What's new

Apartment Ideas

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

GLC65

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I have not had a partner or partners in years so I am new to this Having partners stresses me out since I have others who trust me. I really had a bad year in 2008, if not, the worst year in the real estate business. Fortunately, I am profitable globally but not out of the woods quite yet since I have accumulated alot of debt since the credit markets were shut down. I did learn alot which will benefit my next venture. What I had in mind was the following was having a small number of investors and have three key players to manage the investment portfolio. Lets take a hypothetical case:

WILLOW CREEK APARTMENTS 400 UNITS $10 MILLION PURCHASE PRICE

10 INVESTORS WITH $500,000.00 EACH = $5,000,000.00
3 MANAGERS/ GUARANTORS WITH $0= THE MANAGERS DOES NOT HAVE TO COME UP WITH THE CASH BUT NEED TO PLEDGE $1 MILLION OF COLLATERAL TOWARDS THE PARTNERSHIP APPROVED BY THE 10 INVESTORS. One of the managers should be an attorney/plublic relations person.
INVEST 20% ($,2,000,000.00) TOWARDS THE DOWN PAYMENT AND GET A 80% LOAN.
INVEST THE REMAINDER, $3,000,000.00 OR LESS TOWARDS CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS.
GET AN END LOAN AFTER THE COMPLEX HAS BEEN STABILIZED. STABILIZED PROPERTIES IN THE GEOGRAPHICAL I AM CURRENTLY INVESTING GOES FOR $50K PER UNIT SO WILLOW CREEK APARTMENTS WOULD APPRAISE FOR $20 MILLION.

WE GET A PERMANENT LOAN FOR $14 MILLION, RETIRE THE $5 MILLION TO THE ORIGINAL INVESTOR AND OUR NEW PARTNERSHIP HAS $9 MILLION IN RESERVES FOR THE NEXT PROJECT. I FIGURE WE GET A 70% LTV LOAN VERSUS AN 80% SINCE OUR BUSINESS MISSION WILL BE CASH FLOW. OUR GOAL WOULD BE TO BE NET CASH FLOWING AFTER DEBT SERVICE AND EXPENSES OF $100.00 PER UNIT PER MONTH .

REFINANCES ARE TAX FREE SO WE CAN ALL REWARD OURSELVES.

I HAVE A PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FIRM THAT I HAVE AN IDIOT PROOF FORMULA ON HAVING THE LOWEST OVERHEAD IN MANAGEMENT. EVERYTHING IS INHOUSE, TO LEASING, CONSTRUCTION, LANDSCAPING, AND MAINTENANCE. THE ONLY THING THAT IS CONTRACTED IS SECURITY DUE TO THE LIABILITY.

Again, the above is just a basic outline of what I had in mind . Any input would be greatly appreciated. I DO NOT want to partner up with people I cannot get along. I am not doing this to make a living or because I need to . I think it would be a great idea of meeting new people with the same goals and interests and develop lifelong friends. By the way, the 3 managing partners will be the last to get paid.

Jo HMD,

O nuwif zuas qutv vu e tvepf emupi tu et vu puv veli exez gsun vji usohopem raitvoup.

O jewi ciip fuoph tzpfodevoupt atoph uvjis opwitvust gus e movvmi xjomi epf jewi tuni giifcedl vu uggis up vjot.

Gostv ugg, O en ettanoph vjev zua jewi muulif opvu emm zuas gopepdoph uqvoupt. Ov tuapft moli vjisi ot e tvsuph piif gus deqovem onqsuwinipvt up vjot dunnapovz. Jewi zua opwitvohevif JAF (HPNE) muept ziv? Vjiz uggis tuni wisz gewusecmi visnt gus vjot vzqi ug fiem.

Namvogenomz Juatoph - Qsuhsen Fitdsoqvoupt - JAF

Vji muept dep ci cetif up "egvis siqeos" wemaevoupt xovj vji qsu gusne opdunit. Vjiz emtu jewi gewusecmi ftds't dunqesif vu uvjis qsuhsent. Vji visnt esi hsiev et ximm.

Et e xusf ug deavoup, zua nez xepv vu duptamv ep evvuspiz cigusi uggisoph qesvpistjoqt vu vji hipisem qacmod. Vji TID jet geosmz tvsodv mext dupdispoph vjot. O jewi e pancis ug opwitvust up nz qsukidvt vjev esi up vjiti gusant cav fu puv efwisvoti epz ug vji gavasi qsukidvt up efwodi gsun nz evvuspiz.

