The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books that help you implement ideas into your life

Idea threads

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Hey!
I am searching for books that talk about the topic of implementing the given ideas and thoughts intó my life. So apart from "This is the right thing" I can see "how to do the right thing every day" and "tips on how to do the thing every day".

As an example: How to win friends and influence people
It has great ideas, but before picking up the book I somehow knew that beeing nice to people will make them like me more. What I missed were tips on how to be nice when your opposite is an a**hole, or how to not critizise your opponent when he did something bad. Some chapters scratched on that, but I felt it is not enough..

Since I am trying to better myself in most aspects of my life, I am searching for books about relationships (friends,love,family), mindsets (positive thinking, problems = opportunities, failure, habits etc), mental health (sleep and meditation) and business.

Do books like this exist?
Or am I searching for a comprehensive guide that is not possible?

Would love to hear your recommendations :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Depends on what parts of your life you want to improve.
I totally forgot that, sorry.
Since I am trying to better myself in most aspects of my life, I am searching for books about relationships (friends,love,family), mindsets (positive thinking, problems = opportunities, failure, habits etc), mental health (sleep and meditation) and business.

Thanks for the answer!

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
"Or am I searching for a comprehensive guide that is not possible?"

You're asking a shitty question. Don't do that again.

Pick up one book and read it. Concentrate your forces. But don't start with that book yet. We also won't do your research for you. We do not make your choices.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I totally forgot that, sorry.

Thanks for the answer!

This is a good place to start...

Top-Business-Books.png

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Since I am trying to better myself in most aspects of my life, I am searching for books about relationships (friends, love, family), mindsets (positive thinking, problems = opportunities, failure, habits etc), mental health (sleep and meditation) and business.
Relationships:
Start with calling and messaging your best friends on daily basis and make them really interested in having conversations with you. This will improve your relationships, your approach to communication, your phrasing and the outcome. I don't know your situation with women/significant other in particular so I won't suggest anything about it.

Mindsets:

1. What do you want to achieve in 2016?
Stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself this everyday. Day after day.
2. Get yourself a notepad and write down best things you thought. Write them down immediately. Everyday.
This will change you progressively.

Meditation:

- Throw away your phone, disconnect from the internet and spend 15 minutes just sitting and doing nothing. Not kicking things back and forth, but actually doing nothing. Best meditation ever, increases productivity by 10000%+. This will change your life.

Business:

Pick a field and do one small thing towards it everyday. A year later you'll be further than any wannabe entrepreneur who stretches himself to do this and that but nothing consistently.

You don't need books to achieve that, but you can start with "Switch" by Dan & Chip Heath.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Pick one thing and do it until it becomes a habit.

Make sure your why is strong and real, not something you'd like to be real. Then just start.

Even your thread title gives the answer away IMO. Don't read books to learn how to take action. Take action.

Hope that helps.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
This is a good place to start...

Top-Business-Books.png
Where'd you pull this graph from? I can't find it on the EoF site. I'm curious as to what the X axis is.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Thank you all for answering!
I see that I explained my problem wrong.. I am not sure how to state it in my native language so writing in English has not helped :)
I am not looking for books about taking action, I am looking for books that are written in a "practical style" (they are near real life). For example, TMF , Miracle Morning, 7 Day Start Up.
My problem with some books is they are written in a philosophical style, so a lot of talking about really theorethical ideas.

But reading your answers, made me realise a bit I am asking for too much.
I am overthinking, thinking about "how can I react right to person X if he has done a really bad job" while I am not even reacting right when person X did a good job.

Pick one thing and do it until it becomes a habit.

I will reread some of said books and instead of looking at the big picture look at the small steps I can do now without help from the author. And once I get to more difficult situations, I am good enough to tackle this task?

Relationships:
Start with calling and messaging your best friends on daily basis and make them really interested in having conversations with you. This will improve your relationships, your approach to communication, your phrasing and the outcome. I don't know your situation with women/significant other in particular so I won't suggest anything about it.

Mindsets:

1. What do you want to achieve in 2016?
Stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself this everyday. Day after day.
2. Get yourself a notepad and write down best things you thought. Write them down immediately. Everyday.
This will change you progressively.

Meditation:

- Throw away your phone, disconnect from the internet and spend 15 minutes just sitting and doing nothing. Not kicking things back and forth, but actually doing nothing. Best meditation ever, increases productivity by 10000%+. This will change your life.

Business:

Pick a field and do one small thing towards it everyday. A year later you'll be further than any wannabe entrepreneur who stretches himself to do this and that but nothing consistently.

Thank you a lot for this steps! :)

IamWebber

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 14, 2016
Hey Ika,

I have read quite a few so called self help books but the one that has helped me the most by far is The Chimp Paradox by Professor Steve Peters. It is very easy to read and understand. Have a look at the reviews on amazon. I guarantee it will change the way you think about every action and reaction you have in any situation.

