The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bad experience with LinkedIn

tonyp21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 16, 2014
South Africa
I have just found out that my posts and comments on LinkedIn (which I do frequently) are being dumped into the "Pending" box for all Groups. It appears that someone took a dislike to a comment I made and the article author marked it as spam!

Bang! Suddenly all my posts are subject to moderation. Apparently the only way to fix it is to ask all Group managers to check your status with the group and change your settings for approval

Painful to say the least. Anyone else experienced this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
No but I would say that LinkedIn is a forum that in general should be devoid of controversy. I have only business associates on LinkedIn, only friends on Facebook, and my two list do not cross pollinate.

I have one of the sharpest tongues in the game… But my LinkedIn profile is protected from it. I only have connections on LinkedIn that I know personally, and it is not the place to voice political opinions, religious opinions, or any other things that someone might take offense at.

Not sure what you posted, but I would rethink your strategy.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Painful to say the least. Anyone else experienced this?

I have had great experiences with Linkedin. But the key is to take the right approach. You can't be spammy on Linkedin. I have noticed that posts which are intended to help people usually do the best. I'm currently building the content area of my site without having to do any writing. I went to a huge group and said, "I'm looking for people to write content to my site. In return I'll cross promote you, feature you on my site, etc..". The articles started coming in and I made some pretty good connections.

Also, for groups comments in pending - The group owner can select to moderate all comments. I think that some group owners can even opt to moderate the first comment of a new member. So that could be the reason why your posts are showing up as pending.

You could also ask the moderators to direct message all members for you. I tried that with a few groups, but it can be pretty expensive.

tonyp21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 16, 2014
South Africa
Hi folks,
Thanks for the feedback. My actual comment on the post was "I got an ERROR 404 message when I installed this plugin and have had to delete it to get my site back on line. Perhaps a compatibility problem with the theme." What I have just discovered is that the author of the article is the developer of the plugin - sad that you cannot make fair comment on a product.

It i also interesting to note that 9 of 15 Group managers that I contacted to clear my status have admitted to having experienced the same problem. In some cases more than once. They even got locked out from posting on the Groups they had created! From looking through the LinkedIn Support Forum it appears this is not an uncommon occurence

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.