung Fu Steve :
If you are not a good negotiator, associate with someone who is.

Boris/ @TheTruth :
First figure what you want in life. Then go with leverage on it.

@csalvato :
Maintain control of yourself. Don't attach emotions to any particular outcome.

@Arrabista / Wadhi:
Make them to like you. Then they'll make concessions to you.

@Envision (Roc Pilon):
Don't say your number. Wait for them to bid.

@million$$$smile /Randall:
Don't get emotional. Know what you want and work to get there.

@DaveC :
Ask what they want besides money.

@eliquid /Jason :
If it isn't hell yes, then is F*ck no.

@Chitown :
Be firm to your offer.

@SteveO :
Do your homework. And if you are the side that's going to lose then don't go.

~~~

I hope I did get the main point from each presenter. If not. Please correct me.

Thank you so much for your wisdom. You guys are legends!

May I add, the best negotiation book I have ever read is "Winning Through Intimidation" by Robert J. Ringer (1984).

See you next year!

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
As an ode to @million$$$smile 's awesome presentation at the Summit, these four year old Red Wings are going to the GARBAGE.

I would burn them if I didn't live in a city condo.
20180301_180519.jpg

I know that this is small potatoes to the revenge that you probably had in mind, but it sure felt good to trash them in your honor.

Thanks again for that epic story and everything that you do for this forum.

REP+++

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
For me, one of the highlights from this year's summit was the awesome question from @Arun Siva about the best negotiation tips from the presenters. I wrote notes about the main points from each presenter and now share them with you all.

[
~~~

I hope I did get the main point from each presenter. If not. Please correct me.

Thank you so much for your wisdom. You guys are legends!

May I add, the best negotiation book I have ever read is "Winning Through Intimidation" by Robert J. Ringer (1984).

See you next year!

Thank you for this notes @ApeRunner

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Time to check on progress!

It's been nearly 2 months since the event.

Are you engaged in your change process?
Making progress?
Or has the fire already burned out?
Back to the job or reading more books?

What's going on since you left Scottsdale 2 months ago?

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Currently working hard to get new developments and features out the door with our software.

Working on building solid relationships within my industry to help propel us forward and to increase sales.

Hit a low point a few weeks after the summit, but bounced back strong and I'm putting what I learned there to use.

Continuing to build on the foundation and I think we're on the right track to meet our goals this year.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Hit a low point a few weeks after the summit, but bounced back strong and I'm putting what I learned there to use.

This is incredibly common, so don't feel bad. This is actually a driving factor in my point of making friends that you can call when you hit this post summit low, as well as the rest of the roller coaster you will ride on this journey. Even someone to blurt out all the success and celebrations to so you don't wear your SO or family out.

To further set in my trajectory, another vet and I set up very structured weekly calls Monday at 1pm that follow the EO structure and the Gestalt principles of not handing out advice, only speaking from experience. This has been key to not only tracking progress of each week, but staying on track without falling off week to week.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Do your homework. And if you are the side that's going to lose then don't go.
"The side that wants it the most loses". I believe this is what I said. Just to be clear, this means that if you want it more, you should not show it. The other side will be looking for your motivation. Don't let them know. It does not matter if you are the buyer or the seller. If you need the transaction to go through, the other party will hold firmer to the line that favors them.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
My goal was to create 4 new revenue streams other than FB, here is what I have done:

Launched 7 of my products on AMZ - slow but steady progress - not profitable yet, but making sales each day.... need MOAR reviews. :)

Created Etsy store - it's profitable with a few sales a week. nothing great but it's free money.

Making crazy good progress on the SEO front with some outreach tactics that are killing it. - No revenues yet, but I expect to be rocking by summer.

Outsourced Shopping & PPC to (Tom) Ungodly - Not profitable yet, but we are still buying data and working the process.

Created an affiliate program - 2 signups, no orders so far (not expecting much here)

Got wholesale program moving: filled a few wholesale orders, with inquiries coming in regularly. Most people flinch at MOQ orders. Need to service them better I think.

Created some insanely good customer win back campaigns for Klaviyo that resulted in great profits.

Launched one messenger bot campaign - flopped, but glad I did it because I am grandfathered in and no new bots are allowed on FB currently. - Need to focus more time here.

Moving forward, making progress with some losses, some wins and some "wait-n-sees".

Back to the grind!

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
Time to check on progress!

It's been nearly 2 months since the event.

Are you engaged in your change process?
Making progress?
Or has the fire already burned out?
Back to the job or reading more books?

Already started to make changes to my business. I had a talk with @LightHouse that really got me thinking. I'm restructuring my business model now. Maybe because of that talk after lunch on the first day of the summit.

"The side that wants it the most loses". I believe this is what I said. Just to be clear, this means that if you want it more, you should not show it. The other side will be looking for your motivation. Don't let them know. It does not matter if you are the buyer or the seller. If you need the transaction to go through, the other party will hold firmer to the line that favors them.