The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Hey!
I am searching for books that talk about the topic of implementing the given ideas and thoughts intó my life. So apart from "This is the right thing" I can see "how to do the right thing every day" and "tips on how to do the thing every day".

As an example: How to win friends and influence people
It has great ideas, but before picking up the book I somehow knew that beeing nice to people will make them like me more. What I missed were tips on how to be nice when your opposite is an a**hole, or how to not critizise your opponent when he did something bad. Some chapters scratched on that, but I felt it is not enough..

Do books like this exist?
Or am I searching for a comprehensive guide that is not possible?

Would love to hear your recommendations :)
Relationships: Hold me Tight, Cupids poisoned arrow, The Game.
Mindset: The Magic of Thinking BIG, EXTREME ownership, The war of Art, Waking up, Free will, The end of Faith, Lying
Business: The Millionaire Fastlane , The Four Hour workweek, The Monk and the RIddle, How to Get Rich

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Thank you all for your recommendations!
The Chimp Paradox
Mindset: The Magic of Thinking BIG, EXTREME ownership, The war of Art, Waking up, Free will, The end of Faith, Lying
Business: The Millionaire Fastlane , The Four Hour workweek, The Monk and the RIddle, How to Get Rich
48 laws of power
I know some of the names, but will look at the rest - thank you again! :)

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
As Andy Black said: " Don't read books to learn how to take action. Take action."

However, I have already read a book on this (Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins.)

Based on what I learned, this is basically everything you need to know in order to start taking massive action and achieve the results you desire.

Ultimate Success Formula

1. Target - Know your outcome.
  2. Action - Take action that you believe will produce the results you desire – else your desire will always only be your dreams
  3. Determine Response - Develop sensory acuity to recognise the responses and results you are getting to determine whether they are moving towards the outcome.
  4. Adapt and change until desired result is achieved - Develop the flexibility to change your action until you get the result you want to achieve your outcome.

Modeling

1. Fid someone who is already getting the results you want
  2. Find out what that person is doing
  3. Do the same things, and you'll get the same results.

Daily Goal Setting

• Each morning take a pen and a piece of paper and write down your goals.
  • Remember to write them in the positive present tense and remember to set a deadline for each goal. (For example you could set the goal “I make 10,000 dollars per month by the 31 of December 2016.”)

Monitor your levels of activity

Keep a journal.
Write down your failures, successes, what can be done to improve, ideas and etc.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - Don't trick yourself into thinking that reading is taking action. Reading is just a compliment. It just reinforces what you're learning through experience and sheds some light on what you can do to improve. The best thing you can do is take action AND read.

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
As Andy Black said: " Don't read books to learn how to take action. Take action."

However, I have already read a book on this (Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins.)

Based on what I learned, this is basically everything you need to know in order to start taking massive action and achieve the results you desire.

Ultimate Success Formula

1. Target - Know your outcome.
  2. Action - Take action that you believe will produce the results you desire – else your desire will always only be your dreams
  3. Determine Response - Develop sensory acuity to recognise the responses and results you are getting to determine whether they are moving towards the outcome.
  4. Adapt and change until desired result is achieved - Develop the flexibility to change your action until you get the result you want to achieve your outcome.

Modeling

1. Fid someone who is already getting the results you want
  2. Find out what that person is doing
  3. Do the same things, and you'll get the same results.

Daily Goal Setting

• Each morning take a pen and a piece of paper and write down your goals.
  • Remember to write them in the positive present tense and remember to set a deadline for each goal. (For example you could set the goal “I make 10,000 dollars per month by the 31 of December 2016.”)

Monitor your levels of activity

Keep a journal.
Write down your failures, successes, what can be done to improve, ideas and etc.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - Don't trick yourself into thinking that reading is taking action. Reading is just a compliment. It just reinforces what you're learning through experience and sheds some light on what you can do to improve. The best thing you can do is take action AND read.
Thank you great read sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

not a fan of the four hour workweek may work for some mindsets perhaps.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.principles.com/

Principles by Ray Dalio, I read it a few times and I found a many of my success barriers. I hope to overcome them in the future.
I might read the principles a 100 times in the coming years.

When a billionaire give you his life principles you listen :)

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I am searching for books about relationships (friends,love,family), mindsets (positive thinking, problems = opportunities, failure, habits etc), mental health (sleep and meditation) and business.

Thanks for the answer!

Relationships: Models by Mark Manson
Mindsets: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Mental Health: Any Eckhart Tollie book

Good luck :)

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
Thank you all for your recommendations! I will come back once I read said books.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts