I have a question to the Fastlaners.
Before that, let me give you some context. I am a 22 year old software developer. I wanted to become a software engineer since I was about 12-13 years old. Not for money, but I always wanted to provide value to people around me, especially to my family, and when I saw that software engineers earn much more than other jobs I decided to become one. Now, after becoming what I always wanted to become, I realise that this job will not let me achieve my dreams.
My parents' financial condition is not great, and I provide as much as I can.
I recently read The Fastlane. After reading the book, I am filled with motivation and passion to switch the roadmap, but the entity holding me back is "Uncertainty".
Uncertainty that me leaving my job will be a good decision.
Uncertainty that if I leave my job to create a business, will it work.
Uncertainty of me getting a job if I fail my business.
Uncertainty of me being able to provide for my family.
And I believe that this Uncertainty comes from not having a clear roadmap, a plan or an innovative idea. I am not sure what I would do after leaving my job. This is why even after reading fastlane, I am unable to gather enough courage to resign the job which I don't like. (I don't particularly 'hate' my job, but I don't like the fact that I don't get enough time to upskill and to even think about other things. I get home late and tired. I am young and I want to enjoy life.)
Now, my question to the Fastlaners is, how do you gather courage to begin, to leave things behind, to resign from job, to move to a different city...?
Or do you not think too much and just press the accelerator? Or do you follow some other advice/mantra?
Before that, let me give you some context. I am a 22 year old software developer. I wanted to become a software engineer since I was about 12-13 years old. Not for money, but I always wanted to provide value to people around me, especially to my family, and when I saw that software engineers earn much more than other jobs I decided to become one. Now, after becoming what I always wanted to become, I realise that this job will not let me achieve my dreams.
My parents' financial condition is not great, and I provide as much as I can.
I recently read The Fastlane. After reading the book, I am filled with motivation and passion to switch the roadmap, but the entity holding me back is "Uncertainty".
Uncertainty that me leaving my job will be a good decision.
Uncertainty that if I leave my job to create a business, will it work.
Uncertainty of me getting a job if I fail my business.
Uncertainty of me being able to provide for my family.
And I believe that this Uncertainty comes from not having a clear roadmap, a plan or an innovative idea. I am not sure what I would do after leaving my job. This is why even after reading fastlane, I am unable to gather enough courage to resign the job which I don't like. (I don't particularly 'hate' my job, but I don't like the fact that I don't get enough time to upskill and to even think about other things. I get home late and tired. I am young and I want to enjoy life.)
Now, my question to the Fastlaners is, how do you gather courage to begin, to leave things behind, to resign from job, to move to a different city...?
Or do you not think too much and just press the accelerator? Or do you follow some other advice/mantra?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
