The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Youtube Script writing - how words work | need help

Idea threads

goldminer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Feb 19, 2024
I am a content creator
Make videos like James Jani

My first video is more than 1 hour long
I have already scripted it
It's about 45k words
It's about a billionaire
(I am obsessed with billionaires)

During voiceover I found out that
Dog Shit is better than this script, I wrote

I am sure that many people here are experts in writing, content creation., ....., everything.

How should I write video scripts like james Jani, maganates media , moon, fern ....

I searched youtube every video is the similar to other one , and no one is talking about the style of writing of these youtubers write

I have only 4 questions

How should I approach this problem ?

How should I improve at it ?

Are there any books you would like to recommend me ?

Is there something like retention writing?
Like maintain the audience attention through writing for 1 hour

If so how should I do that

At last thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mai.hichem

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 20, 2024
One of the best advice i got into youtube scriptwritting is using what's called mini sign post

your video should end in a grand pay off, the conclusion, what's the viewer should get from it,

but before the viewer get to that point, you should devide it into miny pay off, basically little chapter in your video that answer a curiosity gap

To make it simple, you start the video with a curiosity gap, build tension around it, close the curiosity gap by giving it a answer and build the next one, you answer the first question, and ask a new one right away

till you get to the conclusion of your video

For exemple i made a video about a book on learning "make it stick",

i start the video with a question "is it possible to learn quickly ?", and answer this question progressivley thru the video

First answer is yes, in the book the author share three advice, next question is what are those advice

Retrival, spacing and interleaving, which guide us toward the new questions

What is retrival ? what is spacing ? and what is interleaving ?

And end it with a conclusion, which answer the first question, of the video, how to learn quickly using those three tricks

It a bit tricky to do at first, but just make sure you video is always progressing toward a grand final pay off, by going from question to answer, to question to answer

Edward Hytcheck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2024
I don't have a lot of experience with this but I do have some. And the thing I found that worked best was to think of it as song writing. In fact, if you notice, a lot of the best YouTube videos are lose rap songs to their background music. Doing this lets you keep and interesting and engaging pace as well as allowing you to organize your points as the verses of a song then moving to your ultimate point at the climax of the song. And then literally the visuals are just the video that goes along with it. Like I said, keep it lose. You don't need to completely follow the rhythm of your song, and you certainly shouldn't rhyme. But I found that doing this gave me the best, most natural, and most entertaining flow in my videos.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
612%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Lol I talked with one of those channels you mentioned, don't worry many of them are hiring the best scripwriters on upwork. So don't be so harsh on yourself, you're competing with the top 1% on this market.

However, you have 2 ways to approach this problem...

1 - Paying for a tool (that the owner thought about this problem of yours first, and made a solution)

Faster, Better YouTube Scripts - Subscribr

You give the tool the writing style to replicate and will help you identify the writing style, you can add your own sources andif you suck at writing titles, don't worry this tool will write a lot of titles for you.

Here's an example of how well this AI tool writes: (This is up to you)

Intro:
The year was 1939. The Soviet Union had just invaded Finland, expecting an easy victory. But there was a problem... and this problem had a name: "The White Death". A legend, a ghost. A single man who waged a war against the Soviet Union. A name that struck fear into an entire army. But how did a 5'3" farmer from rural Finland become the deadliest sniper of all time?

Born in 1905 in the remote village of Rautjärvi, Simo Häyhä grew up on his family's farm, developing a deep connection with the land and an uncanny aptitude for marksmanship. From a young age, Häyhä honed his skills as a hunter, stalking game in the dense Finnish forests and participating in local shooting competitions, where he consistently outperformed his peers. As he matured, his prowess with a rifle became almost mythical, earning him a reputation as a marksman of unparalleled skill.

When Häyhä entered military service in 1925, his superiors quickly recognized his exceptional abilities and began to shape him into a formidable sniper. Through rigorous training and an innate understanding of his environment, Häyhä mastered the art of camouflage, learning to blend seamlessly into the snow-covered landscape of his homeland. Armed with his trusty Finnish-made M/28-30 rifle and an iron will, Häyhä was poised to become a legend in the annals of military history.

2 - You can do it yourself; you need to make sure if your script really sucks or if is just your broke perception from comparison.

If you suck at writing, you need reps. Write everyday (Essays, Mini Essays, Outlines, Tweets, Quotes, Summaries, Journal, whatever you want, just write).

