The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

23 year old slowlaner transitioning to fastlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Hi

I like to introduce myself to this forum and the fantastic stuff its users and MJ himself have to offer. A little backstory. I am from the UK, Birmingham

I was fed the typical go to school get good grades and you will have money etc. but recently especially over the last two years I began to wake up and reading books moreso over the last year. As a result I went to a good university and got a good MSc Pharmaceutical degree from which I when i graduated (no surprise here) i found it extremely difficult to find work.

I spent 3 months after finishing my studies morning to night job searching, interviewing etc. before I finally gave in and took on a low end job in a somewhat related industry with a 1.5 hour commute each way with a 6am-2pm shift. Even then I put in some serious overtime into this job applying for jobs internally and spending 2 hours+ when i returned home from work searching for jobs.

Last month it happened I got my self a role in a top company with regular working hours and what would be considered a good salary (£22k), the catch I now drive 2 hours each way to work but with continued effort like this I find that after 6-8 months I can easily find a better role elsewhere with salaries of £30k+ and much shorter commutes

So in terms of slowlane I'm doing well for my age, However I can see how working like this is heavily eating up my time and have started to educate myself more heavily looking for other means of making money whilst now having a steady stream of income to help assist me for this transition to the fastlane

I have been reading around the forum and have found a ton of great ideas, a few of which I have set my goals of learning which now include: Learning Code, Apps making/reskinning, Learning Mandarin (china is a great place for business plus as a bonus the company I work for have a small portion of their sales in china so with this skill i can be a greater asset to them).

my 2 hour drive to work i've turned into a positive by listening to audiobooks and podcasts such as MFCEO Project and Lewis Howes. If anyone knows anything good to listen to on these journeys please let me know?

Im here to educate myself if anyone has any advice on how to go about it or if they have been in a similar position to me and know what to do in order to excel then please let me know

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Im here to educate myself if anyone has any advice on how to go about it or if they have been in a similar position to me and know what to do in order to excel then please let me know

Thanks

Welcome and take it from me bro, To eliminate any nonsensical time wastage... Just go and read all the gold threads here. Even the ones you don't think you will need to read. Wish I did that when I first came instead of acting like I knew enough.

Also highly recommend the "everything you need to know about sales" thread by ubermensch.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
Welcome and take it from me bro, To eliminate any nonsensical time wastage... Just go and read all the gold threads here. Even the ones you don't think you will need to read. Wish I did that when I first came instead of acting like I knew enough.

Also highly recommend the "everything you need to know about sales" thread by ubermensch.

Thanks man, I was overwhelmed at first with the information on this site but I will now spend some time over the weekend going over the gold threads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...