The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a YouTube channel for 2 years, with 832 subscribers here in Brazil.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

rafaelpiresrj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 26, 2023
Nice to meet you. My name is Rafael Pires, I am Brazilian and I am 32 years old.

I have a YouTube channel that will complete 2 years in 2 months, which talks about entrepreneurship in a Vlog style, where I share my experiences, whether good or bad.

I discovered Del Marco's Books 4 months ago through James Jani on YouTube, and by the way I've already read all 3 books =).

I was enchanted by the simple way Del Marco shows the path to financial wealth.

I was already creating this YouTube channel before I even knew the 5 commandments for a successful business and

I am already aware that a YouTube channel fails on 2 principles, which are control and barrier to entry.

Creating this topic here with you, will be a way to increase my commitment to my goals, exposing them to you and also updating them here.

My goals are.

My main objective is to obtain a passive income of 2,000.00 (Brazilian Reais).

So the first step will be to monetize the channel,

This requires 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of viewing

We currently have 832 Subscribers on the date I make this post and have 1158 viewing hours.

My goal in 2024 for this YouTube channel is to reach +1000 subscribers and reach +4000 hours watched

1713361505303.png

My main difficulty so far has been increasing my hours watched.

I have a total of 2,000 hours watched over the 2 years, but YouTube only calculates it in the last year.

I count on your support.

I know you're not Brazilian, so it's hard to want to watch the videos.

But anyway, here is the link so you can follow my journey.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfabC3mQGVh6xsU5qnFnVXg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nice to meet you. My name is Rafael Pires, I am Brazilian and I am 32 years old.

I have a YouTube channel that will complete 2 years in 2 months, which talks about entrepreneurship in a Vlog style, where I share my experiences, whether good or bad.

I discovered Del Marco's Books 4 months ago through James Jani on YouTube, and by the way I've already read all 3 books =).

I was enchanted by the simple way Del Marco shows the path to financial wealth.

I was already creating this YouTube channel before I even knew the 5 commandments for a successful business and

I am already aware that a YouTube channel fails on 2 principles, which are control and barrier to entry.

Creating this topic here with you, will be a way to increase my commitment to my goals, exposing them to you and also updating them here.

My goals are.

We currently have 832 Subscribers on the date I make this post and have 1158 viewing hours.

My goal in 2024 for this YouTube channel is to reach +1000 subscribers and reach +4000 hours watched

View attachment 55413

My main difficulty so far has been increasing my hours watched.

I have a total of 2,000 hours watched over the 2 years, but YouTube only calculates it in the last year.

I count on your support.

I know you're not Brazilian, so it's hard to want to watch the videos.

But anyway, here is the link so you can follow my journey.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfabC3mQGVh6xsU5qnFnVXg
Watched the first few seconds of your most popular video. Would subtitles help increase viewer duration?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I feel that it's only a matter of time before someone less polite posts here so here we go...

So you have no experience with entrepreneurship yet you talk about it on your channel and want to make this your primary business?

So 2000 BRL is about $380. According to some stats I found online:

That being said, most channels (based in Brazil or otherwise) have a RPM of between $0.50 and $20.00, with an average of around $3. So YouTube will pay your channel in Brazil between $500 and $20,000 for 1 million views (the average being around $3,000).

Your most popular video right now has 24,000 views which means that given the average above, it would earn $72 so far during its lifetime (one year). And that's your most popular video, with the second having received only 900 views (so about $3 in earnings).

Are you aware how bad this math is?

And are you aware that you could easily make $500-1,000 per month within a month or two if you were to start offering services or selling products instead of posting content?

In two years of any non-content-based business you'd be making full-time income already. Yeah, not passive but YouTube isn't passive, either. Stop posting videos and your earnings will drop like a stone within weeks or months.

I'd understand if you were an expert in your topic but you aren't. So you've not only lost 2 years of potential earnings you could have been doing something more valuable but you're also competing with people who are real-world experts in your topic.

I'm not saying this to be mean. I've also wasted combined years writing blogs and running YouTube channels that were like that. I'd suggest focusing on making active income and launching a business that delivers results now, not sometime in the future based on a very unlikely premise.

rafaelpiresrj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 26, 2023
Great channel dude! I'll be following your Journal. I'm also Brazilian
Ahhh another Brazilian, how cool. Thanks for the support.

Watched the first few seconds of your most popular video. Would subtitles help increase viewer duration?
You almost read my thoughts. That's exactly what I'm preparing for the next videos. In addition to adding subtitles, I will also make more interesting cuts to remove the silent moments. Another thing that will come in the next videos.

For the first time I made a small investment, I bought a lapel microphone that should arrive this week, and I also bought equipment so I no longer hold the camera with my own hands, improving the images.

It wasn't expensive at all, in fact I bought everything from China.

If it is in dollars, I believe that everything was no more than 30 dollars, but I am sure that it will improve people's retention in the videos by 200%.

I feel that it's only a matter of time before someone less polite posts here so here we go...

So you have no experience with entrepreneurship yet you talk about it on your channel and want to make this your primary business?

So 2000 BRL is about $380. According to some stats I found online:

Your most popular video right now has 24,000 views which means that given the average above, it would earn $72 so far during its lifetime (one year). And that's your most popular video, with the second having received only 900 views (so about $3 in earnings).

Are you aware how bad this math is?

And are you aware that you could easily make $500-1,000 per month within a month or two if you were to start offering services or selling products instead of posting content?

In two years of any non-content-based business you'd be making full-time income already. Yeah, not passive but YouTube isn't passive, either. Stop posting videos and your earnings will drop like a stone within weeks or months.

I'd understand if you were an expert in your topic but you aren't. So you've not only lost 2 years of potential earnings you could have been doing something more valuable but you're also competing with people who are real-world experts in your topic.

I'm not saying this to be mean. I've also wasted combined years writing blogs and running YouTube channels that were like that. I'd suggest focusing on making active income and launching a business that delivers results now, not sometime in the future based on a very unlikely premise.

I loved your comments and really wish you wouldn't be polite to me. On the contrary, I want them to be very realistic with me, because I don't want motivational help like, go there and whoop! I've had a lot of this when I worked for multilevel marketing companies here in Brazil.

And come on, I make a point of answering you appropriately.

First answer. I've had some experience with entrepreneurship. In fact, I've already tried a few things.

My first experience with entrepreneurship was in 2017. When I was introduced to multilevel marketing. Even though I know this isn't truly my own business. I learned a lot about sales, about prospecting customers, about follow-up, about closing sales. and about the sales funnel as a whole. I learned how to relate to strangers, make new contacts, etc. It was very valuable and I would do it all again.

I started in 2017 and in 2023 the company we represented was simply sold and its activities in Brazil were suspended.

I was never super big there. I rose about 5 titles, I had a team of no more than 200 people. and I made a little money compared to the amount of work I did. I generated around almost R$200,000.00 to R$250,000.00 in revenue for the company in the total time I had there, and I must have earned around 5% of that or a little less. The money really wasn't much for me, but the learning from sales was great.

Logically, this income didn't support me, so I had a job that I hated, in addition to living with my mother at that age. which I'm not very proud of, but that's what I did.

In addition to Multilevel Marketing.
I tried affiliate marketing.
I've already tried to put together a digital product but stopped at the sales page. (I was trying to do everything myself and realized I had no experience where I got stuck).
An experience I had for 1 year and 6 months was buying and selling cell phones here in the region where I live. Which was an interesting extra income that I made. Basically it was traded on the marketplace for a cheaper price, and sold a little more expensive.
And by the way, it was the most profitable thing I've done to date.

And after reading Fast Lane, in the last 6 months I've tried to start a lawn mowing business, because where I live, this really is a necessity. I know I could have difficulties in terms of scale and time, but I still decided to take the risk.

The work went very well, I started to build a client portfolio, I was already reaching 45 clients. And with each new client I took on I was running out of time more and more. I started to see that I wasn't building a business, but rather a job.

I tried to implement a system. I hired a free lancer to do the leafleting, and I was thinking about calling a guy to work with me.

Anyway, in short. There is a real need. People here beg for good service in this area and there is none.

But when I saw the work I would have to do implementing a team of people, it was a very long story. I can still tell some of you in more detail at another time.

And why the history of YouTube?

As I love entrepreneurship, for me it is very enjoyable to share information about, and also talk about, financial education (I read a lot on the subject so I don't invent the subject but rather share it). It was never something I did thinking, Damn, one more video, that sucks, here I go. But actually when I recorded it, I did it so lightly, which was nice.

And in the last 2 years. One thing I realized. Of all these experiences I've had over the last few years, the only thing that has continued to grow is my YouTube channel, often without my presence (because at various times it goes months without recording).

My goal is to become a successful entrepreneur, and the YouTube channel is not to be the protagonist of this goal, but rather a supporting role.

And yes, I intend to open a business that meets the 5 principles. Need, Input, Control, Scale and Time.

And while I build this path, I'm sharing these stories through YouTube, even as a way to inspire other people who also want to become entrepreneurs one day.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
I don't understand a word in your videos, but am I right or not about this:

You make videos as a synthesizer about a topic (which happens to be entrepreneurship) you read in a book, but you never succeeded in your life as an entrepreneur?! Am I right or you have/had success in a domain?!

If I am right, then I don't see the point why would someone watch you, as you are a fraud, a blind man leading other blinds. If I'm wrong, I would be grateful to know which domain you succeeded in so people can give you advice on how to make the videos more attractive/more valuable/better from at least one point of view.

Last edited:

rafaelpiresrj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 26, 2023
I don't understand a word in your videos, but am I right or not about this:

You make videos as a synthesizer about a topic (which happens to be entrepreneurship) you read in a book, but you never succeeded in your life as an entrepreneur?! Am I right or you have/had success in a domain?!

If I am right, then I don't see the point why would someone watch you, as you are a fraud, a blind man leading other blinds. If I'm wrong, I would be grateful to now which domain you succeeded so people can give you advice on how to make the videos more attractive/more valuable/better in at least one point of view.
I liked your point of view.
But I will disagree with you.

I truly believe that you don't need to be an expert on the subject to be able to guide someone on how to get started...

For example, I have some experience with English, although I'm using Google Translate out of sheer laziness.

I was in Canada for 3 months in Toronto, and I also spent 5 months in Boston in the United States.

I can communicate without problems in English, but my accent and vocabulary are not even close to that of a native speaker.

Now think with me. I have some knowledge of English, not much. But could I guide other people to start learning English? I believe so.

One thing I learned from multilevel marketing is that even if you are an apprentice in a certain subject, you already know much more than that person who has never had experience on that subject.

My YouTube channel is aimed at beginners or people who want to start entrepreneurship, and not aimed at audiences who already have a lot of experience in the subject.

I'm not here trying to defend myself or attack you, on the contrary, I really liked your comment and I really think about it a lot.

I don't want to be false and tell people, look, do this and get rich, because I'm still poor.

I try to be as transparent as possible, and they probably know that I'm not rich "yet".

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
James Jani started a channel about his journey and then changed it to more of a documentary style channel.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
So far, your results are proving that what you're doing isn't working. Adapt to what the market is telling you or you are going to waste several years with nothing to show for it except chump change. Congrats on taking action, but as Del Marco wrote in his books, now it's time to assess and adjust. It's actually long overdue but better late than never.

How do you share your experiences with entrepreneurship when you don't have any?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.