What's new

A Tale Of Two Businesses: Are you breaking the commandment of CONTROL in your marketing?

Marketing, social media, advertising
A post of a ranting nature...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
I have this client that runs two businesses parallel to each other. They sell the exact same product, but the difference is that they serve different countries and I handle the marketing for one of the businesses.

When we first started working together, I had a look at how they got new customers. Both businesses had blogs that got organic traffic from Google. After a visitor read one of their blog posts, he or she was shown an ad for their product. This was their only strategy for getting new sales.

And note that these blogs were the kind of 'faceless' blogs that just got visitors because they'd managed to rank good in Google. Not the branded blogs that people search specifically for, just because everyone loves their content.

Immediately I thought: "That's quite risky. Putting all eggs in one basket. We can't have that."

So I went to the owners and told them. Building a business on one single marketing channel is dumb. What if something F*cks up? What will you do then? Apply for social security? And when it comes to SEO, it's not unheard of businesses closing down because Google decided to make a small change to their algorithm.

We started focusing more on Google & FB ads and social media. We began to build an email list. I also made a point to improve the user experience of the blog, making sure it actually provided value and not only was made for the Google bots.

Anyways, remember how I mentioned there were two businesses, but I only helped the owners market one of them?

The business I had no connection to remained the same during this time. Relied only on organic traffic to their crappy little blog with overly SEO-optimized content.

But then... August came around. And Google decided to roll out yet another update. Made a huge difference. Some websites saw their traffic plummet. Some sites, mostly the ones with good content and trustworthiness, saw a sudden increase in visitors.

Luckily, the website for the business I helped benefited immensely from the update. Now they break new traffic records weekly. But even if they had seen a DECREASE in organic traffic due to the update... it would've been no problem. Sales would come in any way.

But the other business... the one which relied solely on SEO... it got struck bad. 70% decrease in traffic. And their sales dropped by just as much. They've no idea what to do next. And the worst thing is that it all could've been avoided had they only diversified their efforts.

Are you at some point in your marketing relying on ONE single thing? What would happen if someone took that away? Would you still be in business?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O jewi upi qsonesz vjoph vjev giift nz catopitt, epf ov ot xusf ug nuavj (ximm, epf siqiev catopitt). Gusvapevimz, vjev't jesf vu veli exez apmitt xi tvesv fuoph e cef kuc. O jewi vu efnov vjuahj, O xotj O lpix nusi ecuav Opvispiv neslivoph djeppimt, opdmafoph efxusft, gedicuul eft, ivd. O'wi piwis huvvip huuf xovj vjin, us jef madl gopfoph huuf qiuqmi (muvt ug qiuqmi xju xomm neli coh qsunotit epf tqipf tiwisem vjuatepf fummest ug nz nupiz vjuahj). O'n ep edi xovj e temit mivvis epf e csudjasi ev mietv ;)

O jewi upi qsonesz vjoph vjev giift nz catopitt, epf ov ot xusf ug nuavj (ximm, epf siqiev catopitt).

Xjip zua siedj vji voqqoph quopv vu xjisi nutv ug zuas catopitt ot sigissem epf xusf ug nuavj... zua'si op e siemmz huuf qutovoup. Puv vu nipvoup jux nadj djieqis vji neslivoph ot wt. sappoph muvt ug eft!

Vszoph vu hiv vu vjev quopv nztimg. Cav gus pux... ov't e muv ug qeof efwisvotoph gus pix mieft.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom