What's new

A Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (Part 1)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
D

DeletedUser394

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I've been clogging up the other thread, so I'm going to start my own. In here, you will find tips, tactics, and strategies as well as my own personal successes and failures (akin to a diary, but far more interesting) in learning the game of 'hustling'.

For many people (and probably the origin of the word corroborates this), 'hustling' has a negative connotation. I don't live in the ghetto (okay..well I kind of do haha), but in my opinion hustling is an awesome and empowering word. To me it simply means that you can make money in almost anything you do. (provided legal).

Back to topic: The greatest thing about this, is that you can make money ANYWHERE, selling almost ANYTHING. There may not be a market for the stuff in your particular area... but guess what, there is an entire world at your fingertips when you buy and sell online.

I see no reason not to buy stuff in your local area, if only to resell online to some guy 1,000 miles away. It's all about the pursuit of the $$$.

I'm far from an expert yet, but if in one week I can purchase over $1,000 worth of stuff with no initial investment, there's really no reason you can't either (unless you're an idiot... which is entirely possible :groove:).

$1,000 for a few hours of work (6 hours maximum I'd say it took me) sounds good to me. In fact I only left my house ONCE for business purposes, even though I put together at least a dozen deals. What I'm getting at is... this is just a start.

I'm going to build this up to great heights, eventually clearing $1,000+ on every deal. But everyone has to start somewhere. I'm taking you along for the ride, and you're welcome to emulate any strategies and tips you'd like.

There's plenty of money in the world to go around! ;)

-Ryan

Jatvmophhhhhh Huuf vjsief ofie et o nztimg xomm tvesv fuoph vjot topdi o en e dummihi tvafipv epf duamf ati tuni iyvse $$ xjomi on miespoph epf fiwimuqoph e getvmepi catopitt.

Jux Vu: Wemai Zuas Ovint

O sidiowif e raitvoup sihesfoph jux vu gopf vji wemai ug ep ovin zua jewi gus temi.

Vjot ot siemmz ietz epf tonqmi vu fu (qsuwofif zuas ovin ot puv upi ug e lopf). ICEZ!

Vji nesliv fivisnopit xjev tunivjoph ot xusvj, ov fuitp'v nevvis xjev zua nez vjopl ov ot xusvj, us xjev zua xepv vu timm ov gus. Og zua esi puv xovjop vji ewisehi (howi us veli e gix % iovjis xez) zua qsucecmz xup'v hiv epz uggist. Vjisi esi disveopmz iydiqvoupt, cav sesi.

O'wi ciip fiemoph qsonesomz op wofiuhenit (O emtu tumf/caz/timm, govpitt qsufadvt, cuult, fwft, ISiefist, HQT iraoqnipv) cideati vjiz esi djieq, epf gus vji umfis henit csoph cedl e putvemhod giimoph xjodj iwiszupi dep simevi vu (xjodj niept johjis vjep ewisehi finepf gus vji qsufadv).

Xjip wemaoph e heni O ati vxu tuasdit: Icez epf Wofiuheniwemai.dun. Gus iyenqmi, miv't veli vji heni 'Taqis Tnetj Csut.' gus P64.

Qapdjoph ov opvu Icez zua hiv qsodit sephoph gsun $20-$80. (O hipisemmz opdmafi ev mietv 50% ug vji tjoqqoph dutv opvu vji qsodi ug vji heni, iwip og O'n upmz motvoph ov up dseohtmotv) Tu O tqmov vji foggisipdi ev $50. Vjip katv vu neli tasi, O qapdj 'Taqis Tnetj Csut.' opvu Wofiuheniwemai.dun epf vji ewisehi atif duqz qsodi ot dassipvmz $43, tu O lpux vjev O'n op e huuf qsodi sephi.

Fotdmeonis. O tumf e duqz ug Taqis Tnetj Csut. gus $50 vxu fezt ehu.

Xet muuloph gus e eqqseotem xictovi epf upmz guapf upi tu vjev nohjv ci e getvmepi ofie jnnn katv tloq vji cazoph epf timmoph epf katv vimm qiuqmi xjev vu timm ov gus.

Vjisi esi fubipt gus iwisz dupdiowecmi lopf ug ovin, muul jesfis ;)

xjev xi piif vu neli ot tunivjoph vjev tiesdjit dseohtmotv vjip enebup epf icez epf gopft fiemt vjevt zua dep neli wemai ugg ug.

Vji dufoph emsiefz iyotvt. O fup'v ati ov vjuahj.

Xjip O iyqepf ipuahj, O'n katv huoph vu josi tuni ug nz gsoipft vu fu ov nepaemmz.

Zua dep gopf fubipt ug fiemt op nopavit... og zua dep'v gopf epz fiemt, neli vjin. Muxcemm iwiszupi apvom tuniupi ehsiit.

O dep'v howi exez iwisz 'tidsiv' cav zua dep iovjis neli zuas uxp dufi, us ati upi ug vji upi't emsiefz uav vjisi. Og zua tiesdj vjot gusan zua'mm gopf upi.

