The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ANNOUNCING - Beer and Pancake Videos!

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9GHa8Fx8Os[/ame]

Three sessions available now - with more being added weekly!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
You have your first customer! (or at least I think I'm first).

Looking forward to absorbing the knowledge. Thanks again for putting this together!!

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Being a "professional wedding DJ" I just wonder if you thought about ASCAP fees for using the music on a commercial. I haven't purchased the videos yet but would just like to warn if you guys used music in any of them and don't have the rights to that music the RIAA is dying to find deep pockets. Chances of them coming after you are slim but it just takes one artist to hear their work on an unauthorized video and it could spell trouble.

You can find out more here.....http://www.ascap.com/index.html

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I went ahead and purchased. Are forum posts locked over there, or I'm I just being retarded? Also, where does the money go? I'm not balking at the cost, I think It's a heck of a good price, just curious what the proceeds are intended for?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
rcardin-

We discussed this at the event: We will use only public domain royalty-free music for any/all items.

You need to PM andviv if this is not the case.

We did NOT use any music (or other copyrighted items) as part of our presentations.

-Russ H.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
We are setting up a non - profit dedicated to financial education. The first program we are launching is an apprentice and training program. We are providing a mentor, a training program, and the seed money for the apprentice to start a new business!

The application to apply for that program is on the website.

All the mentors and organizors are giving time to get this going.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I believe the money is being put forth to the next meeting and a potential mentorship program. I am not recipient of the money and I think Russ is stewarding the fund.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Oh, and I'll check into the forum thing. They should be open to post, and if that is not the case, I'll do my best to get it figured out ASAP. I'm swamped with a crazy life, but I'll see what I can do...

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Just wanted to make sure that was the case with the music. I would hate to see such a wonderful idea get shot down with an oversight on that. With the peer to peer sharing sites music has really lost it's hold on copyrights.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I think the forums are working now. If anyone has a problem trying to post, please let me know.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Thanks to all who have had a hand in putting this together.

I just finished watching Jill's eBay presentation - great stuff. I can't wait to get into the rest of it.

My feedback on what I have received so far for my $49 investment (spoken eBay feedback style):

"Fantastic Value; Great Presentation; High Quality; Would Buy From Again; A+++" :eusa_clap:

In other words...I highly recommend others signing up!!!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, thanks a lot for your input.
As you are aware, we are still tweaking a few details so please feel free to let us know if/what we need to improve.
Jill's video was great, I concur.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Being a "professional wedding DJ" I just wonder if you thought about ASCAP fees for using the music on a commercial. I haven't purchased the videos yet but would just like to warn if you guys used music in any of them and don't have the rights to that music the RIAA is dying to find deep pockets. Chances of them coming after you are slim but it just takes one artist to hear their work on an unauthorized video and it could spell trouble.

You can find out more here.....http://www.ascap.com/index.html

rcardin, thanks a lot for the warning and your concerns. It is great to know that people here want to make sure others don't get in trouble.

Just as an FYI, I am using a song from this website that subscribe to the Creative Commons License. They have great music, by the way.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
cactuswren, I don't know if you saw your video already, but it is great.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
yveskleinsky's video is up now.
Enjoy.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
yveskleinsky's video is up now.
Enjoy.

I don't follow you. Are the presentations sold individually or something?

Also, are the vids uncut, raw presentations, or have you guys removed some things from the footage?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
mtnman said:
. . . are the vids uncut, raw presentations, or have you guys removed some things from the footage?

I believe andviv removed the table dancing, conga lines and strip cashflow games.

Once we get all the sign-offs from the B&P participants, these other events will be released separately as a "Nerds Gone Wild!" video.

-Russ H.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I don't follow you. Are the presentations sold individually or something?

Also, are the vids uncut, raw presentations, or have you guys removed some things from the footage?

NO. ALL the videos are sold for just $49.
The Thing is, as ATW mentioned, they are released one by one as soon as I am done editing them.
They are almost raw. Only minor edits when requested by the presenters.
I believe andviv removed the table dancing, conga lines and strip cashflow games.

Once we get all the sign-offs from the B&P participants, these other events will be released separately as a "Nerds Gone Wild!" video.

-Russ H.
No way I am singing the release for the table dancing, nor for the strip cashflow games. The conga lines were OK, but doubt some other will sing that release. And I don't even want to imagine what would happen if the pics from the night at that bar are released!!!

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Sorry i forgot, everyone has to pay to see videos even if you went to the get together?

Yes, I paid. Its very much worth it. Besides those that attended had to pay a lot more to just get there. Plus each person had to give a presentation.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Legacy Dad - Overcoming Fear and Obstacles is up.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Talkin Toy - Anyone that ATTENDED can get access for free ... (I think. - I'm working on how to add you.) If you have signed up at the site, send me a message and I will add you to the course.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Awesome site everyone! I am going to make the purchase soon. Would be awesome to be able to learn from the best.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Talkin Toy - Anyone that ATTENDED can get access for free ... (I think. - I'm working on how to add you.) If you have signed up at the site, send me a message and I will add you to the course.

Sorry Talkin Toy...didn't know you attended. I was one of the many who are currently kicking themselves.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
OK great... Thanks much!

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Sorry Talkin Toy...didn't know you attended. I was one of the many who are currently kicking themselves.
Its kewl Bilge... Just look forward to next year. :smxB: I went the last minute and booked whatever. You can never replace the knowledge with money that you will learn in the get together like this. :smxF:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
After Legacy Dad's presentation we had an exchange of ideas and that was a great session. That video is up now.
Enjoy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.