The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Acquiring new passport, second citizenship

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Hello, I'm new to business and I'm still quite broke, so I'm probably not the most qualified to answer this.

But I am from a developing country also wanting to move to a tier 1 country, and for the past 2-3 years before stumbling upon MJ's books, I've read/listened to plenty of immigration stories to many different countries.

Whatever reason on why you want to move to a specific country, the fact that that country would be extremely difficult to move to, shouldn't make you "settle for less" in another country IMHO (because you only live once), unless that's not strictly your choice.

The most common method I've seen for young people without much money is that the person first does research whether the country offers a "post-graduation work permit", Canada being a perfect example. Most developed countries should offer this, so I'm very sure Australia also have this (since I had IRL friends which I heard were doing this). Basically, if you don't mind investing a few years into an affordable "work permit-approved" university in the country, you can study a needed degree there, graduate then find a job there while your work permit is being processed (possible in Canada, not sure about Australia). After landing a job, just work for 2-3 years and you should be eligible for permanent residency, if I am not mistaken.

If it turns out the country does not offer this kind of visa, you can still go ahead and study in an affordable university there, then focus on building strong social connections with other students that might be potential business partners, maybe take advantage of the internships as well and build connections there too. Right before you graduate, you want to look for job opportunities from those connections, and the employer is more likely to be happy to do the work permit paperwork for you (this part is somewhat of a gamble)

With only 40k to be spent, I think your subgoal is to earn a work permit at the moment. I hope this helps!
Thats also good plan. I have researched Australian unis offer post grad diploma or certificate. Their cost around A$20K-40K and the course duration is 6 month or 1 year. But it cannot satisfy their post grad work permit visa. Because their post grad visa is only eligible to people who studied full time for 2 years like MBA. MBA in australia is also expensive (compared to UK), it cost around A$60K to A$100K.

Currently, aussie govt allow all international students to work unlimited hours. But I believe this is just temporary due to COVID19. They might not allow in next few months or next year.

The thing is I need to work SLOWLANE job for few more years there and I cannot start business in Australia with their visas. :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Yeah but if you are in a tier 3 country that has a civil war, who cares if you can't get citizenship for a few years. You need to get out with your life right? Open multiple options for residency and work towards citizenship for the long run. For citizenship in Paraguay I did address that above, and there are people that can get it done for you fairly easily. Paraguay was ran by one political party for a long time, making friends in high places with a bit of cash is easy. Same applies for many other places.

Any of those options gives you place to live for a bit, make some cash and acquire better options (including more permanent options for citizenship).

Example: Go to Paraguay / Ecuador / Thailand ASAP, you can stay there and run your business from there. Use cash to acquire more residency permits / citizenship.

The other option I can think of would be to move to another tier 3 country but one with better business prospects (fast growing market).

I'm curious what you would suggest on a budget of $40K?
Thanks, I am considering to go Paraguay and start business there.

In thailand, you cant own company as foreigner because you need some locals as director or share owners.

I am thinking Argentina as well. It offers fastest route to citizenship after just 2 years. Considering to take spanish language course and get student visa for 1 year. Then extend it to another 1 more year to qualify requirement. Have you guys know/heard anything about Argentina Citizenship?

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
This is true but look into the freezones in Thailand which allow full foreign ownership.
I cant find that info online. Where did u get it? Were u talking about Dubai?

I was in Bangkok last month and asked few people who living there. They said I cannot own 100% company but can apply for their residency program SMART there.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Or just hop in a blow up boat and from France to Dover uk and you get a 4 star hotel and health care on arrival
I know its easier to get citizenship with Refugee. but problem is you cannot visit/go back ur home country where ur family there. I think depends on individual. some people is okay if they dun have family back home.

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Thai citizenship is possible, although super difficult. Need to speak fluent Thai, numbers are limited each year etc etc. So not worth considering for the purpose of this thread
Yes Indeed. What I heard from some of my friends in Thailand, they said expats need to sing their King's song when they are applying for citizenship. HAHA I know it funny.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello,

Let's discuss how to acquire new passports, citizenship. I am from third world country and looking to migrate somewhere else.

Which countries easiest to migrate and get citizenship by naturalization? Is there any posts related in Fastlane INSIDERS?
It depends on how desperate you are.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.