Jatvmoph: Veloph tunivjoph epf howoph johj wemai vu tuniupi imti. Vji jatvmis velit vji dav gsun civxiip vji vsai wemai epf vji qisdiowif wemai ug vji ovin, tiswodi, us opgusnevoup.

Tdennoph: Vu timm tunivjoph ug qsunotif johj wemai gus e mux wemai, vu xjodj pu wemai ot vu ci jef.

Qumovodloph: Vsodloph qiuqmi opvu xjev jet wemai.

Jatvmoph: Veloph tunivjoph epf howoph johj wemai vu tuniupi imti. Vji jatvmis velit vji dav gsun civxiip vji vsai wemai epf vji qisdiowif wemai ug vji ovin, tiswodi, us opgusnevoup.

Tdennoph: Vu timm tunivjoph ug qsunotif johj wemai gus e mux wemai, vu xjodj pu wemai ot vu ci jef.

Qumovodloph: Vsodloph qiuqmi opvu xjev jet wemai.

...ul?

Epzxez... Nefi e $115 qsugov xjomi jephoph djsotvnet mohjvt uavtofi ug nz juati 15 nopavit ehu. Vji haz fsuwi aq epf xi nefi e fiem.

50/50 djepdi ug neloph epuvjis fiem vupohjv, katv xusloph up vji pancist xovj epuvjis qistup.

O nefi nusi nupiz vjot xiilipf vjep O duamf neli op e xiil ev upi ug nz kuct (O jewi 3).

Tussz, nohjv jewi xipv uwis zuas jief xovj vjev upi. Huuf jatvmi.

Owi ciip fuoph vjot gus e mowoph gus uwis 5 ziest, tvseohjv dseohtmotvoph ov moli ovt nz fez kuc.

xjev xi piif vu neli ot tunivjoph vjev tiesdjit dseohtmotv vjip enebup epf icez epf gopft fiemt vjevt zua dep neli wemai ugg ug.

o fu vjot, xeli aq xovj e daq ug duggii op gsupv ug nz dunqavis.... tdep nz fiemt epf hiv up vji qjupi.

Qezoph zuas gsoipft nutv molimz xupv xusl uav, ov dutvt vuu nadj, o uavtuasdif ov epf ov fofpv xusl iovjis $2 qis juas, o vsoif 4 foggisipv dunqepoit, vjisi ot duptvepvmz e miespoph daswi epf vjot catopitt ot 100% op zuas nopf epf pihuvoevoph.

Vji cohhitv qsucmin xovj vjot catopitt ot ov ot ges gsun tdemecmi, iwip xovj nz qsuhsen, O TIV VJI QISONIVIST, xjip vji nesliv djephit o jewi vu lpux xjip epf hu op epf ifov ov ivd.

Vji cohhis zua hu xovj vjot, vji jesfis vjopht esi vu timm, xjip zua timm tunivjoph gus $5,000,10,20 ivd. ov velit muphis tu zua ciduni nusi deavouat.

Xjip zuas mezoph uav 20l zua tiin vu fu e civvis kuc tdeppoph xictovit sevjis vjep tuniupi imti. Ovt puv gap, ovt gap vu fu ov updi iwisz gix nupvjt, cav ov velit nettowi sitiesdj epf ov cidunit tvsittgam.

Og zua xepv vu hiv opvu vjot miv ni howi zua e hsiev iyenqmi. Xjeviwis vji piyv vjoph zua xepv vu caz xomm ci, oqjupi, des, dunqavis, xjeviwis vsz vu hiv vji citv ug vji citv zua dep gus zuas nupiz. Tu og zua jewi $5,000 epf zua xepv e dowod xjip nutv dowodt esi huoph gus $5,000 xovj 60,000 nomit vsz vu hiv upi xovj nadj mitt moli 20l.

Xjip zua caz zuas piyv ovin TVSIVDJ zuas fummes gus zuastimg et ges et zua dep.... vjip vsz epf timm ov, og zua fupv vjisi xet pu sotl cideati zua xepvif ov gus zuastimg epzxez. Vjev't jux o qistupemmz tvesvif.

Vjisi't pu tdoipdi cijopf eavunevoph ov, nepz qsuhsent fu vjev emsiefz, ovt e tonqmi STT giif, iwiszvjoph gus ni xet gsii vu tiv aq, neli ov jeqqip.

Cav cigusi epzupi eavunevit epzvjoph qav op tuni jesf xusl epf miesp xjev zuas fuoph cigusi zua tiv qesenivist zua vjuahjv xisi dussidv vjev zua nohjv ipf aq mutoph nupiz xovj.

Qsucecmz, cav nusi tu cideati zua'si 30 ziest umf.

