The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brokering Fuel Supply Contracts

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hey what’s up ladies & gents!

It’s been a minute or two since I’ve posted on the forum – I took a pretty long break to work on myself and re-establishing my focus on the things that are most important to me in life. While this forum is a great tool, it can often be distracting. Off topic, but if anyone feels like they are grasping at thin air and not making tangible progress on their ventures, I recommend taking time away from the forum to recollect your thoughts and ideas.

I currently am very overwhelmed with my current projects and loving every minute of it – It’s odd because when I wasn’t busy (or busying myself with pointless tasks) I felt miserable, but now that I am busy all the time I am happy – I’m sure others on this forum have experienced this phenomenon and I feel it’s just another trait of entrepreneurs, even though times can be chaotic it feels wonderful to know that progress of some kind is being made.

I have made it a task to write a re-introduction for myself and I hope to expend some time over the course of the next few weeks to update everyone with how things are going in my world and to hopefully provide some insightful information to those who need a little kick in the keister.

However, for now I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on a problem I’ve been stuck on for a number of weeks:

Through a personal connection of mine I’ve been granted access to a range of fuel contracts ranging from crude oil to M-100 Mazut and almost everything in between. I am not the supplier, nor the buyer, rather the middleman in charge of brokering these fuel contracts between the aforementioned parties.

I’ve done a phenomenal amount of research on the area and personal brainstorming to try and develop the best approach to this project, but I am having a bit of trouble coming up with a proper manner of tackling this.

I apologize for my ambiguity; even when in contact with potential buyers it is essential to remain vague in description to protect all sides involved in the deals. However, I will disclose that the pricing on the product is a competitive discount to Platts.

I am curious to hear how individuals on this forum would approach such a feat – If you’d like we can make it more of an open discussion rather than a specific scenario.

Thank you to those that have read through this thread, as I understand how invaluable time is.

Cheers,
Sam

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Through a personal connection of mine I’ve been granted access to a range of fuel contracts ranging from crude oil to M-100 Mazut and almost everything in between. I am not the supplier, nor the buyer, rather the middleman in charge of brokering these fuel contracts between the aforementioned parties.

I’ve done a phenomenal amount of research on the area and personal brainstorming to try and develop the best approach to this project, but I am having a bit of trouble coming up with a proper manner of tackling this.

What's so hard about this? If you have rights to sell, I assume you have these writes expressed and consummated in a legal agreement. I also assume you are protected from circumvention. I also assume that - due to your strenuous research - you have identified a list of players and buyers who will buy what you have the rights to sell.

Pick up the phone, and start dialing.

Consider sending e-mails.

Contact decision-makers only, to start.

I apologize for my ambiguity; even when in contact with potential buyers it is essential to remain vague in description to protect all sides involved in the deals.

HAHA! It would behoove some on this site to learn and appreciate this concept.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.