geetface9
New Contributor
Hello!
I live in Mesa, AZ and I'm 26 years old. I graduated from Arizona State University in 2010 with a B.S. in justice studies with the hopes of becoming a police officer. Four years, a divorce, and a layoff later, I'm making $13/hr at a job I can't stand with a boss I absolutely despise on a molecular level, and I haven't been able to get a job with any departments around here for a reason unknown to me.
What brought me here was a desire to learn and make my life better. A coworker at my current job gave me his copy of The Millionaire Fastlane five months ago and it has literally changed my life. Based on this book, as well as 'The Slight Edge' and 'Ready, Fire, Aim' by authors Jeff Olson and Michael Masterson, respectively, I decided to start my own company. Before reading these books, I was subject to the victim mentality, wallowing in my own low wage despair and wondering what was so wrong with me that local police departments wouldn't hire me with no prior arrests, no history of drug use, and a college degree. After reading these books a very distinct thought crossed my mind: if you can't find a better job, MAKE a better job. So I did.
Now I have my own LLC, as of two weeks ago. A friend of mine from junior high and I got together and have decided to produce adult films in a niche that is fairly new and has lots of room for growth and creativity. My partner recently dissolved his own small commercial film company because of issues with his partners and their lack of drive to build the company. We have decided to combine my creativity with his filming knowledge to help pioneer a new genre in the industry.
I hope to liquidate the company for several million dollars in five to ten years. I don't know how I'm going to get there, but as my father always used to say, "I'll know how to when I'm done."
I live in Mesa, AZ and I'm 26 years old. I graduated from Arizona State University in 2010 with a B.S. in justice studies with the hopes of becoming a police officer. Four years, a divorce, and a layoff later, I'm making $13/hr at a job I can't stand with a boss I absolutely despise on a molecular level, and I haven't been able to get a job with any departments around here for a reason unknown to me.
What brought me here was a desire to learn and make my life better. A coworker at my current job gave me his copy of The Millionaire Fastlane five months ago and it has literally changed my life. Based on this book, as well as 'The Slight Edge' and 'Ready, Fire, Aim' by authors Jeff Olson and Michael Masterson, respectively, I decided to start my own company. Before reading these books, I was subject to the victim mentality, wallowing in my own low wage despair and wondering what was so wrong with me that local police departments wouldn't hire me with no prior arrests, no history of drug use, and a college degree. After reading these books a very distinct thought crossed my mind: if you can't find a better job, MAKE a better job. So I did.
Now I have my own LLC, as of two weeks ago. A friend of mine from junior high and I got together and have decided to produce adult films in a niche that is fairly new and has lots of room for growth and creativity. My partner recently dissolved his own small commercial film company because of issues with his partners and their lack of drive to build the company. We have decided to combine my creativity with his filming knowledge to help pioneer a new genre in the industry.
I hope to liquidate the company for several million dollars in five to ten years. I don't know how I'm going to get there, but as my father always used to say, "I'll know how to when I'm done."
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
