The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I going crazy, or? Insight wanted!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
This is totally out of hand now.

Been fun, but time to move on. Peace.

ps: that fake picture is just about as bad as those fake profiles on facebook with one or two poorly sized profile pictures of attractive females. And then all of those middle aged guys swooning over them.
I vomit in my mouth every time I see middle aged guys trying to pick up girls over facebook or instagram.

Anyways @RichKid ...

tumblr_inline_mn3mwpccKL1qz4rgp.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Davies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2014
I'm just happy people in this forum don't take 'law of attraction' or 'the secret' seriously.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
To add to the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. I read a psychological study recently on how 'positive thinking' and visualization works etc. Can't find it again though.

The reason these things work is because you see what you choose to focus on.

1) Multiple coincidences occur
2) 'There must be a pattern'
3) Starts looking for pattern
4) 'Patterns, patterns everywhere, yo.' (100 rep for the first person to get this reference.)

Same with positive thinking and gratitude. If you choose to focus on the good things and do it long enough, suddenly you start to notice more of those things. Suddenly 'THREE PEOPLE HELD THE DOOR OPEN FOR ME!' or 'THAT LADY AT THE COFFEE BAR GAVE ME AN EXTRA COOKIE EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T ORDER ONE!' Same way that people with Paranoia see threats everywhere. 'That guy's pocket is bulging...' 'That stranger is coiling his shoulder, he can hit me with a right straight from there...'

According to Mikhalo Cszikm... uh, the guy that wrote the book 'Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience.' The human brain is:

1) Only capable of processing 110 bits of information per second
2) Is usually, if not always, looking for familiar patterns to connect the dots with. Our brains do not like randomness/disconnectedness.

'Pattern teach monkey that fire + hand = ouch.'

The big mistake is to treat your ability to perceive reality as completely objective. It is not.

That said, IF THE BELIEF in the law of attraction spurs you to meaningful action in some way, then under no circumstances should you listen to the 'logicalists' because 'it's not real'.

F*ck 'real'. Only 'useful' matters. (Do you want to be right, or do you want to be rich?)

Sometimes pragmatism means going beyond your ego, and coming to terms with the fact that the piece of meat in your head likes its cognitive biases, and if they can be USED to actually BETTER your life, then by Satan, USE THEM!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.