The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone using email to manage projects?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Are there any project management / communication tools that allow clients to use email rather than have to log into a platform?

I love Basecamp for managing projects (and as forum software for informal masterminds), but clients never log in and seem to prefer using email. I may just use Basecamp internally going forward.

My research so far:

1) An agency owner pointed me towards this:

2) I found a few others last night:

3) I suppose these might be in the running too?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
Asana

It's a project management platform, you'll have to make an account to set all your boards up - but your clients can collaborate with you by simply responding to emails (which Asana will then automatically add as comments to your task/board).

You can also hook it up with other software through plugins and custom widgets, for a more rounded "all-in-one" solution.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
Are there any project management / communication tools that allow clients to use email rather than have to log into a platform?

I love Basecamp for managing projects (and as forum software for informal masterminds), but clients never log in and seem to prefer using email. I may just use Basecamp internally going forward.

My research so far:

I'll second Asan. I've run global projects with it when I had my consultancy. It's great for organising and assigning task to people. They can reply by email and you can send email reminders. You can do a surprising amount with the free version and it's worth checking out.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've been thinking about this a bit more.

Basecamp is project management software, but I'm finding our work with clients is much more cookie-cutter now and less consulting. That's been intentional.

If email, Whatsapp, LinkedIn, and FB messenger conversations end up in some single interface then that might be what I start using for client (and prospect) communications going forward.

Basecamp would then be for our internal work, or we maybe even stop using it.

I've used Asana a few times and haven't liked it. The mobile experience is frustrating and I do a lot of my communication with prospects, clients, and my team via my phone while out and about.

seato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 2, 2023
There's also Brevo (formerly SendInBlue) for communications with a single inbox, though it lacks project management.

Very interested in what you come up with @Andy Black

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022

My research so far:

monday.com | A new way of working But it has a learning curve.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jun 12, 2019
I used Sendboard with Trello. Might have what you're looking for.
I manage all of my clients through there, fully through emails, but my end is all managed inside Trello.
I have automation that let sorts the email chains into lists:
- answered
- needs reply
- task in progress
- closed
Etc.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
I use Monday.com at my day job (we moved from Wrike), it has some cool automation features (for example, everyone receives an email when a project isn't updated since x days, moves items from groups when change status, etc.) . We could write updates through email and anyone subscribed to the board will receive an email notification every time the boards are updated. Let me know if you want more info or have any questions.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
I've tried to love Monday, but too many things about it irritate me.

Probably moving everything over to Clickup in the next month.

I've used front for years, and cannot picture it being used in the way you are describing in the OP.

It's easy for cross functional teams to collab on emails by having in-thread side convos. We haven't forwarded an email or dropped a ticket in years. But project management it ain't.

seato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 2, 2023
It's looking like Plutio is the solution. All-in-one business manager. Reply to emails from within and has project management.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm currently using Asana, but I heard good feedback about Clickup and I'm going to give it a try.
Thanks.

I should say, that successful project management can involve various tools and methods, and utilizing email to manage projects can really be effective. However, it's important to complement email with dedicated project management software that offers features like task tracking, collaboration, and file sharing. So, it is important to take it into account when choosing such a tool.
Just in case you used AI to generate this, make sure you read the forum rules

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.