The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best domain registrar

Quentin Taborn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 18, 2016
good morning members! I have a quick question. What is the best domain name registrar to use? I am in the process of starting my own business, and I need a website. I would also like information on copyrighting my business name. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Belcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 24, 2016
Australia
I've done mine through godaddy.com and had no issues.. I did have a question and their support team was very helpful.

They currenlty have sale where you only pay .99c for a domain name.. Here's the link

As for business registration, I'd focus on getting sales before even bothering with that.

I've done the opposite and it was a waste of money and time when I decided to move onto another project.. Just my two cents

Quentin Taborn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 18, 2016
I've done mine through godaddy.com and had no issues.. I did have a question and their support team was very helpful.

As for business registration, I'd focus on getting sales before even bothering with that. I've done the opposite and it was a waste of money and time when I decided to move onto another project.. Just my two cents
I tried godaddy and they are a bit pricey for the name of my company, also I was asking about copyrighting so my idea would not be stolen, I offer a service, and not a specific product by the way. So there really aren't sales that can be generated without a working site. Thanks for your input!

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Namecheap easily.

Far better user interface than GoDaddy and free WHOIS protection.

Buy a domain at GoDaddy for 99c, and you've still got to pay $9.99 for WHOIS protection.

If you get to the point where you have more than 50 domain names, Namecheap also offers you discount on registration.

Outside of Namecheap, DynaDot is also very good but a little more expensive. I think they're the only company (AFAIK), where you can delete a name you accidentally registered (for whatever reason, maybe a typo, or you changed your mind) and get some of your money back.

GoDaddy? No way! Just because they advertise like bandits, doesn't make them any good.

Belcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 24, 2016
Australia
Namecheap easily.

Far better user interface than GoDaddy and free WHOIS protection.

Buy a domain at GoDaddy for 99c, and you've still got to pay $9.99 for WHOIS protection.

If you get to the point where you have more than 50 domain names, Namecheap also offers you discount on registration.

Outside of Namecheap, DynaDot is also very good but a little more expensive. I think they're the only company (AFAIK), where you can delete a name you accidentally registered (for whatever reason, maybe a typo, or you changed your mind) and get some of your money back.

GoDaddy? No way! Just because they advertise like bandits, doesn't make them any good.

I'll take that info on board also. Cheers! :)

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I use NameSilo because their interface is easy to use, free WHOIS protection, ICANN fees are already included, free DNS templates, and more.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am using Google domains now. Way more expensive than everything else but no need to use Webmaster tools with a Google register domain. Also I secretly believe that Google gives priority to site Google is the registrar for… But I have no evidence to back that up. Google also throws in privacy for free.

Jackflower93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 7, 2016
Belcher said:

They currenlty have sale where you only pay .99c for a domain name.. Here's the link

As for business registration, I'd focus on getting sales before even bothering with that.

I've done the opposite and it was a waste of money and time when I decided to move onto another project.. Just my two cents

+1 for Go-daddy for beginners I liked there integration with WordPress. They do advertise heavily and i haven't tried many others... so take this advice with a pinch or two of salt. Personally haven't had any problems yet...

Defiantly go for a .com domain although it may cost you more it is higher regarded in terms of trustworthy websites. Feel free to Pm me if you want further assistance.. :hurray:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
+1 on Namecheap. I like the free WHOIS protection. I've also heard rumors that GoDaddy likes to jack up the renewal rates at your 1 year mark if you have high traffic. Unconfirmed rumor of course. I used Namecheap.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Namecheap

Register/tradmark your company name with USTPO.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
Please don't use godaddy. Not really sure why they are always suggested.

Currently I buy all of my domains on namecheap. Fair prices, great support, they take bitcoin.

I used to be all for name.com until they randomly suspended one of my domains for verification which cost me a few thousand dollars because my ads were going to a blank page.

BigSean

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 17, 2016
Check out Porkbun.com
I believe they have a ton of TLD's and they also offer free whois privacy. Good renewal rates. A downside is maybe slow support. Messaged them and it took about a day to receive a response.

Or check Google domains. $12 for a year and free whois privacy.

tflfguy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 26, 2016
United States
+1 for NameCheap...
If your business model involves purchasing many domains = use Honey
(a browser addon, which will search the web to find the best discount coupon codes) - can save you some money.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
We use name.com. Never had any problems, control panel is of quick access with no distraction and compared to namecheap.com it feels more comfortable for me personally, as well as it's quicker to type name.com then namecheap.com.
Didn't like other registrars at all.

+1 against GoDaddy.

Jackflower93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 7, 2016
Didn't even know about Whois :eek: Just paid 4 pound to cover myself... not a massive amount but still, not as good as beeing free! You learn something every day! How long have Google beeing hosting for?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.