The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I said bitcoin is old news about a month or two ago and that it's time to buy ethereum, since then ETH has outperformed Bitcoin.

There's a new Oracle in town.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
I said bitcoin is old news about a month or two ago and that it's time to buy ethereum, since then ETH has outperformed Bitcoin.

There's a new Oracle in town.
All hail the new oracle!

My time has come and gone. I hope you're ready for the soul-crushing pressure and responsibility you will take on.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
ETF make price go up.

ETF also make centralization risk go up.

People are quick to point out Blackrock as a dangerous financial monopoly.

The same people will then root as Blackrock acts as a BTC custodian.

If Blackrock leans towards fascism, what does it mean if it accumulates the BTC on your behalf instead of you assuming self-custody?

Has anybody found an intelligent assessment of the risks/opportunities of the ETF on the security of the network?

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Coinbase was hacked in 2021. These ETFs use Coinbase as a custodian. Imagine the shitshow if they ever lost the funds.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 54706

BREAKING: Intelligence agencies now reporting North Korea and Iran responsible for orchestrating a complex large-scale cyberattack against US company Coinbase.
It would be a fitting initiation to all this new money if they lost all their coins in a hack

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Hey @AceVentures do you remember when CloneX was trading at over 20 ETH and I asked you about it?

Check out the NFT prices now … oh and BAYC too, down 90%

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Hey @AceVentures do you remember when CloneX was trading at over 20 ETH and I asked you about it?

Check out the NFT prices now … oh and BAYC too, down 90%

I don't quite remember when you asked me about them but yea I do remember when they jumped on the Nike acquisition story.

Cashed out all my NFTs before the Nike story dropped.

Had I timed my exit immediately after RTFKT got bought I would have made 5x as much.

Sometimes I'll tell people how at some point I sold JPG pictures of shoe NFTs for $60k/ea and I'll sort of blow my own mind with how ludicrous that sounds.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Funny when I don't see this thread at the top of the forum, I know BTC is down... [takes a look at the price]... YUP!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Funny when I don't see this thread at the top of the forum, I know BTC is down... [takes a look at the price]... YUP!

This is why I always have a short bias with these type of assets. Same with the Indices.

Not that I want them to go down, it’s preparation.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Don’t even need to look up BTC price to know where it’s trending for the day

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
FBD548AD-423A-4552-98F8-B2975F2F30D7.jpegI’m still waiting for this. It was supposed to come out August of last year.

It’s gonna be available when the Fed and regulators give the all clear.

:)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Just to mess with MJ’s expectations… bump.

Also, did you see what happened with MSTR.

“Apparently a fund blew out $1b+ on the MSTR-BTC spread trade today

They covered into the close which is why BTC dumped and MSTR premium went to the highs

PNL pocketed by based Saylor and will be put back into BTC”

Mind blowing …

IMG_3379.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I'm still just playing with my tens of dollars over here. Machines are still going brrrrrrrrrr, haven't had to run my furnace since I moved into my new place in February. The new place has more space, so I set up a mining rig upstairs and in my living room as a heater (not just the basement). Pretty ghetto but whatever.

I'm sticking with my plan, starting in roughly June. At a minimum, no matter what the price, I am going to sell half of my mined earnings every month. No point in riding this stuff to zero if that's where it goes (coin specific, not the entire industry).

I learned my lesson during the last bull run, always wanting to catch the top and holding too long. I sold way too many coins at an average price of like $0.03, when I could have been selling the entire way up to $0.20, and then back down to like $0.01. My average price would have easily been 2-3x what it was had I just consistently sold and not tried to hold on. Plus I can now sell because I want to, and not because my rent is due and I need to. So yea, here is to a kick butt bull run!!!

I am also going to be selling 70% of my machines this bull run. All my best equipment and favorite cards I will keep, at a minimum they heat my house and provide a minimal payout above electricity costs. All my less energy dense and less efficient cards will be sold. The offers I (stupidly) turned down on rigs the last bull run blows my mind looking back. I won't make that mistake again.

For right or wrong, I have a plan this run and I am sticking to it.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I learned my lesson during the last bull run, always wanting to catch the top and holding too long.

An interesting thing is when it comes to other assets like say the indicies. Market tops are usually not upside down “V’s”. They tend to be rounded and have more of a longer overbought timeframe.

