The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books are my comfort zone

Anything related to matters of the mind

Darklight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 8, 2024
I don't know why.
I run away from problems to books to learn from other people's experience on the same issues as me.
I started a business, really, got five clients for my service to test it actually for free, but then got into couple of "little" problems both business and personal, my friend joked that he'll commit suicide and it got me crazy yesterday.
I am now reading books on relationships happiness and clients that lie about your product from the morning.
I'll get back into grind, but whenever there's a lil' problem, my mind will convince me to read on it, such a strange, yet useful habit, what do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I think it means you are a researcher and you like to have several points of view before drawing conclusions or devising ways forward. As with many things, this can be either a strength or a weakness. If you take the time to read every single book you choose from cover to cover, that can be problematic. If you never put to use what you've read you're not doing yourself any favors. Can you find shorter blog posts or articles on the same topic? Can you find a podcast or documentary instead? Interviews with the authors? Do you have to read the entire book, or can you just choose a few chapters? Sometimes reading a whole book is beneficial. But pick and choose which topics you actually need to read a whole book for. Make sure you're actually applying what you're learning.

Darklight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jan 8, 2024
I think it means you are a researcher and you like to have several points of view before drawing conclusions or devising ways forward. As with many things, this can be either a strength or a weakness. If you take the time to read every single book you choose from cover to cover, that can be problematic. If you never put to use what you've read you're not doing yourself any favors. Can you find shorter blog posts or articles on the same topic? Can you find a podcast or documentary instead? Interviews with the authors? Do you have to read the entire book, or can you just choose a few chapters? Sometimes reading a whole book is beneficial. But pick and choose which topics you actually need to read a whole book for. Make sure you're actually applying what you're learning.
Solid point, new identity reclaimed - researcher.
Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Because you choose the comfort of an acton-fake the moment things get a little difficult instead of the discomfort of progress.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I don't know why.
I run away from problems to books to learn from other people's experience on the same issues as me.
I started a business, really, got five clients for my service to test it actually for free, but then got into couple of "little" problems both business and personal, my friend joked that he'll commit suicide and it got me crazy yesterday.
I am now reading books on relationships happiness and clients that lie about your product from the morning.
I'll get back into grind, but whenever there's a lil' problem, my mind will convince me to read on it, such a strange, yet useful habit, what do you think?
Sounds like you have almost like an information addiction. Always chasing that next piece of information that you think will be the answer to your problems but you can't expect a generic book to be tailored towards your life's specific problems. In other words, you will never the answers your looking for in a book because they aren't there. You're honestly mentally masturbating, this is coming from someone who's read hundreds of books and has had nothing to show for.

Any action towards your goal is better than reading all those books, because action is a real experience and books are not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.