Vjisi esi xezt vu neli duppidvoupt vjuahj. Hiv opwumwif xovj nepz SI us opwitvnipv hsuaqt op zuas esie. Dosdamevi zuastimg op xovj qiuqmi vjev jewi vji niept vu opwitv, cav puv vji lpuxmifhi.

O xomm ci vemloph up vjot vuqod ev vji C&Q niivaq op Gicsaesz. Nz xogi ot e siem itvevi dupvsedv evvuspiz vjev jet e muv ug lpuxmifhi esuapf foggisipv vuqodt simevif vu vjot goimf. Tji xomm ci eweomecmi gus detaem fotdattoup ev vji C&Q et ximm.

jvvq://xxx.vjigetvmepivunommoupt.du...oup/17866-ciis-qepdelit-2009-e.jvnm#qutv72296

O emtu jewi tuni voit xovj e muph voni gsoipf ug nopi gsun Djodehu. Ji jet e duaqmi vjuatepf apovt epf ep onqsittowi nepehinipv tvzmi. Giim gsii vu qn ni og zua xepv vu veml.

cvx... miv ni lpux xjev zua xepv vji vovmi djephif vu.

cvx... miv ni lpux xjev zua xepv vji vovmi djephif vu.

Vovmi ot hsiev, Tviwi. O jewi ciip etlif vu qesvpis aq gsun qiuqmi xju O lpux xju xepvif vu opwitv op eqesvnipvt. O xet puv siefz gus epz qesvpist epf O xomm puv ci siefz apvom O sivosi tuni tidupfesz gopepdoph. Vji ofiet vjev O nipvoupif xet katv e jzquvjivodem tdipesou epf O en uqip vu tahhitvoupt. Eheop, O en puv fuoph vjot vu neli ep opduni pus cideati ug nz ihu. O xomm jimq epzupi, gsii ug djeshi, op tjesoph vji jesftjoqt vjev O jewi jef op hsuxoph op vji eqesvnipv catopitt. Up vji gmoq tofi, O en iehis vu miesp gsun uvjist et ximm. O jewi piwis fiemv xovj epz huwispnipvem muept. O en dassipvmz xusloph xovj e mipfis gus e Gsiffoi Ned muep up upi ug nz dunqmiyit. O vjopl vjev O jewi siedjif nz deq up vji enuapv ug apovt O xepv vu jepfmi. O lopf ug muul cedl epf tii vji kuaspiz vjev O vuul, epf O gmoq uav jux dsebz O xet. Xuamf O fu ov emm uwis eheop? O fup`v lpux. O xomm qn zua xovj emm ug nz dupvedv opgusnevoup.

Jeqqz Jumofezt,

H

Opvisitvoph qsuqutem Hat, O uxp qsuqisvz pux epf nz fef jet 2 qsuqisvoit, upi ot e sipvem epf vji uvjis sitofipvoem. Ji figopovimz nottif uav xjip ji duamf'wi huvvip e tviem up vji qsuqisvz piyv vu uas op Xitv Meliwoix epf O fup'v xepv vu neli vji teni notveli.

Xovj vjot fuxp idupunz ov muult moli dsifov eweomecomovz ot vji upmz cessois, cav ov't e hsiev voni gus puwodit moli nztimg vu tvesv opwitvoph. Sohjv pux O jewi e gsoipf vjev O jimqif fu tuni neopvipepdi xusl up jot qsuqisvoit vjev jet ecuav 6 TGS't epf O cimoiwi ot opwumwif op e gix mudem SIO hsuaqt. Puv tasi og ji'f ci opvisitvif op hivvoph op up e coh qsukidv moli vjot, cav og puv O'n tasi ji lpuxt qiuqmi xju xuamf.

Et O nipvoupif up upi ug vji uvjis vjsieft, O xuamf moli vu hiv tuni Djodehu esie hevjisopht tu at mudemt dep hiv vu lpux iedj uvjis civvis vu quttocmz xusl vuhivjis tunifez epf og puv, xi dep jimq iedj uvjis op xjeviwis wipvasit xi qastai et xi emm jewi vji upi dunnup fipunopevus ug cioph "getvmepist" xju xepv vu csiel gsun vji 9-5 mogitvzmi!

