The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Recommendation

For any book discussion

GabbyO

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2022
Hello guys, I am looking for any Sales books that you can highly recommend! Any industry is fine, as long as it is about sales in general.

Also, any other books that you can recommend or that have impacted your life in any way are welcome :smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello guys, I am looking for any Sales books that you can highly recommend! Any industry is fine, as long as it is about sales in general.

Also, any other books that you can recommend or that have impacted your life in any way are welcome :smile:
Sales books today are 90 percent snake oil materials so I highly recommend you to learn selling by start selling something first .

Sales books today are not here to help you increase your sales. Most of them package themselves as some “newly found secret” like the weight loss industry selling you the optimal diet recipe.

The only two strategies that work in sales that I see are simply the follow
1) Working harder than everyone else.
2) Profiting later than everyone else.

(1) works because in sales be it selling your own products or someone else you build your contact list and have organic growth from your clients’ referral. If you drive a taxi you don’t own your customers. You have to perpetually work 2x to make 2x even after ten years. The compounded growth of your client lists can be insanely lucrative if you grind in the same industry for a long period of time.

(2) Use low commitment offer, free offer or losing money offer to strategically accumulate your clients list. This is not a secret and many do it. But the devil is in the details. You want to do it sustainably over a long period of time for a worthy goal. You have to be an industry expert to know how to burn your money in the best way.

If investing is about taking calculated risk, sales is about inflicting calculated pain on yourself.

Last edited:

GabbyO

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2022
Sales books today are 90 percent snake oil materials so I highly recommend you to learn selling by start selling something first .

Sales books today are not here to help you increase your sales. Most of them package themselves as some “newly found secret” like the weight loss industry selling you the optimal diet recipe.

The only two strategies that work in sales that I see are simply the follow
1) Working harder than everyone else.
2) Profiting later than everyone else.

(1) works because in sales be it selling your own products or someone else you build your contact list and have organic growth from your clients’ referral. If you drive a taxi you don’t own your customers. You have to perpetually work 2x to make 2x even after ten years. The compounded growth of your client lists can be insanely lucrative if you grind in the same industry for a long period of time.

(2) Use low commitment offer, free offer or losing money offer to strategically accumulate your clients list. This is not a secret and many do it. But the devil is in the details. You want to do it sustainably over a long period of time for a worthy goal. You have to be an industry expert to know how to burn your money in the best way.

If investing is about taking calculated risk, sales is about inflicting calculated pain on yourself.
Thanks, I never thought about it this way. I'll keep this in mind :thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.