The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A visit to the graveyard

Anything related to matters of the mind

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Today I went to the cemetery with my family to pay respects to our dead relatives.

My dad died at 44 years old and never really did anything with his life. He was born, he lived a fun life as a kid from the stories he told me, he got married, got divorced with my mom 2 years later, and died while living alone in his mom’s basement.

What was he remembered for? Did his life go to waste? At least from what I saw when he was alive he spent his whole life working at Costco all day and coming home to watch sports.

My dads life was not uncommon, he had the same life as almost all adults. He had the same life that is planned out for me. College, work, debt, get married to some fat bitch, get divorced, die.

I refuse to live that life. The amount of regret I would feel would make me kill myself. I only have one life so I’m going to do something big with it.

People have no balls to believe in themselves and that’s why they follow the script. They want to have a back up plan just in case things don’t work out. Backup plans are good in theory, but they allow you to F*ck around.

I don’t have any other choice aside from becoming financially free. I’m not going to college NO MATTER WHAT. Worst case scenario I’ll be making $20/day online while living in India and having total freedom. I would rather die than be some slave worker earning money for another man’s business. I just want freedom. It pisses me off when people in authority tell me what to do.

So I’m going to give it all I got. I’m going to work my a$$ off, take big risks, and get the big rewards I desire. I don’t want to look back at my life in regret.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
My dad died at 44 years old and never really did anything with his life.

So your birth was nothing?

Life is more than just money.

najeeb

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
900%
Jun 8, 2015
I rarely comment but I have to this time because you sound exactly like me when I was younger. Please do not automatically assume authorities are wrong. Sometimes authorities are right in some things. There's a reason some things are the way they are for a reason even if you don't realize it yet.

I have literally done exactly what you said and I have plenty of regrets.

I wish I went to college to get that life experience, enjoy my youth, join clubs, make great friends, gain a skillset, connect with professors, and have an education. I could have still worked on my online businesses while enjoying a great life in college.

I wish I got myself a normal job at least initially for that experience, build my work ethic, humble myself, have a schedule and routine, and get out more for a good reason. I could work on a business at the same time. Contrary to some beliefs, it is WAY easier to think about ideas and work on a business when you have some safety net versus being stressed the hell out that if your business doesn't work then you literally have nothing.

I have done exactly as your "worst" case scenario by living in a third world country while earning online and it is NOT as fun or enjoyable as you think. Alone, without a wife, without your family around, in a foreign place surrounded by foreign people, everything seems so boring, dull and scary. You wish you were back home where you felt loved and relaxed.

You can go to college, enjoy your youth and fun life experiences, find an attractive girl who is not a "fat bitch", not get divorced as long as you find the right person and put in the effort, work a job, start a business, travel places (and trust me, living in a new country is vastly different).

Also I would highly suggest that you should not be so rigid and intense about doing only something or "you would rather die". It's easy to say until you get to that moment where you are seriously contemplating dying and then you will be in a really, really bad place. Chill, relax, and go step by step. As long as you are a good person, and you always work hard, things will eventually work out without forcing anything.

For the record I have a decently successful online business so I am not just talking theoretically.

piano

Em7(add13) to Fmaj7sus2.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Today I went to the cemetery with my family to pay respects to our dead relatives.

My dad died at 44 years old and never really did anything with his life. He was born, he lived a fun life as a kid from the stories he told me, he got married, got divorced with my mom 2 years later, and died while living alone in his mom’s basement.

What was he remembered for? Did his life go to waste? At least from what I saw when he was alive he spent his whole life working at Costco all day and coming home to watch sports.

My dads life was not uncommon, he had the same life as almost all adults. He had the same life that is planned out for me. College, work, debt, get married to some fat bitch, get divorced, die.

I refuse to live that life. The amount of regret I would feel would make me kill myself. I only have one life so I’m going to do something big with it.

People have no balls to believe in themselves and that’s why they follow the script. They want to have a back up plan just in case things don’t work out. Backup plans are good in theory, but they allow you to F*ck around.

I don’t have any other choice aside from becoming financially free. I’m not going to college NO MATTER WHAT. Worst case scenario I’ll be making $20/day online while living in India and having total freedom. I would rather die than be some slave worker earning money for another man’s business. I just want freedom. It pisses me off when people in authority tell me what to do.

So I’m going to give it all I got. I’m going to work my a$$ off, take big risks, and get the big rewards I desire. I don’t want to look back at my life in regret.
A good post in my opinion, here's my opinion and feedback on it:

First of all, I find your mindset frickn awesome. They way you're just brute forcing through your way is amazing.
The only thing that rings my inner alarm bell is actually your mindset though.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good one, but I believe it can use some optimisation.
First of all, do you have a grudge against your dad? Do you think he was a complete loser, did he hate you and tried to give you his path because he hated you or because he simply never knew another way?