Then you can get better at it by implementing frameworks like AIDA, PAPA, 5 Cs. Learn about Storytelling, VSLs, Storyselling and Copywriting in General.

If you wanna write like X, try writing a script copying his style. For example, this is what I did trying to replicate Fern Style.

Intro:

It was a normal afternoon of January 15th, 2019...

Until streets turned blood in the attack made by the Islamist terror group called Al-Shabaab

The City is Chaos.

Burning vehicles, explosions, shootings, civilians being injured. Attackers are trying to besiege the DesitD2… a luxury hotel complex located in Nairobi, Kenya.

This horrible incident took around 19 hours and claimed the lives of around 27 innocent victims, and more than 70 people were injured. The country's worst terrorist attack since 1998.

This deadly attack was about to fulfill its purpose, it was about to be a brutal carnage with hundreds of victims…

But this did not happen. Why?

The answer is a mysterious man, an SAS operator who ended up saving the lives of more than 700 people, alongside with the local Kenyan forces.

His name? Christian Craighead. You may think his name is not important, but it is, because for many years, his identity was a secret, hidden for security reasons by several countries.

Many questions arise…

What was a Top Tier SAS Operator doing in Kenya?
What’s the reason behind this terror attack?

But first, let’s go back to the incident…

--------------

Christian was having a good day. It was a fairly hot Tuesday at 3pm but everything seemed normal.

After taking a shower, his phone rings.

His friend is calling him, laying down in an office on the hotel complex... The siege has begun.

“Chris, there’s an attack going on… I’m not armed, you gotta come down here.”

Christian replies: “I’m on my way”

He proceeds to wear his gear and get ready to face the attack.

If you can't find good quality on Youtube, try reading some books like "The Storyselling Method" and "Persuasive Copywriting" by Andy Maslen. Both are very practical books.

Youtube is a zero-sum game, and a lot of channels have unfair advantages that it doesn't matter what you do, you never will be able to beat them. So instead of trying to do what other channels are doing with +1k budget per video or channels who were experts at 3d animations or Video editing before Youtube. Find your unfair advantages, what thing you're the best at, what comes natural to you that everyone struggles doing that skill/thing, because NOBODY CAN BEAT YOU at being YOU.

goldminer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Feb 19, 2024
Lol I talked with one of those channels you mentioned, don't worry many of them are hiring the best scripwriters on upwork. So don't be so harsh on yourself, you're competing with the top 1% on this market.

However, you have 2 ways to approach this problem...

1 - Paying for a tool (that the owner thought about this problem of yours first, and made a solution)

Faster, Better YouTube Scripts - Subscribr

You give the tool the writing style to replicate and will help you identify the writing style, you can add your own sources andif you suck at writing titles, don't worry this tool will write a lot of titles for you.

Here's an example of how well this AI tool writes: (This is up to you)

Intro:
The year was 1939. The Soviet Union had just invaded Finland, expecting an easy victory. But there was a problem... and this problem had a name: "The White Death". A legend, a ghost. A single man who waged a war against the Soviet Union. A name that struck fear into an entire army. But how did a 5'3" farmer from rural Finland become the deadliest sniper of all time?

Born in 1905 in the remote village of Rautjärvi, Simo Häyhä grew up on his family's farm, developing a deep connection with the land and an uncanny aptitude for marksmanship. From a young age, Häyhä honed his skills as a hunter, stalking game in the dense Finnish forests and participating in local shooting competitions, where he consistently outperformed his peers. As he matured, his prowess with a rifle became almost mythical, earning him a reputation as a marksman of unparalleled skill.

When Häyhä entered military service in 1925, his superiors quickly recognized his exceptional abilities and began to shape him into a formidable sniper. Through rigorous training and an innate understanding of his environment, Häyhä mastered the art of camouflage, learning to blend seamlessly into the snow-covered landscape of his homeland. Armed with his trusty Finnish-made M/28-30 rifle and an iron will, Häyhä was poised to become a legend in the annals of military history.

2 - You can do it yourself; you need to make sure if your script really sucks or if is just your broke perception from comparison.

If you suck at writing, you need reps. Write everyday (Essays, Mini Essays, Outlines, Tweets, Quotes, Summaries, Journal, whatever you want, just write).

Then you can get better at it by implementing frameworks like AIDA, PAPA, 5 Cs. Learn about Storytelling, VSLs, Storyselling and Copywriting in General.

