The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where should my company be assigned to geographically

michaelp1998

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 5, 2023
I am a young starting entrepreneur and I need your advice I am in the process of gathering funds for my project and I should open a company to collect it very shortly where should I open my company based on your experience? Should I just go for the lowest tax rate for small businesses or have some thing in the US for convenience measures? I am currently not a citizen of the USA but my company is looking to launch its product there.
I am currently covering the internet for laws of tax and tax rates of each country and would like to know from your experience what is best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
I hope you don't take this badly but honestly you are wasting your time.

If you haven't launched your product and made a single dollar from it, then what good is it to know where the best places is to register your business.

This is 100% fake-action.

Launch your product first, make some money. Then with that money hire someone to tell you what to do next. There is not point in trying to optimize your taxes if you don't have any revenue.

I have been running my software product for the last 6 months and now, as I am starting to make some money each month, I finally got around to hiring an accountant to sort out the mess I have made.

This way I spent the last 6 months focusing on the product because that's what's most important and this person who's job is to sort out things like that will do it for me and I won't have to spend time fixing this problem because I have better things to do.

Things like making the product better or getting new customers.

You are putting the cart way before the horse here.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
I think your situation will decide this for you, in the end, so don’t worry too much about it.

michaelp1998

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 5, 2023
I hope you don't take this badly but honestly you are wasting your time.

If you haven't launched your product and made a single dollar from it, then what good is it to know where the best places is to register your business.

This is 100% fake-action.

Launch your product first, make some money. Then with that money hire someone to tell you what to do next. There is not point in trying to optimize your taxes if you don't have any revenue.

I have been running my software product for the last 6 months and now, as I am starting to make some money each month, I finally got around to hiring an accountant to sort out the mess I have made.

This way I spent the last 6 months focusing on the product because that's what's most important and this person who's job is to sort out things like that will do it for me and I won't have to spend time fixing this problem because I have better things to do.

Things like making the product better or getting new customers.

You are putting the cart way before the horse here.
I'll tell you what I am past business models and marketing plans I have a good work structure and I am currently working to build and enlarge my project I lack a good few thousand dollars to start making the things I want a lot faster we are talking years and currently looking for an investor some were interested but gave me the cold shoulder and some told me they will not invest since my company doesn't exist therefore I am looking for the best place to send my forms but I guess the job has to be done a lot harder since they can't see a future investment just a few more years of hard push and fast lane it is

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
I am a young starting entrepreneur and I need your advice I am in the process of gathering funds for my project and I should open a company to collect it very shortly where should I open my company based on your experience? Should I just go for the lowest tax rate for small businesses or have some thing in the US for convenience measures? I am currently not a citizen of the USA but my company is looking to launch its product there.
I am currently covering the internet for laws of tax and tax rates of each country and would like to know from your experience what is best.
Nevermind. [Edit: Not applicable for outside US]

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
That's a complicated question. One I wouldn't trust to a forum (albeit a great one!).

There are a couple of issues at play here:

1. Where will the day-to-day management of the company take place? Just having a company that is formed in a low-tax jurisdiction won't automatically make that country's tax laws apply. For example, a seller located in Norway but selling products through a Cayman Islands entity may still have a Norweigian situs for tax purposes, as this is where the work is actually taking place.

2. Are you selling directly to consumers or operating through a distributor? Where is the remuneration taking place? How involved will you be in the US market regarding distribution, marketing, etc.? Foreign entities with significant activity in the US may be subject to US taxes or withholding. There may be tax treaties at play as well, depending on your home jurisdiction.

This all leads to: don't approach taxes in a haphazard manner. Talk to a professional.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.