Thank you for clarifying steeve. If I could edit my post I would do it. For now, I have corrected my personal notes.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Someone asked my brother at the event "What would you do if you had 5 million dollars in the bank, what venture would you go after". In my head at the time I thought to myself "I would be doing exactly what I am doing right now". That let me know that I was on the right track.

What am I doing today? The exact same thing that I know I need to be doing. Things don't move as fast as I like, and absolutely a large portion of that is 100% on me, but some of it is just a waiting game in the industry that I am in. However, I am continually pushing myself harder than I ever would have a year ago, heck, even 6 months ago! I need to keep getting out of my comfort zone and smash this between the goal posts.

The even helped me realize where my priorities need to be. I need to keep thinking bigger. The difference between selling XX of product and 10x that in this industry is literally just in who I talk to in the company, and how large I want to think. The event helped me to realize that and that the only person who is stopping me from doing this is ME, no one else holds that power over myself.

This is the year to absolutely crush it. Next year I want to look back on this year and be like "damn son, you did great, but that was nothing compared to what is coming".

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
@MJ DeMarco - I have to say that your "equation" presentation really made everything click. All the threads I've read, both books - the equation discussion crystallized all of it.

My most important change since the summit has been my lifestyle. I thought I was squared-away before, but in retrospect I was lying to myself. Dialing-in my food and exercise has been critical. It has impacted every part of my life, from energy to confidence. I also realized I'm terrible at making decisions so a strict plan is best for me ("Discipline = Freedom", as Jocko would say).

The lifestyle change also included a change of scenery to a new house in a new town with all the space I need for a home office and gym. This has been a long time in the works and I've had the money squirreled-away for years.

On the business, I'm a private person and had been terrified of launching a website which is core to my strategy. I was in full analysis paralysis for no reason. I pulled the trigger and that goes live this week.

I also have an interim project I'm working as the above website is heavily content based and won't generate revenue perhaps for a year.

I've also pulled together a group of three other like-minded entrepreneurs all at varying stages in the process which has been excellent as we share experience and motivation. Each are in very different markets as well.

I was hesitant to even respond to this because what I now realize is after this small bit of meaningful action, there's still a very long road ahead. But my eyes have been opened to the script and I can't go back.

-PM

CurtRod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
589%
Feb 21, 2018
Canada
Since the summit some things have worked and many have not.

I'm still making the mental shift over to the fastlane, this is a new path for me and completely unfamiliar. Everywhere I turn and look is new and outside my comfort zone. This is simultaneously frightening and exhilerating, so I've been bouncing between reaching for the stars and huddling in a ball.

I managed to pick up this mountain bike I've had my eye on, one of the last 3 available within hundreds of kilometers even. I also started renting a nice apartment in a great area of the city I want to live in. This summer is definitely looking up, I've missed biking with my brother for years and now I'll be living minutes away instead of hours.

I've also made some nice headway with indie game development with a friend of mine. What started as jokes, became half jokes and now we're actually doing it. Never thought I'd be making games again, but I'm excited by this one.

What isn't working is financing all of that, I have an immediate need to pay rent and buy food which overshadows everything I think of for the future. So far my Civil Engineering Technology diploma hasn't been worth the paper it's printed on (thanks oil crash!) and I have been unable to get a profile approved on Upwork so I can try my hand at freelance copywriting. The constant failure and rejection from my unsuccessful job hunt and now the denial from Upwork with no actionable feedback has been miserable, even crushing at times. This in turn has me dwelling on everything negative which doesn't help anything. I don't want to give up though, the road is rough but the summit showed me it leads somewhere.

For now I'm focusing on my upcoming move and getting settled in, after that I'm going to have to prioritize finding a slowlane job so I can afford to fail some more as I learn. I am making it a point to do at least one thing every day that benefits me somehow in regards to the fastlane, read for an hour, or google something important, or even take notes about ideas I can maybe capitalize on in the future.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Rode a post summit high, hit a low.

Then read Deep Work on the plane flight to China. It clicked. Came back and have just been killing it with my focus like never before. Knocking out the important tasks that really matter. Moving the dial.

Eating amazingly well and working out as well. Made those changes after reading Healthy At 100.

Been making more time for books lately, and less time trying to squeeze out one more hour of shitty work in the evening.

Going to hire first employee soon, that’ll help my focus tremendously, as a lot of the day to day bullshit will be off my plate.

Group of guys here kicking my a$$ on skype is helping too.

Last edited:

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
My life had revved into a frenzy of spinning plates leading up the Summit. I hit an all time frenzy high during the summit, got slammed with major job stress the day I got back, fell face first into the post-eburningman-depression slump, got sick, and dropped all plates on the floor. That's one way to get rid of frenzy. Got terribly discouraged - but it was mostly due to illness and the frustration of wanting to make progress while unable to do anything. Once I got well, my enthusiasm came back, and I have been working on my business since then and cautiously picking some plates back up. Many thanks to @becks22 and @LateStarter for keeping me linked to my tribe...you guys rock!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.