The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Build your app without dying

justinbiz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 31, 2022
Southern California and Northern Ohio
Do you have a business model that depends on an app, but you lack software development experience? That's dangerous territory!

Your risk of project failure is surprisingly high if you don't know how to hire designers and devs, adapt your vision to the realities of software development, and how to manage a software project.

I am a veteran software developer and product manager. I'm continuing product/project management work as my "day gig" while working on my CENTS business.

Why clients trust me to realize their app vision:

- I have clients with multi-million-dollar businesses that depend on my work
- I'm much more than a dev, with broad understanding of business, marketing, and customer experience
- My work has won an Academy Award for Technical Achievement
- I don't force particular technologies or processes but prefer to flow with each product's unique needs

I would love to discuss your vision and how I can help you achieve it. Before we schedule though, you should understand that a typical app can require a $20k - $100k budget.

Also available for web app, desktop app, and server-side projects.

With my help you can avoid the frustration of going it alone on your app.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Approved, good luck!

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida
Your risk of project failure is surprisingly high if you don't know how to hire designers and devs, adapt your vision to the realities of software development, and how to manage a software project.
I don't know Justin so can't vouch for him but I've been in software for just shy of 20 years now (mostly full stack web) and cannot stress enough how true this is. Some get lucky slinging their amateur product reqs on upwork but for every one it works out the first time I'd venture to guess there are plenty others that get a poorly thought out, bug ridden piece of tech. And most of it is preventable if you had someone who knows development, can speak the lingo, and can manage the project.

I will also say $20k-$100k is low end if there is someone in the middle managing and you get the fully complete high quality product at the end of that cycle. Even on the top end that is less than the cost of one competent US eng for a year and that typically isn't going to build much without other incentives like equity or teammates around that to support (BAs, PMs, years of the business clarifying the problem they want to solve).

Best of wishes Justin to growing your business - I often thought of just going this route rather than build something myself but lately have thought its not worth the headaches of on-going maintenance and small tweaks for potentially hundreds of previous clients at some point. A solvable problem I'm sure but sounds a lot less appetizing than just maintaining my own thing,

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Wow. That's quite a budget. I remember reading the creator of GrooveHQ spending almost $300k.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

justinbiz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 31, 2022
Southern California and Northern Ohio
I will also say $20k-$100k is low end if there is someone in the middle managing and you get the fully complete high quality product at the end of that cycle. Even on the top end that is less than the cost of one competent US eng for a year and that typically isn't going to build much without other incentives like equity or teammates around that to support (BAs, PMs, years of the business clarifying the problem they want to solve).

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that only a very basic app using web-based tech can be done for the low end. Also I didn't mean to imply that any arbitrarily complex app could be built for $100k.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.