The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 And 1 Year TMF Anniversary

abstructs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 18, 2015
Caledon, Ontario
Who else has had this experience?

A month after graduating high-school I read TMF in August 2015.
It completely CHANGED me on a deep level

Throughout high-school I was depressed and couldn't talk to anyone. I would come home from school, sleep until 8pm then play video games until 3am...

Then I would wake up for school at 7am and do it all over again.

After TMF my eyes were wide open, I was tired of that life.

Fast-forward 1 year

• I've read over 60 books. Business, mindset, ANYTHING that I felt would help me!
  • I started programming!
  • I started talking to people!
  • I became 300% MORE social!
  • I hit a 245lb squat, 200 lb bench and 275 deadlift in the gym!
  • I stopped playing video games!
  • I started being helpful whether I can! Giving up my seat on the bus, throwing out trash if I can... Talking to people when they need support. I even purchased copies of TMF for my best friends! (This had one of the great positive effects on my life and relationships!)

The depressed loser I was in high-school is so far away...

And I am SO HAPPY with my journey so far.

The Challenges I Face Today

• I'm going to community college for "computer programming" which I am not happy about.
  • My girlfriend broke up to me (July 28th), said I was becoming "too much like the books I read all the time"... This one hurt the most!
  • I've never held a job and made money before!

What Is The Plan Of Action?

I'm Actually Very Uncertain
I'm currently reading "The Personal MBA" and I'm about to write a resume to get a part-time job.

The loss of my relationship is really effecting me and I'm realizing that I want a much better social circle so I'm taking action on building that by going to networking events and meet-ups.

Other than from the books I read I lack any sort of mentor/guidance in my life, I feel that it's because I lack value so I will be putting more effort into creating value through copywriting and programming.

However programming feels like a dead-end job especially here in Toronto where programmers are everywhere, college and programming feel like empty pursuits...

SORRY to leave it off on such a sad tone! I know excuses aren't welcome here nor do I welcome excuses in my own life!

About Me

I am 19 years old living in Ontario (Caledon).
My github repositories can be found here: https://github.com/abstructs.
I enjoy jazz music, jogging, weightlifting, photography and challenging my own limiting beliefs!

It's good to meet you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jan 13, 2016
Some great progress it seems which is good.
I'm going to community college for "computer programming" which I am not happy about.

Why are you going if you're not happy about it?
My girlfriend broke up to me (July 28th), said I was becoming "too much like the books I read all the time"... This one hurt the most!

You will change as a person all the time. People will come and go all the time. In the end, you will be surrounded by like minded people with given time, while others get left behind. It's just unfortunate that it's your girlfriend in this case.

One thing I must note though is, although after a year it seems you're in a better place, you haven't done much. Sinking yourself in 60 different books and benchpressing 200lbs wont get you very far. Remember, these are just tools. Action is what will.

I recommend reading @SinisterLex's post on freelancing if you can code websites. This will make you stand out compared to all them other programmers that are 'everywhere' and allow you to make a decent amount of cash in no time.

abstructs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 18, 2015
Caledon, Ontario
Some great progress it seems which is good.
Thank you for that!
Why are you going if you're not happy about it?
I can't give you a good reason other than "it's what they told me to do" and "my parents are paying for it".
You will change as a person all the time. People will come and go all the time. In the end, you will be surrounded by like minded people with given time, while others get left behind. It's just unfortunate that it's your girlfriend in this case.
This was something I would have ignored in the past but I feel as though I understand it better now having been through it, cheers to moving on to greater and better!
One thing I must note though is, although after a year it seems you're in a better place, you haven't done much. Sinking yourself in 60 different books and benchpressing 200lbs wont get you very far. Remember, these are just tools. Action is what will.
I completely agree and understand, I haven't been taking responsibility for lack of action, just covering it up with excuses like "I'm probably not good enough". Reality slapped me in the face for this ignorance and if I don't take action it will surely slap me harder next time.
I recommend reading @SinisterLex's post on freelancing if you can code websites. This will make you stand out compared to all them other programmers that are 'everywhere' and allow you to make a decent amount of cash in no time.
I've followed @SinisterLex's threads in the past but I've never taken action.
I'm looking into freelancing right now to get to the doing!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...