If you wanna write like X, try writing a script copying his style. For example, this is what I did trying to replicate Fern Style.

Intro:

It was a normal afternoon of January 15th, 2019...

Until streets turned blood in the attack made by the Islamist terror group called Al-Shabaab

The City is Chaos.

Burning vehicles, explosions, shootings, civilians being injured. Attackers are trying to besiege the DesitD2… a luxury hotel complex located in Nairobi, Kenya.

This horrible incident took around 19 hours and claimed the lives of around 27 innocent victims, and more than 70 people were injured. The country's worst terrorist attack since 1998.

This deadly attack was about to fulfill its purpose, it was about to be a brutal carnage with hundreds of victims…

But this did not happen. Why?

The answer is a mysterious man, an SAS operator who ended up saving the lives of more than 700 people, alongside with the local Kenyan forces.

His name? Christian Craighead. You may think his name is not important, but it is, because for many years, his identity was a secret, hidden for security reasons by several countries.

Many questions arise…

What was a Top Tier SAS Operator doing in Kenya?
What’s the reason behind this terror attack?

But first, let’s go back to the incident…

--------------

Christian was having a good day. It was a fairly hot Tuesday at 3pm but everything seemed normal.

After taking a shower, his phone rings.

His friend is calling him, laying down in an office on the hotel complex... The siege has begun.

“Chris, there’s an attack going on… I’m not armed, you gotta come down here.”

Christian replies: “I’m on my way”

He proceeds to wear his gear and get ready to face the attack.

If you can't find good quality on Youtube, try reading some books like "The Storyselling Method" and "Persuasive Copywriting" by Andy Maslen. Both are very practical books.

Youtube is a zero-sum game, and a lot of channels have unfair advantages that it doesn't matter what you do, you never will be able to beat them. So instead of trying to do what other channels are doing with +1k budget per video or channels who were experts at 3d animations or Video editing before Youtube. Find your unfair advantages, what thing you're the best at, what comes natural to you that everyone struggles doing that skill/thing, because NOBODY CAN BEAT YOU at being YOU.
Hey, this helped a lot

I tried to write scripts of fern, james Jani , maganates media , ......etc.

And it unlocked a whole new dimension for me

For now I am practicing imitating the style of Top 1% -

Combine them
Variate
Make my own style

My unfair advantage would be scripting
Which I am practicing and video editing which I am good at

Once again thank you

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I am a content creator

It's about 45k words
It's about a billionaire

I am sure that many people here are experts in writing, content creation., ....., everything.

How should I write video scripts like james Jani, maganates media , moon, fern ....

I searched youtube every video is the similar to other one , and no one is talking about the style of writing of these youtubers write

I have only 4 questions

At last thanks
It sounds like you are trying to eat an elephant in one go. Focus on improving one thing, improve it and then move on to the next.

When I started, I didn't script my videos, so I frequently missed important points and just rambled. Since then, I've scripted everything, and I've probably scripted around 250 of my videos.

Two scripting methods that work well are:
  1. Bullet pointing - where you have a set of bullet points that you talk around
  2. Full scripting - where you script everything as you want to say it

Bullet pointing is better for long videos, but it's a real skill that will probably take you +50 videos to develop. The danger with this method is you can easily start rambling, and suddenly, the viewer is gone.

Full scripting is time-consuming, so it is best suited for short videos where there is a lot of detail. The danger here is that it doesn't sound natural and so you don't make a connection.

My videos are usually 5 - 10 minutes long, so I tend to write a full script, which takes 2-3 hours to write.

To keep the scripts sounding natural, I dictate them into Word using the dictate feature. That way, the structure and words in the script sound how you sound. Don't use AI to write scripts because they will be full of words you wouldn't use and sound false when you read them.

I like to script one sentence on each line. This makes it easier to read back, and each sentence must deliver something of value to the viewer.

I read the scripts aloud three or four times before recording, making changes to ensure they sound as I would speak. Ignore things like grammar checking because that's based on written words and isn't how we speak.

I use a teleprompter app on an iPad with voice recognition to advance the prompt. This is invaluable.

I can't really make many suggestions if you opt to bullet-point your scripts because I stopped trying to use that method. I always ended up missing too much detail in my videos.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am a content creator

It's about 45k words
It's about a billionaire

I have only 4 questions

At last thanks
Start by writing scripts for short videos. 15s, 30s, 60s. Work the muscle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.