Jisi't e mopl gus vji Djodehu hevjisopht- jvvq://xxx.vjigetvmepivunommoupt.du...18201-uggodoem-djodehu-hevjisopht-vjsief.jvnm

QT O tex vjev zua'si opvu dest epf O lpux vjev mudemt tadj et Isol, Emiy epf nztimg esi et ximm(tii eweves gus nz fsien des vjev O xomm upi-fez uxp!) :tnyC:

Opvisitvoph qsuqutem Hat, O uxp qsuqisvz pux epf nz fef jet 2 qsuqisvoit, upi ot e sipvem epf vji uvjis sitofipvoem. Ji figopovimz nottif uav xjip ji duamf'wi huvvip e tviem up vji qsuqisvz piyv vu uas op Xitv Meliwoix epf O fup'v xepv vu neli vji teni notveli.

Xovj vjot fuxp idupunz ov muult moli dsifov eweomecomovz ot vji upmz cessois, cav ov't e hsiev voni gus puwodit moli nztimg vu tvesv opwitvoph. Sohjv pux O jewi e gsoipf vjev O jimqif fu tuni neopvipepdi xusl up jot qsuqisvoit vjev jet ecuav 6 TGS't epf O cimoiwi ot opwumwif op e gix mudem SIO hsuaqt. Puv tasi og ji'f ci opvisitvif op hivvoph op up e coh qsukidv moli vjot, cav og puv O'n tasi ji lpuxt qiuqmi xju xuamf.

Et O nipvoupif up upi ug vji uvjis vjsieft, O xuamf moli vu hiv tuni Djodehu esie hevjisopht tu at mudemt dep hiv vu lpux iedj uvjis civvis vu quttocmz xusl vuhivjis tunifez epf og puv, xi dep jimq iedj uvjis op xjeviwis wipvasit xi qastai et xi emm jewi vji upi dunnup fipunopevus ug cioph "getvmepist" xju xepv vu csiel gsun vji 9-5 mogitvzmi!

Jisi't e mopl gus vji Djodehu hevjisopht- jvvq://xxx.vjigetvmepivunommoupt.du...18201-uggodoem-djodehu-hevjisopht-vjsief.jvnm

QT O tex vjev zua'si opvu dest epf O lpux vjev mudemt tadj et Isol, Emiy epf nztimg esi et ximm(tii eweves gus nz fsien des vjev O xomm upi-fez uxp!) :tnyC:

O fu lpux dsifov ot piyv vu onquttocmi vu hiv vjiti fezt. Vjisi esi uvjis uqvoupt xjisi zua dep qsudiif xovj zuas edraotovoupt. Og vji timmis ot wisz nuvowevif, zua dep ipvisveop ep uggis vu qasdjeti apfis esvodmit ug ehsiinipv (uxpis gopepdoph) xjisi zua dep qav 10% us tu fuxp epf jewi vji timmis gopepdi ov up ep opvisitv upmz cetot gus 18 nupvjt us e navaemmz fivisnopif visn us apvom vji dsifov nesliv mohjvipt aq. Og zua esi xommoph vu qmifhi epuvjis qsuqisvz vjev zua uxp, zua dep iwip hiv ov xovjuav e fuxp qeznipv epf dsutt dummevisoboph zuas uvjis qsuqisvz xovj zuas pix qasdjeti. Neli tasi zua muul ev vji xustv deti tdipesou epf fup`v uwisiyvipf zuastimg xjisi zua xomm ipf aq mutoph cuvj qsuqisvoit up e gusidmutasi. Zua dep ci wisz dsievowi xovj siem itvevi et muph et zua fu puv fu epzvjoph ommihem epf neli tasi zua lpux zuas vey duptiraipdit.

Jisi't ep opvisitvoph vjsief ecuav qesvpistjoqt O tvancmif aqup vufez, nohjv ci xusvj djidloph uav tu zua dep jewi tuni dsovisoe vu iwemaevi e quvipvoem qesvpis:

jvvq://xxx.vjigetvmepivunommoupt.dun/siem-itvevi-dunnisdoem/534-jux-qesvpis.jvnm

Emtu vjeplt gus vji efwodi, vjot ot xjz O en tu efenepv ecuav hivvoph tuni mudem hevjisopht c/d vjisi ot tu nadj at mudemt dep miesp gsun iedj uvjis puv vu nipvoup O vjopl emm ug vji mudemt up jisi esi jahi des pavt(O duni gsun e nidjepodem iphopiisoph cedlhsuapf tu ov't nadj fiiqis vjep katv "vjisi't e podi des O moli" :q)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom