The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming a proficient full stack developer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bryan_t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 26, 2021
I am starting this thread to document my journey in gaining skills that would enable me achieve financial freedom.

I have been a member of this forum for while, since around 2021, when I first read the Millionaire Fastlane . I am in college right now, studying civil engineering, but I've always been interested in tech and particularly web development ( I know, cliche). I wanted to be able to master this skill as a self-taught, and take one of the following routes: employment (remote preferably) , freelance, or start my own saas.

I want to be able to support my family after i am done with college; securing a job in my field is a hustle if you don't happen to have the right contacts. So this is a way of ensuring i have a fall back plan in case things don't work out. Plus I'll be able to work on something that i actually enjoy.

Once I master this skill, I may branch out into other fields, probably mobile development, or cyber security.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bryan_t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 26, 2021
This week was a a bit slow in terms of progress. I couldn't complete most of my target projects coz the wifi had issues but has finally been fixed.
On the brighter side, I wrote an article about UI design principles for developers. Will add a link later on.

This week i would like to finish the two projects from last week , one of which helps me learn how to integrate mongodb with nextjs using an ORM such as Prisma.
I am also looking forward to learning some python for data science for a side project.

That's all, see you next week.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
This week i would like to finish the two projects from last week , one of which helps me learn how to integrate mongodb with nextjs using an ORM such as Prisma.
I am also looking forward to learning some python for data science for a side project.

That's all, see you next week.
Nice, I've been using python to automate some marketing efforts at my job, with interesting results.

And also triying to set up React client with Mongodb - express.js and firebase for login to launch my first full stack app product.

If you've been there do you think I should go a step further and also try to learn nextjs and Prisma to make life easier ?

Bryan_t

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jan 26, 2021
Nice, I've been using python to automate some marketing efforts at my job, with interesting results.

And also triying to set up React client with Mongodb - express.js and firebase for login to launch my first full stack app product.

If you've been there do you think I should go a step further and also try to learn nextjs and Prisma to make life easier ?
Hi there, yes I would advise you to learn nextjs, it really streamlines the process of building web apps; and since you already know a decent amount of react, nextjs is gonna be easy for you to comprehend. About Prisma, I've heard a lot of complaints about migration issues with it. But if that's not gonna be a problem for your app, go for it. You could also look into another ORM such as Drizzle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.