If you ask me about my dad, it's obviously not everything perfect. I also don't want to live his life, but I'm grateful for everything good he taught me. Bro, if I didn't have a father, I might be on some F*cking underage furry-vr-sex-roleplay Discord server, calling myself "Kitten" and assigning myself 8 different sexualities.
Obviously, that's one of the worst outcomes possible if I didn't have a father and it is rather unlikely to have turned out that way, but it would've been possible.

Go have that rage to conquer the world, but don't rage at things that will only eat you up eventually.
I can already hear Blackdragon tipping his 8000+ words essay about why you should rage and hate everybody and stab the McDonalds employee to succeed. But that's just my take, don't hate everything, at least I personally wouldn't. Think about it, maybe it will resonate with you, maybe it won't. It's your choice.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

I think you have the right plan. I personally will go to college and perhaps get a masters degree. Why? Because it's free in Germany and because I think having "master of x" next to my name would be cool. I also get a bunch of tax and insurance benefits as a college student.
My current business does not and will most likely not require me as a full time worker in the future. So I see no reason to not go to college. I effectively get paid ~2k a month to go there when factoring in saved living expense (parents insist on paying for living space and food) and saved taxes and insurance.

If I had to pay 2k a month to go there then hell no. That's way too much of a risk for me to take for a CHANCE at getting some kind of negligible value later. Ffs I earn more per hour than most graduates right now.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
So your birth was nothing?

Life is more than just money.

First of all, do you have a grudge against your dad? Do you think he was a complete loser, did he hate you and tried to give you his path because he hated you or because he simply never knew another way?
My dad barely raised my sister and I and my mom was left to raise us by herself.

I’m not trying to roast my dad. I reflected on his life while in the cemetery and thought I would never want a life like his. I also realized that that is the life everyone lives and the life that’s set out for me.

I’m not saying money is everything in life. It’s definitely not. I want the freedom to do whatever the F*ck I want and live a crazy life. I don’t want every day to be the same.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I rarely comment but I have to this time because you sound exactly like me when I was younger. Please do not automatically assume authorities are wrong. Sometimes authorities are right in some things. There's a reason some things are the way they are for a reason even if you don't realize it yet.

I wish I went to college to get that life experience, enjoy my youth, join clubs, make great friends, gain a skillset, connect with professors, and have an education. I could have still worked on my online businesses while enjoying a great life in college.

I wish I got myself a normal job at least initially for that experience, build my work ethic, humble myself, have a schedule and routine, and get out more for a good reason. I could work on a business at the same time. Contrary to some beliefs, it is WAY easier to think about ideas and work on a business when you have some safety net versus being stressed the hell out that if your business doesn't work then you literally have nothing.

I have done exactly as your "worst" case scenario by living in a third world country while earning online and it is NOT as fun or enjoyable as you think. Alone, without a wife, without your family around, in a foreign place surrounded by foreign people, everything seems so boring, dull and scary. You wish you were back home where you felt loved and relaxed.

You can go to college, enjoy your youth and fun life experiences, find an attractive girl who is not a "fat bitch", not get divorced as long as you find the right person and put in the effort, work a job, start a business, travel places (and trust me, living in a new country is vastly different).

Also I would highly suggest that you should not be so rigid and intense about doing only something or "you would rather die". It's easy to say until you get to that moment where you are seriously contemplating dying and then you will be in a really, really bad place. Chill, relax, and go step by step. As long as you are a good person, and you always work hard, things will eventually work out without forcing anything.

For the record I have a decently successful online business so I am not just talking theoretically.
Both of these posts are very important and everyone reading should take the time to absorb both of them and balance them!

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
421%
Aug 9, 2022
Go for it, become the better man you wish your dad was. I look into the mirror every day and tell myself that I'll become what he could not.

Some people posting may disagree, saying that I should be thankful, but I don't care. I love him, but I don't want to be anything like him. I think the need to fight bigger battles than your parents is an excellent source of motivation. Any other source of motivation is fine too but the source has to run deep. So deep that it reaches the pits of the inferno and burns a fire under your a$$ every day.

But anyhow, this could be your tipping point and you're only 15. Imagine how much you could change if you put in the work for the next 5-10 years...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
466%
Mar 15, 2018
@ChrisK

We only live once. Enjoy the ride. You are going to change many times, it’s all ok.

Like Bruce Lee said “be like water”.

Best of luck!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for the insight.

