The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tourism Digital Marketing... Advice Needed

Marketing, social media, advertising

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 12, 2017
California
I have been thinking about this idea for a while now.

I am from Kenya and tourism is one of the major incomes for the country. I travel there about 3 times per year to visit family and friends as well as for charity work.

I have noticed that there are thousands of tour companies but they lack digital presence outside of Kenya. Most of these companies only market within Kenya and there is a lot of competition among them. They all rely on review websites such as Tripadvisor and planetware.

I know a lot of tourist attraction sites in Kenya that are poorly advertised or not advertised at all. For instance, Sir Richard Branson has a beautiful hotel in Kenya that most people never hear about. It is a perfect spot for honeymoons Mahali Mzuri. There are other spots such as the burial site of the Boys Scouts founder Baden Powell which attracts visitors from all over the world. This burial site is in my hometown in Kenya where I can visit at any time and take high quality and professional pictures for marketing. This is also the hometown where The Treetops Hotel is located. The hotel became famous around the world when Princess Elizabeth, as she then was, stayed there at the time of the death of her father, King George VI.

There are many other tourist attraction sites that have not been well marketed. Most tour companies have been focused on fighting for the tourists that are already in the country.

I want to start a digital marketing website that would link North American tourists with Kenya. Kenya's major airline (Kenya Airways) is now running daily flights from Nairobi to New York... meaning that more American tourists have easier access to Kenya (except for the long 15-hour nonstop flights).

My biggest issue right now is that I do not know where to start. I want to build a website that would enable people to explore different places in Kenya based on their interests. I also want customers to be able to buy tour packages on the same site as well as flights to Kenya. My main goal is to help people discover Kenya and how to get there.

Any advice is welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I want to build a website that would enable people to explore different places in Kenya based on their interests. I also want customers to be able to buy tour packages on the same site as well as flights to Kenya. My main goal is to help people discover Kenya and how to get there.

You have answered yourself already! Build a website where people can explore is your first step...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.