With crypto it’s just a swift up then a quick sell-off. Reveals a lot of clues as to what market players think and feel.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Will the ETF’s buy the dip? Will an Elon Musk tweet send Bitcoin soaring to new highs?

@Timmy C We’re counting on you

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 12, 2022
I'm in for the long haul. Zooming out you can barely see the pullback. I think there's plenty of room to run, and it looks like 60k will be support.

1710868220115.png

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Should there be a stocks discussion thread about nvidia, tsmc and amd?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Will the ETF’s buy the dip? Will an Elon Musk tweet send Bitcoin soaring to new highs?

@Timmy C We’re counting on you

Bitcoin will range in the $50,000 - $60,000 area for no more than a month as Elon musk increases his degenerative dogecoin twitter memes for the rest of the cycle.

Dogecoin will pump to the moon and will become the new world currency by the year 2025.

cmh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
When you start seeing total normies talking about how they are Blockchain Experts and making "generational wealth" and so-on, you know the top is near. I ignored those time-honored signs last bull run, figuring that maybe mass-adoption was occurring. Whoops! I've been DCA'ing ever since that top, and will sell all and further free myself this bull run. Then I'll buy back in once I see people lamenting the death of crypto -- again. See pic for the literal top last go round.

Attachments

• btctop.png
    btctop.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 34

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm in for the long haul. Zooming out you can barely see the pullback. I think there's plenty of room to run, and it looks like 60k will be support.

You can use Bollinger Bands for crypto. It’s simple and easy to understand. You get your sigma bands and your 20 day moving average. You can modify them as well. Bollinger himself even wrote a book on it.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
When you start seeing total normies talking about how they are Blockchain Experts and making "generational wealth" and so-on, you know the top is near. I ignored those time-honored signs last bull run, figuring that maybe mass-adoption was occurring. Whoops! I've been DCA'ing ever since that top, and will sell all and further free myself this bull run. Then I'll buy back in once I see people lamenting the death of crypto -- again. See pic for the literal top last go round.

I don't know what a bitcoin dinner is, but I want to go to one now.

Especially if they there.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm still just playing with my tens of dollars over here. Machines are still going brrrrrrrrrr, haven't had to run my furnace since I moved into my new place in February. The new place has more space, so I set up a mining rig upstairs and in my living room as a heater (not just the basement). Pretty ghetto but whatever.

I'm sticking with my plan, starting in roughly June. At a minimum, no matter what the price, I am going to sell half of my mined earnings every month. No point in riding this stuff to zero if that's where it goes (coin specific, not the entire industry).

I learned my lesson during the last bull run, always wanting to catch the top and holding too long. I sold way too many coins at an average price of like $0.03, when I could have been selling the entire way up to $0.20, and then back down to like $0.01. My average price would have easily been 2-3x what it was had I just consistently sold and not tried to hold on. Plus I can now sell because I want to, and not because my rent is due and I need to. So yea, here is to a kick butt bull run!!!

I am also going to be selling 70% of my machines this bull run. All my best equipment and favorite cards I will keep, at a minimum they heat my house and provide a minimal payout above electricity costs. All my less energy dense and less efficient cards will be sold. The offers I (stupidly) turned down on rigs the last bull run blows my mind looking back. I won't make that mistake again.

For right or wrong, I have a plan this run and I am sticking to it.
Instead of selling in the way up the rising charts, you can set up a sliding sell order, which sell, when the price goes down a fix amount. So setting an order everytime you want to sell, which makes the current price a mi imum price. If you dont look at it again, you ll make a better dca out profit.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don't know what a bitcoin dinner is, but I want to go to one now.

Especially if they there.
They are 3 years older now. Ya should wait a year!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Sure you all k ow it, but that’s for beginners:

Somday you will consider a cold wallet. You will send your coins to it.
And after a while you ll check your wallet.
You recognize perhaps two things:
1.someone sent you NFTs for free.
2. someone sent you coins for free.

Of course you are clever and immediately think: what’s the scam.

1. if you click at the homepage mentioned at the description your wallet is most likely to be drained in any way. Thats why you never touch NFTs you didn’t buy yourself.

2. when you send coins and token, you often use the same adresses. You often just take the last used adress and send. Until now. Now the last used adress is the adress of… a scammer. And you send him your coins…stop, no. Of course YOU allways write down the target adress on a paper and than check EVERY number and letter of your target adress. That’s how you avoid being scammed this way.

When dealing with crypto, you get scammed everywhere! Be careful!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.