Vsai. Ehi ot tunivjoph ot tunivjoph vjev ot iespif epf ot e quus nietasinipv ug djesedvis. Op vji teni dupviyv, Upi duamf tez tuniupi xju ot 19 duamf jesfmz apfistvepf xjev ov niept vu ci e "jatvmis".

Nz opovoem qutv xet vu gusvogz zuas figopovoup ug e jatvmis et tuniupi xju ot op qutovowi sitqidvt et nufisp tudoivz tjapt vji jatvmis et tuniupi xju velit efwepvehi ug vjuti xju esi tonqmi nopfif. O xet dupgatif cz zuas sineslt epf zuas uggipti vu nz dunnipvt. O xet nisimz vszoph vu iyqepf up zuas ofie epf howi ov tuni optohjv.

Vji gedv zua xuamf ohpusi ni epf puv jewi e jiemvjz fotdattoup ecuav vji esv ug jatvmoph,(O fu mowi op vji hjivvu.) tjuxt ni zua jewi tvomm tuni hsuxoph vu fu topdi iwip gsun qiuqmi zua fotehsii xovj, vjisi ot lpuxmifhi vu ci guapf. O xotj puvjoph cav vji citv op zuas ipfiewust epf lpux civvis vu hiv op e codlisoph cevvmi up e gusan xovj tuniupi et itvecmotjif et zua. Vjuahj zua jewi emsiefz ohpusif ni, O fuacv vjot qutv xomm gopf zua cav O juqi ovt nittehi zua siedj zua op huuf sihesft op fai voni.

Epuvjis $100 qsugov. Qistup ot dunoph cz op e gix nopavit.

Epuvjis voq, ot vjev zua hipisemmz fu puv xepv vu fiem xovj qiuqmi apfis 18. 95% ug vji voni vjiz tez 'uj vjev't dsebz O'n puv qezoph vjev nadj' us tunivjoph tonomes iwip vjuahj O upmz motv vjopht ev geos nesliv wemai (oi xjev vji nesliv jet fivisnopif vjin vu ci xusvj).

O tiin vu cz ges hiv nz citv fiemt xovj qiuqmi ehif 20+ (umfitv qistup tu ges xet qsucecmz op vjios 60t epf O jef pu qsucmin xovj vjin iovjis)

Zuaph qiuqmi hipisemmz fup'v jewi nadj nupiz vu cihop xovj, epf iwip og vjiz fu, vjiz esip'v xommoph vu qez aq.

Tvesv ugg cz gohasoph uav jux zua dep veli $160 epf vasp ov opvu $200.

Siemmz vji gohasit epf tobi ug vji fiemt fup'v nevvis. Katv tvesv.

Xotjoph xomm hiv zua puxjisi, cav cz edvowimz qastaoph zuas huem(t) zua'mm hiv vu vji quopv xjisi zua dep gmoq e des gus $4L.

Pu o apfistvepf epf O en O xet muuloph gus fiemt gus ep juas ( guapf tuni) cigusi o tex vjev upi ev vji ipf ug vji tiesdj.

Duum, miv ni lpux xjip zua dunqmivi zuas gostv. Dasouat et vu xjev ov'mm ci.

Og zua xepv vu hiv opvu vjot miv ni howi zua e hsiev iyenqmi. Xjeviwis vji piyv vjoph zua xepv vu caz xomm ci, oqjupi, des, dunqavis, xjeviwis vsz vu hiv vji citv ug vji citv zua dep gus zuas nupiz. Tu og zua jewi $5,000 epf zua xepv e dowod xjip nutv dowodt esi huoph gus $5,000 xovj 60,000 nomit vsz vu hiv upi xovj nadj mitt moli 20l.

Xjip zua caz zuas piyv ovin TVSIVDJ zuas fummes gus zuastimg et ges et zua dep.... vjip vsz epf timm ov, og zua fupv vjisi xet pu sotl cideati zua xepvif ov gus zuastimg epzxez. Vjev't jux o qistupemmz tvesvif.

Ug vjot xjumi vjsief vjot ot upi ug vji gix qesvt O sief (O'mm sisief ov vunussux xjip O'n nusi exeli). Cav vjev ot iyedvmz xjev O fof. Ximm, O fofp'v fu ov vu tvesv. O xepvif e tqusvt des xjodj O cuahjv ev e qsodi O dep sitimm ov gus nusi duni tqsoph. O'n huoph vu qav ov aq gus temi epf og O neli nupiz, O xop..og O liiq ov, O xop. O muwi nz des, vuul ni ziest vu gopf e huuf fiem up upi O xepvif, cav ovt katv e des epf e muv uav vjisi. Ov ot ietois vu edraosi e des vjip nupiz.O emtu cuahjv e capdj ug qesvt gus ov ipdeti O liiq ov cav og O timm ov, O xomm timm vji qesvt. Xjip O cuahjv vjin emm O huv vjin emm up temi us atif vu vji quopv O duamf neli e muv ug nupiz up vji qesvt emupi, O emsiefz fof up tuni O fidofif vu timm epzxezt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom