The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ChooseJarvis.com Social Media Scheduling Tool (SAAS) Progress thread

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

fkacam

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,086%
Dec 9, 2015
Whatsup everyone!

I am a longtime lurker and once did an AMA about how I successfully bootstrapped my last SAAS here:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...revenue-within-1-year-1mm-v-0-invested.64473/

I've been away working my butt off for 4 months while ChooseJarvis.com was in BETA. Well, we are out of BETA now and it's time to transparently log our progress as we continue to improve the product and get it into the hands of customers.

This venture is extremely similar to my last. Notably, it's different in that I have so far avoided writing a single line of code. So far in my life I've spent ~$50,000 on outsourced programming so I've learned a few things, but honestly outsourcing and managing is still a struggle. I'm going to continue to attempt to not do any programming for this venture, though.

We are just now getting our first customers!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ysi5c63eeczipr/Screenshot 2016-05-30 17.01.16.png?dl=0

Ask me anything or talk trash. :) This looks like it will be another wild ride.

-Cam

PS: I'll get us started with some numbers. As of today:

Total spent: ~25k
MRR: 0k
Monthly burn: ~10k

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Just scanned through your AMA thread, good stuff!
Good luck on this project, no questions for now

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fkacam

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,086%
Dec 9, 2015
Yup, it's like Buffer, but more like Edgar. We're adding instagram currently.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I think that this looks pretty cool.

I'm the only marketing person at a SaaS company so I feel like I might fall into your target persona. I have to do everything from PPC, lead gen, email marketing, content, product marketing stuff, and social media posting. I HATE posting on social media, mainly because I just don't have the time and resources to keep up with a marketing channel that usually produces the lowest ROI (organically speaking).

So I definitely see the value in this tool. I also see how this is different than tools like Buffer and Hootsuite. Currently, I'm using Hootsuite, which I can't stand. But the thing that makes it hard from me to get away from Hootsuite is that even the free account is pretty powerful.

Just some feedback from someone who almost signed up for your service:

I started the signup process for a free trial but eventually bailed when you asked me for my credit card info. If this has been for my own company then I may have continued through. However, since I was joining on behalf of my day job company, I could not continue through because I would need authorization from the CEO before I use the card, even on a free trial. I know that sounds kind of stupid, but some companies have weird polices about that. Asking for the CC definitely added some friction in the signup process, for me at least. Not saying that it does for everyone.

Now for you to actually get me to go up to my CEO and ask to use the card, I think that you would need to do a better job building up the desire to use the product while going through the signup process.

I know that you have experience with this stuff, so I'm just curious as to why you don't either have a very limited free account or a free trial with no CC required? I have had a lot of success with a free - entry level version, but it does require a lot of follow-up on the backend through email marketing and retargeting ads at the very least.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.