The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Zero Conversion on Latest Product

Marketing, social media, advertising

The Don

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 20, 2022
Hi fellow fastlaner!

I’m now on my second attempt of launching a successful business, however the results so far are underwhelming.

The business I’ve created is called Herbal Tranquillity and the plan is to create a number of products for babies/toddlers that will alleviate a variety of problems that they face using only natural herbs. This form of medicine has been used for centuries, however has been negated in the western world.

The first product I’ve launched is called Teething Tonic, which is a herbal tea for babies/toddlers to alleviate teething pain.

I’ve been directed traffic to my shopify site via facebook ads (see ad below). So far this ad has reached 6500 people and had 114 click on the link. Due to my lack experience with ads, are these numbers good and do you have any suggestions as to how I could improve these numbers?

IMG_4479.PNG

However the biggest issue I have is I haven’t had a single sale despite continually reducing the price of the product. Link to product page below. Can anyone see any issues on my sales page that are potentially causing issues with my conversion?

Teething Tonic

Thanks for your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hello,
For clarity, I haven't got any kids so this was a bit of a theoretical exercise for me.

I had a quick look at your sales page and four things sprung to mind.

When I read "Teething Herbal Tea", the first thing I thought of was that if I gave a mug of hot tea to a child with sore gums, the heat would exacerbate the pain and the child would be screaming. It was only after reading three or four paragraphs that it says that this tea can be served warm or cool. Maybe It's normal to serve young children tea that is warm or cold, but it certainly isn't normal to serve tea warm or cool. So I might be tempted to put a "serve cool" banner somewhere toward the top of the advert to dispel that. If everyone else says that serving tea cool to tiny kids is normal then you can ignore this comment.

The sales page is quite busy with what look like multiple adverts for the same product underneath each other.

There are no customer reviews or ratings.

When I clicked on your homepage seeing only one product for sale just looks weird. Maybe you should find some way of hiding that page whilst you have a single product.

Hope this helps.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How are you targeting?

The ad isn't bad, but the picture can be improved as could the headline. Perhaps a crying, raging baby would attract more eyeballs?

Sales page: No testimonials to share other than 1? The page/website feels a bit amateur and thrown together, or "out of the box" -- that feeling might be problematic as you're dealing with parents who are giving their infant your product.
Parents don't want to feel like they are taking a risk when it comes to their child.

Perhaps @Kak and @Fox can care to comment as I believe both of them are parents of infants, or recently.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi fellow fastlaner!

I’m now on my second attempt of launching a successful business, however the results so far are underwhelming.

The business I’ve created is called Herbal Tranquillity and the plan is to create a number of products for babies/toddlers that will alleviate a variety of problems that they face using only natural herbs. This form of medicine has been used for centuries, however has been negated in the western world.

The first product I’ve launched is called Teething Tonic, which is a herbal tea for babies/toddlers to alleviate teething pain.

I’ve been directed traffic to my shopify site via facebook ads (see ad below). So far this ad has reached 6500 people and had 114 click on the link. Due to my lack experience with ads, are these numbers good and do you have any suggestions as to how I could improve these numbers?

View attachment 51814

However the biggest issue I have is I haven’t had a single sale despite continually reducing the price of the product. Link to product page below. Can anyone see any issues on my sales page that are potentially causing issues with my conversion?

Teething Tonic

Thanks for your help!

I agree with @MJ DeMarco about reassuring the parents on your product.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Facebook ads, but people on Facebook aren't usually looking to buy stuff.

None the less, still try out facebook and see if you csn get something to work.

If that fails as an advertisement strategy you can always try Google ads or something else.

@AndyBlack is good at Google ads so check out his stuff.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I read catnip is an ingredient. 2000mg and up to 4 servings a day.

Is it safe to give a child 8g of catnip a day? That seems like quite a lot.

Are there any sort of studies to show that much is safe, and any studies to show that this does anything?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 11, 2019
Your website is very, very basic which doesn't help you look legitimate but that's not even your main concern...

DOES IT WORK?

AND IS IT SAFE?

I don't have kids but if I did, wouldn't give them a random tea I found on a sketchy-looking online store. If that thing really works, get rid of the banners on your product page and post proof, scientific evidence, research, and testimonials.

Break down each of the benefits, and break down each of the ingredients. What is it, how does it work, what proof is there, how low/high is a safe dosage, and who can verify that?

If the personal story is real, build a landing page too (your main page is super sketchy), base it on your story, and talk about your struggles as a parent and how you overcame them.

It's a great concept (if it works, I don't know) and your personal story (if it's real) could help, but I'd suggest you find every relevant competitor and study their stores.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.