The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Lessons That I Learned

Anything related to matters of the mind

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
  1. Work 20/24 hours - This includes tinkering in your brain all the time
  2. Meditate everyday for 20 minutes
  3. Make systems to manage yourself - Business is a marathon from A to Z but sprints from A to B, B to C until you reach Z. Hence, self management is key.
  4. Always challenge yourself to reach your limits - Personally, i do this by going an extra mile or completing tasks quickly in my business plan. It should feel uncomfortable
  5. Keep daily challenges in a piece of paper or Trello all the time
  6. Try to be the top 1% - I know a few people who hustled for 5 years and failed. Understand that just getting into business wont make you successful. You have to be the top 1%. You can make mistakes all the time
  7. Always solve problems (ASP) - You wake up late and want to skip a day of work? You have a problem to solve. You are lazy to file taxes or do accounts? Another problem to solve. Don't look at problems helplessly or lazily.
  8. Have a business plan with monthly adjustments - Your business plan should keep you occupied the whole month. Make adjustments every month as your business evolve.
  9. Always be happy and always have fun - Be happy for the smallest things. Being unhappy sucks.
  10. Be kind to everyone, even a street dog or a beggar - You are not special.
This thread is a reminder to myself and is derived from my experience in entrepreneurship for a full year.

And I am not rich (I am only paying my bills each month), so do your due diligence. I might change the whole list next year :)

Peace

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I did a challenge a couple months ago where I meditated for ten minutes straight for 60 days. Yes, at first it got me laser-focused and more relaxed. But it came to the point where I was getting annoyed of doing it. I would be like "F*ck I gotta meditate now" and I feel it took away from the whole experience.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I did a challenge a couple months ago where I meditated for ten minutes straight for 60 days. Yes, at first it got me laser-focused and more relaxed. But it came to the point where I was getting annoyed of doing it. I would be like "F*ck I gotta meditate now" and I feel it took away from the whole experience.

Man, I am already at 5 months now. I missed probably 20% days or so, so its not extremely strict and I dont want to beat myself up for it. Main reason why I am meditating is because I saw a video of Ray Dalio where he said he meditated for 44 years and its the biggest return of time invested that he ever did. He meditates 40 minutes a day, which is crazy considering how busy he must be. When a billionaire gives an advice I think we should just do it.

Hmmm ... I am not sure what you are facing, it feels that you are expecting something out of the meditation. Usually my mind is a volcanic eruption when i wake up in the morning lol, so meditation is how i calm shit down. I don't expect anything more from it.

Surrendering to the meditative moment is super important as well. No matter what important things you have to do, you can always take 20 minutes out to stay in the here and now.

Another thing that I do is that I use guided meditation. This will help in making sure that you wont speed it up or slow it down more than 20 minutes. Just start a guided meditation and complete it. Here is a video you can use -

You can also use www.calm.com

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
Man, I am already at 5 months now. I missed probably 20% days or so, so its not extremely strict and I dont want to beat myself up for it. Main reason why I am meditating is because I saw a video of Ray Dalio where he said he meditated for 44 years and its the biggest return of time invested that he ever did. He meditates 40 minutes a day, which is crazy considering how busy he must be. When a billionaire gives an advice I think we should just do it.

Hmmm ... I am not sure what you are facing, it feels that you are expecting something out of the meditation. Usually my mind is a volcanic eruption when i wake up in the morning lol, so meditation is how i calm shit down. I don't expect anything more from it.

Surrendering to the meditative moment is super important as well. No matter what important things you have to do, you can always take 20 minutes out to stay in the here and now.

Another thing that I do is that I use guided meditation. This will help in making sure that you wont speed it up or slow it down more than 20 minutes. Just start a guided meditation and complete it. Here is a video you can use -

You can also use www.calm.com

I used Calm for the 60 days... it's definitely the best meditation app I've used but the whole process was getting tedious.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.