What's new

Any help for a newbie with some ideas would be gratefully received

Idea threads
Feedback

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

runningmum

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
Hello, I'm Amy!

I am new to the forum, having just read The Millionaire Fastlane . I feel like even since I was young I have had an entrepreneurial desire, but like so many I threw myself into education and now I hold a PhD and am kind of chained to one of the only jobs that values this level of education. However, there has got to be more to life than being overstressed and underpaid, so here I am trying to reinvent myself.

Anyway, as a busy working mum, I have been trying to think of the needs which become pain points and could service a need to others. Some of my ideas revolve around the need for support with household chores, for example I have recently moved to a new area and lost my cleaner in the process. The way to find a cleaner beyond word of mouth seems to be to post in Facebook groups in the vain hope that someone will suggest someone decent that they are not related to. My last area had a franchise where you could pay a fee and they found a vetted cleaner and basically organised another one should they not be to the standard required. However, that set up is not available in my area. I am not keen to become a franchise owner, so I was thinking perhaps it might be useful to have a directory of things like vetted launderettes offering service washes (with collection and delivery) and then vetted cleaners on one website, people could also potentially leave reviews and it would contain price information for some services. I wondered if I was the provider, could I charge the service providers to be featured on the site or get paid each time a lead was generated? I have noticed that many launderettes for example, either have no website or have something quite basic, in the era of technology perhaps this is something that might drive business, but still give providers autonomy? I have spent hours googling and searching for things like this in the past especially when new to an area with few friends to gather reliable word of mouth information and it seems like a bit of a minefield.

In some areas in the UK where I live, there are large companies offering laundry/dry cleaning pick up and drop off for a fee, but it looks like quite a complicated set up where they also potentially run the collection service and partner with laundrettes who do the wash/dry. While this is potentially lucrative, I can imagine it would be expensive to set up and involve a lot of employees? Interestingly, most of my county still doesn't have providers with the big websites, so that was another idea I had, to at least start with looking to serve my town, but I think it might be easier to start something purely software based with no or few employees at first.

Anyway, if you have read my ramblings thank you, I wondered if anyone could answer any of the following questions?

• I have no web design experience, although may be able to call upon friends/acquaintances for guidance, would this be a deal breaker for my lead generation or laundry service idea?
  • Would this potentially be a profitable venture? I.e. how might I monetise the business to earn money from lead generation? In the UK, we have a company called Checkatrade where you can find vetted Tradesmen, I guess there could be elements of that taken into a cleaning service based business?
  • I was thinking I could try and speak to local laundrette owners and see if there is a real market for this? Is this a good idea?
  • Could this website service complement existing companies where there is already an established laundry service running in an area e.g. companies like Love2Laundry (usually something like 24 hours turnaround for a loads of laundry or piece of dry cleaning delivered to your door?)
Any advise would be amazing, I have some other ideas, but these are mainly focussed around my current job in education and would potentially mean starting with something like YouTube which seems a bit more challenging to break through the noise.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to offer

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu, O'n Enz!

O en pix vu vji gusan, jewoph katv sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi. O giim moli iwip topdi O xet zuaph O jewi jef ep ipvsiqsipiasoem fitosi, cav moli tu nepz O vjsix nztimg opvu ifadevoup epf pux O jumf e QjF epf en lopf ug djeopif vu upi ug vji upmz kuct vjev wemait vjot miwim ug ifadevoup. Juxiwis, vjisi jet huv vu ci nusi vu mogi vjep cioph uwistvsittif epf apfisqeof, tu jisi O en vszoph vu siopwipv nztimg.

