The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rosas_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 7, 2024
Veracruz
Hello everyone!

Just though I'd introduce myself, here's my story (so far).

My journey began in the South of Poland in the year 2004 where I was born. In 2008 my family relocated to Ireland in hopes of a better future. I started school and grew up a normal childhood.

Somewhere at the age of 14 I had an eureka moment and realised that the entire school system is a prison. I didn't own my time, I had to be at a certain place, at a certain time, doing certain things which I didn't necessarily want to do. I had to get permission to go to the bathroom, I had to wait for break time to eat, and if I stepped out of line I was punished. I stopped trying to follow the rules, my grades dropped, my friends changed and I was happier.

Around this time I started thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. Who do I want to become? One day I told my family that I want to be a businessman, drive a dark green jaguar and carry briefcases. That my was interpretation of a businessman at that time.

I ended up moving back to Poland at the age of 16, before Covid hit. I went back to school and started hanging out with the wrong people. Being young and stupid I spent my days drinking, smoking and doing stupid things with my friends. Eventually after almost 2 years of this, I was hit with another eureka moment. I was walking home at two in the morning wanting to light a cigarette. I reached in my pocket and couldn't find a lighter, all good I had matches in the other. So I reached for the matches but couldn't find them either. I took this as a sign and told myself something needs to change. I realised that what I had become was not something shaped by my intentions in life, but by my environment. Within a month I had moved back to Ireland to start again, I told myself that this time I would do the right thing and stay true to myself.

Within the first month of being back in Ireland, I was working night shifts, cleaning buses. I remember at the end if my shift I went into the bathroom looked at myself in the mirror and told myself I needed to do everything I could to not work for someone. I quit a few weeks later, and headed into my last year of education to graduate.

My attendance must have been between 20-30% during that year. I skipped school, sat in local coffee shops and read books. I read books about business, psychology, and entrepreneurship. That's what I did for an entire year, nothing else. I didn't even study for my exams, I simply walked in, wrote down what I knew and walked out. I didn't even go to my last exam. I knew the life I wanted would not require a piece of paper showing how well I could remember things.

I was fresh out of school, 18 years old and broke. My next step? I got a job working night shifts for a transportation company. I was back to trading my time for money. I spent a solid year working that job and working on myself. I had gotten my driver's license and bought my first car. I also started trading the markets as much as I could. I never made a lot of money from the markets, but it taught me that I could give my money a purpose and in return it would either make more or cost me.

I got a promotion at the company, now I was working the day shift. I was earning less than on nights but at least I wasn't a walking zombie anymore. Within days of my promotion the manager was replaced. Management had now started to mico manage me. Day by day my mental health started going downhill. After a few weeks of this I sent in my resignation letter and never showed my face in there again.

Now I was 19, without an income and quite frankly no clue what I was going to do. Panic had started to creep in, I looked at my bank account and realised I had a few months before I ran out of money. I told myself that I will not go back to employement, I would start a business.

Fastforward a few months and we are caught up to my current situation. I know many of you reading this would expect me to say I became a multimillionaire and are now sunbathing on the Caribbean Islands somewhere but the reality is different. So what's my current situation? After months of failing at everything, I have nothing to show for it, except for an empty bank account and a burnt out man in the mirror.

I'm now in Poland, where I will stay for two weeks to recharge before I head back to Ireland to start fresh. Only this time I will not return as a child, but a man. I know where I went wrong and I know where I need to focus.

That's my story. In conclusion I'm now almost 20 years old and I'm starting from scratch, again. I'm not sure know this entire forum or website works, but I'm here to be surrounded by like minded individuals and learn.
Hey man, I have a story similar to yours.

I'm a nineteen year old guy from Mexico, I recently finished reading the millionares fastlane and decided to change my life.

i work in a port company that pays me crap in exchange for 9hrs of my life, i don't want to continue with that, i work during the day and at night after i arrive i start to study, read and learn everything i can (usually about digital marketing, web development and sales).

I would really like to get in touch with you and support each other, we are the same age and I think we have the same desire to get ahead and have financial freedom before we are too decrepit to enjoy it.

I leave you my cell phone number and my email so we can get in touch and support each other to start generating before wasting more time.

+52 229 780 6351
kleberaymar@gmail.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.