The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Calibrate your life, now!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I read posts and I listen to folks who talk about the future in such odd ways. If I just made an extra $500 dollars a month I could put that into savings. If I just had 2 more hours in the day, I could accomplish my goals. When I'm successful, my money issues will be solved. I just need to get that promotion, sell that widget, finish this big project.

I have a newsflash for you, your absolutely wrong. How in the hell can you be expected to handle more money, and time when you can't handle it now? Do you really think you can accomplish your goals when you don't complete them now. Heck you probably don't even have concise goals now.

"Ah, but if I were rich and wealthy I would have time to do what I want."
"With more money, I would finally get caught up on my bills."
Would you? I highly doubt it. Wanna know why?

You haven't spent the energy to calibrate yourself now. Lets play some poker where money is involved. Lets say you tend to always fold to a bluff. At the $1/$2 table who cares. Pot sizes rarely exceed $50. You only lose a few bucks. You can always make more at your job. But you want to play with the big boys. You want to play at the $100/$200. That simple mistake you never corrected before can now cost you a $5000 pot. How bout them apples. Think that mistake is small now?

"No problem, I'll just fix that mistake when I move up."

Do you really want to think about such trivial things as balance and how to shift your motorcycle when your on the highway (or jumping cars for you extreme types). Hell no, you want that to all be natural, to almost be instinctual.

"What do I do then?"

Fix all the little things. Take a hard long look in the mirror. See all those item you need to fix. Be hard on yourself. Look for those things that need fixing. If you can't manage money, then set your budget and stick to it. Start working down your debt. Make keeping a budget so natural it requires little thought or effort. Set exact goals and work everyday on completing them. Break the big goals in to little bit size goals and make it happen.

Budget your time. Learn to be more efficient with your tasks. For god sake turn off the latest idol, survivor, drudgereport, facebook, twitter, PS3, wii, fastlane forum (yes you read that right) timesink. Get your tasks done then reward yourself. Never ever put off anything till tomorrow. Make it a habit of finishing it now. Complete the task before it gets added to the bottom of that ever growing to do list. You will never get where you want by putting even the smallest thing off. Get it done. Look at all the successful folks out there. Don't be the guy/gal that is working late because you had that 20 minute chat at the water cooler.

When money and life matter, make it count now. Fix yourself now, while the mistakes don't cost you as much. That way when you move up in life, you don't have to think about the trivial.

Look folks, very few people learn to do this on their own. Some really good authors have put together some good material on this subject. If you need help, consult them. Napoleon Hill, Zig Zigler, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, etc etc etc. Now is the time to get yourself prepared. DO everything the right way now, when your put to the test later it will be much much easier to handle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Excellent post Bilge! Rep+ to you!

I have recently been evaluating and re-evaluating where I am at and where I want to go. Although I know I am close to some major goals - because I can feel it, taste it and everything else it - I learned a long time ago that if it is not here, it is because somewhere along the way I did not learn EVERYTHING that I needed to to have it. I missed something and when I find it, it will be here. Then I can look forward to my next "it" and learn some more.

BTW, did I mention I love learning?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.