I already clarified that I would despise working a 9-5. With that being said, what will college do for me? I might as well just have fun while not going to college

thanks for your insight.

you may want to get work experience, but i really dont. it would probably be exciting for the first month to get a new job and then it would turn extremely boring for me. i already hate school as it is and i dont imagine work to be that different.

so knowing that i dont want to work 9-5, what will going to college do for me? if im going to go there just to hook up with girls and party i might as well do that at home while working on my business.

im a pretty extreme guy. you dont seem like one. maybe you like to have a safety net and peace of mind but i like to throw myself in the storm. maybe its just my youthful energy though lol.

and im not full of shit. im really making progress. im 15 years old and made $800 last week after school from my business

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Both of these posts are very important and everyone reading should take the time to absorb both of them and balance them!
Thank you, I skimmed real fast and missed it.

I already clarified that I would despise working a 9-5. With that being said, what will college do for me
He answered that. You just didn't hear it. You assume college means you're going to work a 9:00 to 5:00. Your anger is getting in the way of good advice.

One of the best things I got out of college was a lifetime network of contacts. Friends.

Even today, I can place a call to a complete stranger, but if I see my college on his profile, I have something in common with him. I am a lot more likely to get the phone answered. I have the easier ability to build rapport. Has that turned into more money than what I spent on college? Yes.

But my story is probably a little different. It took me 10 years to graduate college. I approached my classes much more maturely than a typical 18-year-old fresh out of high school.

You want to build a business right? What kind of business? Have you given any consideration to being the boss at one of these companies where you don't want to be in a nine to five worker?

Alternatively, maybe you could be exposed to some business classes. Do you think those might help?

Like anything else in life, like this forum even, you're going to get out of it whatever you put into it.

With your attitude, you wouldn't get anything out of college, so don't go.

But with a little attitude tweak, nah, you probably still shouldn't go to college. Lol. But for other people reading, it might be a good option to choose.

Last edited:

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022

I love the fact that you refer to your mother as "some fat bitch".

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
He had the same life that is planned out for me. College, work, debt, get married to some fat bitch

E0CA48F2-AC78-4E46-8E44-3F30CB254F73.gif

Lol

I know how you feel exactly, just get to work, be nice to your family, put the weight on your shoulders and years from now you’ll be sitting around the table with them, you’ll be the patriarch, they will look to your for guidance and leadership, you’ll be the one buying nice Christmas presents and they’ll say “we always knew you’d make it”.

Keep dreaming big and just put your head down for a while. Make sure to take breaks after every level you climb and enjoy the view for a month or two before getting back to work. It’ll take years so have a couple mini retirements on your way up.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Life is about having options.

Going to college gives you more options.

For most people, if they cannot start a side hustle and passing their degree in business/finance, they can’t make it quitting school either.

University is not anti-business. They are such things as entrepreneurship clubs, courses and modules related to entrepreneurship.

Last edited:

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Life is about having options.

Going to college gives you more options.

For most people, if they cannot start a side hustle and passing their degree in business/finance, they can’t make it quitting school either.

University is not anti-business. They are such things as entrepreneurship clubs, courses and modules related to entrepreneurship.
I’m taking business class for highschool right now and while my teacher is teaching us what a corporation is I’m closing sales on my phone.

My business teacher doesn’t even have her own business and is still working at 65 years old.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I’m taking business class for highschool right now and while my teacher is teaching us what a corporation is I’m closing sales on my phone.

My business teacher doesn’t even have her own business and is still working at 65 years old.
The main purpose of the university is not to learn new things. Although you will learn.

It is to certify someone with a paper that declares “I am not an idiot. I am not too lazy. I am also not a drug addict”.

For most people quitting university is taking the tougher route, not the easier route.

But if you are now growing an existing profitable business into something bigger, that is a different story.

Most business and finance degree have weekly workloads of not more than four full days.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Sam Walton, the founder of Walmart, at one time was the richest man in the world. If you ever have a chance to visit Bentonville Arkansas, you can check out his grave. Here’s a picture. Use your time wisely.3DA54DF9-9F0A-45C1-882E-B81E497E4F83.jpeg

Ali yusufzai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Feb 22, 2023
Thanks for the insight.

I already clarified that I would despise working a 9-5. With that being said, what will college do for me? I might as well just have fun while not going to college

thanks for your insight.

you may want to get work experience, but i really dont. it would probably be exciting for the first month to get a new job and then it would turn extremely boring for me. i already hate school as it is and i dont imagine work to be that different.

so knowing that i dont want to work 9-5, what will going to college do for me? if im going to go there just to hook up with girls and party i might as well do that at home while working on my business.

im a pretty extreme guy. you dont seem like one. maybe you like to have a safety net and peace of mind but i like to throw myself in the storm. maybe its just my youthful energy though lol.

and im not full of shit. im really making progress. im 15 years old and made $800 last week after school from my business
My story is also nearly same to you . can u plz tell me about Ur business .

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

Please SEARCH before posting.