The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone doing Chromebook Apps?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I recently got a Chromebook, and it is a pretty nice machine for what it does - which seems to be run HTML5 apps. I have yet to find a good source of info on indie Chromebook development, are there any popular ones? Like a forum or website. I've been googling "Chromebook Marketplace", "Chrome Apps", etc, and have not found anything. It would seem people would be writing "desktop" web-apps for these little machines. I am brand-new to this market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted21704

I recently got a Chromebook, and it is a pretty nice machine for what it does - which seems to be run HTML5 apps. I have yet to find a good source of info on indie Chromebook development, are there any popular ones? Like a forum or website. I've been googling "Chromebook Marketplace", "Chrome Apps", etc, and have not found anything. It would seem people would be writing "desktop" web-apps for these little machines. I am brand-new to this market.

Be careful...they're being discontinued soon for machines that aren't Chromebooks.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/25089/20160822/google-discontinue-chrome-apps-2018.htm

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I will have to keep digging. My interest is in making a cpu-intensive app that runs on a Chromebook, HTML5/JS/WebGL would not be enough. Maybe it is not possible.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I honestly didn't even know they still made chromebooks...

I was a skeptic until I tried one. PERFECT laptop for when you are away from home. I dont like doing major work on a laptop, so I will always have a desktop at home. But chromebooks are perfect for what they are at a cheap price.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.