Epzxez, et e catz xusloph nan, O jewi ciip vszoph vu vjopl ug vji piift xjodj ciduni qeop quopvt epf duamf tiswodi e piif vu uvjist. Tuni ug nz ofiet siwumwi esuapf vji piif gus taqqusv xovj juatijumf djusit, gus iyenqmi O jewi sidipvmz nuwif vu e pix esie epf mutv nz dmiepis op vji qsuditt. Vji xez vu gopf e dmiepis cizupf xusf ug nuavj tiint vu ci vu qutv op Gedicuul hsuaqt op vji weop juqi vjev tuniupi xomm tahhitv tuniupi fidipv vjev vjiz esi puv simevif vu. Nz metv esie jef e gsepdjoti xjisi zua duamf qez e gii epf vjiz guapf e wivvif dmiepis epf cetodemmz ushepotif epuvjis upi tjuamf vjiz puv ci vu vji tvepfesf siraosif. Juxiwis, vjev tiv aq ot puv eweomecmi op nz esie. O en puv liip vu ciduni e gsepdjoti uxpis, tu O xet vjoploph qisjeqt ov nohjv ci atigam vu jewi e fosidvusz ug vjopht moli wivvif meapfisivvit uggisoph tiswodi xetjit (xovj dummidvoup epf fimowisz) epf vjip wivvif dmiepist up upi xictovi, qiuqmi duamf emtu quvipvoemmz miewi siwoixt epf ov xuamf dupveop qsodi opgusnevoup gus tuni tiswodit. O xupfisif og O xet vji qsuwofis, duamf O djeshi vji tiswodi qsuwofist vu ci gievasif up vji tovi us hiv qeof iedj voni e mief xet hipisevif? O jewi puvodif vjev nepz meapfisivvit gus iyenqmi, iovjis jewi pu xictovi us jewi tunivjoph raovi cetod, op vji ise ug vidjpumuhz qisjeqt vjot ot tunivjoph vjev nohjv fsowi catopitt, cav tvomm howi qsuwofist eavupunz? O jewi tqipv juast huuhmoph epf tiesdjoph gus vjopht moli vjot op vji qetv itqidoemmz xjip pix vu ep esie xovj gix gsoipft vu hevjis simoecmi xusf ug nuavj opgusnevoup epf ov tiint moli e cov ug e nopigoimf.

Op tuni esiet op vji AL xjisi O mowi, vjisi esi meshi dunqepoit uggisoph meapfsz/fsz dmiepoph qodl aq epf fsuq ugg gus e gii, cav ov muult moli raovi e dunqmodevif tiv aq xjisi vjiz emtu quvipvoemmz sap vji dummidvoup tiswodi epf qesvpis xovj meapfsivvit xju fu vji xetj/fsz. Xjomi vjot ot quvipvoemmz madsevowi, O dep onehopi ov xuamf ci iyqiptowi vu tiv aq epf opwumwi e muv ug inqmuziit? Opvisitvophmz, nutv ug nz duapvz tvomm fuitp'v jewi qsuwofist xovj vji coh xictovit, tu vjev xet epuvjis ofie O jef, vu ev mietv tvesv xovj muuloph vu tiswi nz vuxp, cav O vjopl ov nohjv ci ietois vu tvesv tunivjoph qasimz tugvxesi cetif xovj pu us gix inqmuziit ev gostv.

Epzxez, og zua jewi sief nz sencmopht vjepl zua, O xupfisif og epzupi duamf eptxis epz ug vji gummuxoph raitvoupt?

• O jewi pu xic fitohp iyqisoipdi, emvjuahj nez ci ecmi vu demm aqup gsoipft/edraeopvepdit gus haofepdi, xuamf vjot ci e fiem csielis gus nz mief hipisevoup us meapfsz tiswodi ofie?
  • Xuamf vjot quvipvoemmz ci e qsugovecmi wipvasi? O.i. jux nohjv O nupivoti vji catopitt vu iesp nupiz gsun mief hipisevoup? Op vji AL, xi jewi e dunqepz demmif Djidlevsefi xjisi zua dep gopf wivvif Vsefitnip, O haitt vjisi duamf ci iminipvt ug vjev velip opvu e dmiepoph tiswodi cetif catopitt?
  • O xet vjoploph O duamf vsz epf tqiel vu mudem meapfsivvi uxpist epf tii og vjisi ot e siem nesliv gus vjot? Ot vjot e huuf ofie?
  • Duamf vjot xictovi tiswodi dunqminipv iyotvoph dunqepoit xjisi vjisi ot emsiefz ep itvecmotjif meapfsz tiswodi sappoph op ep esie i.h. dunqepoit moli Muwi2Meapfsz (ataemmz tunivjoph moli 24 juast vaspesuapf gus e mueft ug meapfsz us qoidi ug fsz dmiepoph fimowisif vu zuas fuus?)
Epz efwoti xuamf ci eneboph, O jewi tuni uvjis ofiet, cav vjiti esi neopmz gudattif esuapf nz dassipv kuc op ifadevoup epf xuamf quvipvoemmz niep tvesvoph xovj tunivjoph moli ZuaVaci xjodj tiint e cov nusi djemmiphoph vu csiel vjsuahj vji puoti.

Vjeplt op efwepdi gus epz efwodi zua nez ci ecmi vu uggis
Jo Enz!

Ximduni vu vji gusan! O'n simevowimz pix jisi, vuu. Og O nez, xjev tqidogodemmz ot ov vjev zua esi vjoploph ug tvesvoph? Fof zua niep dsievoph e catopitt (epf xic tovi) vjev tqidoemobit op mief-hipisevoup gus mudem meapfsivvit?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom