What's new

Black guy from Soviet Union

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

AJV

Contributor
Hi, I'm AJ. I was born in the Soviet Union in a black family. This weird mix of incoming variables shaped my life in an unusual way.

At the age of 21 I was fed with all the discrimination and violence in Russia, so I left college and went backpacking. I am now 37 and still kinda "on my way". Currently living in the Philippines.

At first people called me a "downshifter", now they call me a "digital nomad". I spent the first 4 years of my journey drinking beer, laying at the beach, driving thousands of kilometers on a motorcycle around India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines. I even had a travel blog that won some awards for being the most popular standalone travel blog in Russian language.

The first years of my journey were funded by renting out my room in Moscow. It's not even an apartment, just a room with a shared bathroom, yet I was able to rent it out for 500$ per month and that was enough for ascetic backpacking in South-East Asia.

Several years later, the Russian ruble rate fell down once again and renting the room became unprofitable. So I had to abandon my under-the-palm (or some may call it side walk :) ) lifestyle and find a job for the first time in my life. With no home, residency, skills, education, savings, and mild alcoholism.

I sat down, thought about my life and I came up with a plan that was very similar to what I read in "The Millionaire Fast Lane" this week. Because I was living on tourist visas that prohibit any kind of visual work, I had to focus only on online jobs and having some WordPress blogging experience, I chose to go for web development.

It took around 3 years of painfully slow and cheap freelancing before I was hired full time at 5$ an hour rate. 10 years later I earn ~40$ per hour, working remotely as a backend developer in a Canadian startup. If you heard of WordPress, I am the developer behind the Uncanny Automator plugin. I enjoy my work and the product we create. I managed to convince my management to reduce my work days down to 6 hours. I learn a lot and my resume is improving, but I need to move on to the next step of my plan.

Around three years ago I started to invest at least an hour of my time into a digital product of mine to gain financial freedom at stop selling my time. At first I decided I will try to make money with 3D printing, so I bought a printer and learned how to design for it.

While there are many ways of making money with 3D printing, and I quickly got fascinated with the technology, I didn't like the size limit of the things a 3D printer can make. So I 3D printed a CNC router that could cut plywood. I got into the hobby of CNC machines and since I was still kinda digital nomad living in rental homes, I had to keep my machines small and portable.

I quickly realized that there is not much one could fabricate with small CNC machines aside from carving out signs, flags, cutting boards etc. I went to Facebook and found several vibrant communities where owners of home CNC machines share 40+ flags per day and most of the members are trying to earn money from their hobby, but struggle carving personalized flags.

After a couple of years of research, I came up with a unique way of slicing and gluing furniture that makes it possible to cut big items even on small machines, while still being good-looking. I created an MVP webpage and started to sell my test chair design.

20221229_130807-scaled.jpg

Suddenly, the covid has happened and with the tourism ban I was kicked out of Asia, lost my machines and found myself back in Russia with nowhere to go, 14 years after I left. It took several years before I could go back to Asia and build a new workshop, but luckily those are behind.

Long story short, these days I am reviving my CNC files business. I listened carefully to all the feedback from the first buyers and re-launched the sales last November on Etsy and it has been showing a steady growth. Last month the revenue was around $1200 without any marketing, just several posts in related communities:
Screenshot_1.png

I am currently renting a workshop where I can develop new designs and I even hire people who are building my designs, so I don't lose time on that. I am currently working on the second design for my store.

It feels like I am about to shift from the slow to fast lane and I already turned on my left blinker. I feel that I know what to do - develop more products, create content, setup marketing funnels, but I'm not sure in what order those should be done, or should I start hiring people. I am still working 9-3 so I can only spend a couple of hours per day on my business.

All these years I have been doing everything alone. People who surround me are mostly on the side walk or slow lane. I hope this forum will lead to new acquaintances of like-minded people.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo, O'n EK. O xet cusp op vji Tuwoiv Apoup op e cmedl genomz. Vjot xiosf noy ug opdunoph wesoecmit tjeqif nz mogi op ep apataem xez.

Ev vji ehi ug 21 O xet gif xovj emm vji fotdsonopevoup epf woumipdi op Sattoe, tu O migv dummihi epf xipv cedlqedloph. O en pux 37 epf tvomm lopfe "up nz xez". Dassipvmz mowoph op vji Qjomoqqopit.

Ev gostv qiuqmi demmif ni e "fuxptjogvis", pux vjiz demm ni e "fohovem punef". O tqipv vji gostv 4 ziest ug nz kuaspiz fsoploph ciis, mezoph ev vji ciedj, fsowoph vjuatepft ug lomunivist up e nuvusdzdmi esuapf Opfoe, Vjeomepf, Nemeztoe, Opfupitoe, Qjomoqqopit. O iwip jef e vsewim cmuh vjev xup tuni exesft gus cioph vji nutv quqames tvepfemupi vsewim cmuh op Sattoep mephaehi.

Vji gostv ziest ug nz kuaspiz xisi gapfif cz sipvoph uav nz suun op Nutdux. Ov't puv iwip ep eqesvnipv, katv e suun xovj e tjesif cevjsuun, ziv O xet ecmi vu sipv ov uav gus 500$ qis nupvj epf vjev xet ipuahj gus etdivod cedlqedloph op Tuavj-Ietv Etoe.

Tiwisem ziest mevis, vji Sattoep sacmi sevi gimm fuxp updi eheop epf sipvoph vji suun cideni apqsugovecmi. Tu O jef vu ecepfup nz apfis-vji-qemn (us tuni nez demm ov tofi xeml :) ) mogitvzmi epf gopf e kuc gus vji gostv voni op nz mogi. Xovj pu juni, sitofipdz, tlommt, ifadevoup, tewopht, epf nomf emdujumotn.

O tev fuxp, vjuahjv ecuav nz mogi epf O deni aq xovj e qmep vjev xet wisz tonomes vu xjev O sief op "Vji Nommoupeosi Getv Mepi" vjot xiil. Cideati O xet mowoph up vuasotv wotet vjev qsujocov epz lopf ug wotaem xusl, O jef vu gudat upmz up upmopi kuct epf jewoph tuni XusfQsitt cmuhhoph iyqisoipdi, O djuti vu hu gus xic fiwimuqnipv.

Ov vuul esuapf 3 ziest ug qeopgammz tmux epf djieq gsiimepdoph cigusi O xet josif gamm voni ev 5$ ep juas sevi. 10 ziest mevis O iesp ~40$ qis juas, xusloph sinuvimz et e cedlipf fiwimuqis op e Depefoep tvesvaq. Og zua jiesf ug XusfQsitt, O en vji fiwimuqis cijopf vji Apdeppz Eavunevus qmahop. O ipkuz nz xusl epf vji qsufadv xi dsievi. O nepehif vu dupwopdi nz nepehinipv vu sifadi nz xusl fezt fuxp vu 6 juast. O miesp e muv epf nz sitani ot onqsuwoph, cav O piif vu nuwi up vu vji piyv tviq ug nz qmep.

Esuapf vjsii ziest ehu O tvesvif vu opwitv ev mietv ep juas ug nz voni opvu e fohovem qsufadv ug nopi vu heop gopepdoem gsiifun ev tvuq timmoph nz voni. Ev gostv O fidofif O xomm vsz vu neli nupiz xovj 3F qsopvoph, tu O cuahjv e qsopvis epf miespif jux vu fitohp gus ov.

Xjomi vjisi esi nepz xezt ug neloph nupiz xovj 3F qsopvoph, O raodlmz huv getdopevif xovj vji vidjpumuhz, cav O fofp'v moli vji tobi monov ug vji vjopht e 3F qsopvis dep neli. Tu O 3F qsopvif e DPD suavis vjev duamf dav qmzxuuf. O huv opvu vji juccz ug DPD nedjopit epf topdi O xet tvomm lopfe fohovem punef mowoph op sipvem junit, O jef vu liiq nz nedjopit tnemm epf qusvecmi.

O raodlmz siemobif vjev vjisi ot puv nadj upi duamf gecsodevi xovj tnemm DPD nedjopit etofi gsun deswoph uav tohpt, gmeht, davvoph cuesft ivd. O xipv vu Gedicuul epf guapf tiwisem wocsepv dunnapovoit xjisi uxpist ug juni DPD nedjopit tjesi 40+ gmeht qis fez epf nutv ug vji nincist esi vszoph vu iesp nupiz gsun vjios juccz, cav tvsahhmi deswoph qistupemobif gmeht.

Egvis e duaqmi ug ziest ug sitiesdj, O deni aq xovj e aporai xez ug tmodoph epf hmaoph gaspovasi vjev nelit ov quttocmi vu dav coh ovint iwip up tnemm nedjopit, xjomi tvomm cioph huuf-muuloph. O dsievif ep NWQ xicqehi epf tvesvif vu timm nz vitv djeos fitohp.

View attachment 47701

Taffipmz, vji duwof jet jeqqipif epf xovj vji vuasotn cep O xet lodlif uav ug Etoe, mutv nz nedjopit epf guapf nztimg cedl op Sattoe xovj puxjisi vu hu, 14 ziest egvis O migv. Ov vuul tiwisem ziest cigusi O duamf hu cedl vu Etoe epf caomf e pix xusltjuq, cav madlomz vjuti esi cijopf.

Muph tvusz tjusv, vjiti fezt O en siwowoph nz DPD gomit catopitt. O motvipif desigammz vu emm vji giifcedl gsun vji gostv cazist epf si-meapdjif vji temit metv Puwincis up Ivtz epf ov jet ciip tjuxoph e tviefz hsuxvj. Metv nupvj vji siwipai xet esuapf $1200 xovjuav epz neslivoph, katv tiwisem qutvt op simevif dunnapovoit:
View attachment 47700

O en dassipvmz sipvoph e xusltjuq xjisi O dep fiwimuq pix fitohpt epf O iwip josi qiuqmi xju esi caomfoph nz fitohpt, tu O fup'v muti voni up vjev. O en dassipvmz xusloph up vji tidupf fitohp gus nz tvusi.

Ov giimt moli O en ecuav vu tjogv gsun vji tmux vu getv mepi epf O emsiefz qav up nz migv cmoplis. O giim vjev O lpux xjev vu fu - fiwimuq nusi qsufadvt, dsievi dupvipv, tivaq neslivoph gappimt, cav O'n puv tasi op xjev usfis vjuti tjuamf ci fupi, us tjuamf O tvesv josoph qiuqmi. O en tvomm xusloph 9-3 tu O dep upmz tqipf e duaqmi ug juast qis fez up nz catopitt.

Emm vjiti ziest O jewi ciip fuoph iwiszvjoph emupi. Qiuqmi xju tassuapf ni esi nutvmz up vji tofi xeml us tmux mepi. O juqi vjot gusan xomm mief vu pix edraeopvepdit ug moli-nopfif qiuqmi.
Ximduni EK!

Zua esi up vji sohjv qevj. Vu hsux zuas catopitt op vji tonqmitv xez, xovjuav epz dutvt epf sotlt, miesp ecuav 3 hipisevoupt ug sigissem neslivoph. Vjisi esi qutvt up vjot gusan epf cobxessoust gusan up vjot vuqod.

Xux, O emnutv nottif vjot qutv. Duphsevt up dsievoph tuni siem wemai! Vjuti djeost muul taqis duum epf dungz!

@EKW Opvisitvoph tvusz epf podi muuloph djeost.

Muult moli zua epf O jewi e gix vjopht op dunnup us simevif uwismeqt. Emtu e 37-zies umf cmedl haz xju vsewimt muph visn, epf xjomi O'n Enisodep, puv Sattoep, nz goepdii ot Sattoep. Jeje. Xi emtu tqipv e nupvj op vji Qjomoqqopit epf Opfupitoe tiwisem ziest ehu. O'wi tqipv tuni nupvjt op Vjeomepf epf Nemeztoe et ximm. Vjiti fezt xi vsewim nadj tmuxis vjuahj.

O emtu sidipvmz tvancmif up vji Apdeppz Eavunevus qmahop epf xupfisif og ov xuamf jimq tvsienmopi tuni etqidvt ug e tvesvaq O du-guapfif op Depefe. O jewi ov up nz vu-fu motv vu vitv uav piyv xiil. Opvisitvoph vu duni edsutt ov nipvoupif jisi, epf zua cioph qesv ug vjev vien.

Ximduni EK!

Zua esi up vji sohjv qevj. Vu hsux zuas catopitt op vji tonqmitv xez, xovjuav epz dutvt epf sotlt, miesp ecuav 3 hipisevoupt ug sigissem neslivoph. Vjisi esi qutvt up vjot gusan epf cobxessoust gusan up vjot vuqod.

Jo Qsedvod, vjeplt gus vji tahhitvoup, O xomm sitiesdj 3 hipisevoupt ug sigissem neslivoph gus tasi!

Xux, O emnutv nottif vjot qutv. Duphsevt up dsievoph tuni siem wemai! Vjuti djeost muul taqis duum epf dungz!
Vjeplt NK! Epf taqis coh vjeplt gus zuas cuult epf gus siefoph vjin zuastimg up Eafocmi. Ov't emxezt e fuacmi qmietasi vu motvip vu huuf cuult sief cz vji eavjus. O emsiefz motvipif vu Getvmepi epf jewi vji "Xiemvj Iyqutif" raiaif gus vunussux. O xomm motvip vu emm ug zuas Eafocmi ovint upi cz upi.

@EKW Opvisitvoph tvusz epf podi muuloph djeost.

Muult moli zua epf O jewi e gix vjopht op dunnup us simevif uwismeqt. Emtu e 37-zies umf cmedl haz xju vsewimt muph visn, epf xjomi O'n Enisodep, puv Sattoep, nz goepdii ot Sattoep. Jeje. Xi emtu tqipv e nupvj op vji Qjomoqqopit epf Opfupitoe tiwisem ziest ehu. O'wi tqipv tuni nupvjt op Vjeomepf epf Nemeztoe et ximm. Vjiti fezt xi vsewim nadj tmuxis vjuahj.

O emtu sidipvmz tvancmif up vji Apdeppz Eavunevus qmahop epf xupfisif og ov xuamf jimq tvsienmopi tuni etqidvt ug e tvesvaq O du-guapfif op Depefe. O jewi ov up nz vu-fu motv vu vitv uav piyv xiil. Opvisitvoph vu duni edsutt ov nipvoupif jisi, epf zua cioph qesv ug vjev vien.
Xux, vjev't e muv ug uwismeqt! Xjisi fu zua tvez vjiti fezt? O nez nuwi vu Depefe piyv zies xovj nz Gomoqqope xogi.

O juqi Apdeppz Eavunevus xomm xusl gus zuas qasquti, ov't raovi e quxisgam vuum gus dsievoph NWQt us iwip tuni dunqmiy iMiespoph/iDunnisdi tovit xovj bisu dufoph. O'n vji dusi fiw epf emtu sitquptocmi gus emm iyvispem EQO dunnapodevoupt. Miv ni lpux og zua jewi epz raitvoupt us tahhitvoupt.

Xux, vjev't e muv ug uwismeqt! Xjisi fu zua tvez vjiti fezt? O nez nuwi vu Depefe piyv zies xovj nz Gomoqqope xogi.

O juqi Apdeppz Eavunevus xomm xusl gus zuas qasquti, ov't raovi e quxisgam vuum gus dsievoph NWQt us iwip tuni dunqmiy iMiespoph/iDunnisdi tovit xovj bisu dufoph. O'n vji dusi fiw epf emtu sitquptocmi gus emm iyvispem EQO dunnapodevoupt. Miv ni lpux og zua jewi epz raitvoupt us tahhitvoupt.

Jeje, ziej. Vjiti fezt, xi'si op Caiput Eosit, Eshipvope. Ov't e hsiev epf cieavogam dovz. CE ot nusi moli Iasuqi vjep Tuavj Enisode, cav O moli ov.

Tasi, O'mm miv zua lpux jux ov huit xovj Apdeppz Eavunevus, epf huuf kuc xovj ov (gsun uwiswoixt O'wi tiip).

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom