The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone Familiar with CrateJoy?

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
I'm looking in to turning one of my product lines into a subscription box and haven't dug up an answer yet so I'm checking here too.

Does anyone know if there's a "do not duplicate" type setting for items included in each shipment?

Let's say I'm selling strings. Instead of sending everyone a green string in March, some subscribers get green, some get blue, some get pink. I'd need something in the backend to help me ensure I don't send a green string to someone in a future month, since they already received that one.

I'd love opinions on whether this will eventually turn into a logistics nightmare too :)
Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Why cause trouble for yourself in terms of complications?

Is there truly any benefit of sending people different color strings?

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
Pennsylvania, United States
It's not too difficult to do. What you're trying to do could really easily be done with a few SQL queries in a database. You'd most likely need a programmer, but what you'd be doing is creating a list of your products and you'd assign them a number. Then what you'd do is create another list of your customers. Then, using a random number generator you'd automatically assign each customer a random number that is tied to one of your products. Then that number would be compared to previous shipments, if they already received that product, then the random number generator would generate a new product number.

You could honestly find someone on Fiverr that could program this if you have all of the data. I'm currently doing something with a similar algorithm, but for appointment reminders for an app.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
It's not too difficult to do. What you're trying to do could really easily be done with a few SQL queries in a database. You'd most likely need a programmer, but what you'd be doing is creating a list of your products and you'd assign them a number. Then what you'd do is create another list of your customers. Then, using a random number generator you'd automatically assign each customer a random number that is tied to one of your products. Then that number would be compared to previous shipments, if they already received that product, then the random number generator would generate a new product number.

You could honestly find someone on Fiverr that could program this if you have all of the data. I'm currently doing something with a similar algorithm, but for appointment reminders for an app.

Thank you. I know that it's simple, but I'm looking for a non-proprietary solution this time.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Thank you. I know that it's simple, but I'm looking for a non-proprietary solution this time.

I'm confused by this. You'd setup the arrangement on Fiverr so that you would have full rights to the software. There's nothing proprietary about this at all.

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
I'm confused by this. You'd setup the arrangement on Fiverr so that you would have full rights to the software. There's nothing proprietary about this at all.

I've coded my own custom scripts, bits and pieces for years. To me, custom=proprietary. I am looking to launch this brand with out of the box solutions if possible, so that it'll be an easier exit down the road.

Hope that helps :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.