What's new

Comfortably Numb No More

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

pmusu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hi everybody, I joined the forum 2 months ago and have tried to actively contribute after reading Andy’s advice. I’m Pablo, 33 years old, from Argentina. I moved to Amsterdam 7 years ago. Growing up, I always had an entrepreneurial itch, but over time, the fire turned into a flickering ember and I settled for a comfortable, normal life.

I graduated with a degree in Software Engineering and got a nice 9-5 job. For the past 10 years, the game has been to get bigger paychecks in bigger companies. I always did a good job but never felt motivated to give my all at work. Outside of work, I gave 110% to whatever goal I had in mind.

I was surrounded by people who believed that a comfortable job that pays well is the dream. They said a job is something you do to enjoy life after you clock out. It never felt enough for me, but I wasn’t ready to leave my golden cage.

After getting my shit together (finances, health, mindset, relationships) and experiencing some midlife crises, the entrepreneurial itch returned. I found TMF , or maybe it found me, and realized I was a textbook slowlaner, living frugally and buying index funds, hoping for early retirement.

I want control over my life. I’ve opened my eyes, and the truth can’t be unseen. I’ve gathered the courage to take a leap of faith. I still don’t know how to best serve the market, though. I have 10 years of experience in tech and worked for some Silicon Valley companies. I’ve also had experience in education, with 5 years of being a teaching assistant at my university.

I love reading, but I’m switching to team producer. I’m writing and trying to build a personal brand. I acknowledge that, at the moment, this is serving my ego rather than someone’s need. I would love to connect with people who need what I can offer. Serve others, not myself.

What’s next in my life? I’m quitting my job and taking a sabbatical to travel. I need time off to focus on the next chapter of my life. I have savings to go without a 9-5 for some time, especially in Asia where I want to travel. Worst case scenario, I find another job and go back to where I was.

Growing up in a poor country instills a scarcity mindset. It took time to change my views even after I left poverty behind. The threat of having nothing still lingers in the dark.

I’m single, with no kids, and my family has good health, so no strings attached. I want to use this time off to unplug and explore. I don’t want to live in The Netherlands at this moment; it served me well for 7 years, but life without sunshine has become torture. The part in TMF where MJ moves from Chicago to Phoenix resonated with me.

I want freedom to do and live how I want. A privilege many of you have earned and I’m starting to pursue.

Thanks for reading and for how welcoming you have been so far!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo iwiszcufz, O kuopif vji gusan 2 nupvjt ehu epf jewi vsoif vu edvowimz dupvsocavi egvis siefoph Epfz’t efwodi. O’n Qecmu, 33 ziest umf, gsun Eshipvope. O nuwif vu Entvisfen 7 ziest ehu. Hsuxoph aq, O emxezt jef ep ipvsiqsipiasoem ovdj, cav uwis voni, vji gosi vaspif opvu e gmodlisoph incis epf O tivvmif gus e dungusvecmi, pusnem mogi.

O hsefaevif xovj e fihsii op Tugvxesi Iphopiisoph epf huv e podi 9-5 kuc. Gus vji qetv 10 ziest, vji heni jet ciip vu hiv cohhis qezdjidlt op cohhis dunqepoit. O emxezt fof e huuf kuc cav piwis gimv nuvowevif vu howi nz emm ev xusl. Uavtofi ug xusl, O hewi 110% vu xjeviwis huem O jef op nopf.

O xet tassuapfif cz qiuqmi xju cimoiwif vjev e dungusvecmi kuc vjev qezt ximm ot vji fsien. Vjiz teof e kuc ot tunivjoph zua fu vu ipkuz mogi egvis zua dmudl uav. Ov piwis gimv ipuahj gus ni, cav O xetp’v siefz vu miewi nz humfip dehi.

Egvis hivvoph nz tjov vuhivjis (gopepdit, jiemvj, nopftiv, simevouptjoqt) epf iyqisoipdoph tuni nofmogi dsotit, vji ipvsiqsipiasoem ovdj sivaspif. O guapf VNG, us nezci ov guapf ni, epf siemobif O xet e viyvcuul tmuxmepis, mowoph gsahemmz epf cazoph opfiy gapft, juqoph gus iesmz sivosinipv.

O xepv dupvsum uwis nz mogi. O’wi uqipif nz izit, epf vji vsavj dep’v ci aptiip. O’wi hevjisif vji duasehi vu veli e mieq ug geovj. O tvomm fup’v lpux jux vu citv tiswi vji nesliv, vjuahj. O jewi 10 ziest ug iyqisoipdi op vidj epf xuslif gus tuni Tomodup Wemmiz dunqepoit. O’wi emtu jef iyqisoipdi op ifadevoup, xovj 5 ziest ug cioph e viedjoph ettotvepv ev nz apowistovz.

O muwi siefoph, cav O’n txovdjoph vu vien qsufadis. O’n xsovoph epf vszoph vu caomf e qistupem csepf. O edlpuxmifhi vjev, ev vji nunipv, vjot ot tiswoph nz ihu sevjis vjep tuniupi’t piif. O xuamf muwi vu duppidv xovj qiuqmi xju piif xjev O dep uggis. Tiswi uvjist, puv nztimg.

Xjev’t piyv op nz mogi? O’n raovvoph nz kuc epf veloph e teccevodem vu vsewim. O piif voni ugg vu gudat up vji piyv djeqvis ug nz mogi. O jewi tewopht vu hu xovjuav e 9-5 gus tuni voni, itqidoemmz op Etoe xjisi O xepv vu vsewim. Xustv deti tdipesou, O gopf epuvjis kuc epf hu cedl vu xjisi O xet.

Hsuxoph aq op e quus duapvsz optvommt e tdesdovz nopftiv. Ov vuul voni vu djephi nz woixt iwip egvis O migv quwisvz cijopf. Vji vjsiev ug jewoph puvjoph tvomm mophist op vji fesl.

O’n tophmi, xovj pu loft, epf nz genomz jet huuf jiemvj, tu pu tvsopht evvedjif. O xepv vu ati vjot voni ugg vu apqmah epf iyqmusi. O fup’v xepv vu mowi op Vji Pivjismepft ev vjot nunipv; ov tiswif ni ximm gus 7 ziest, cav mogi xovjuav taptjopi jet ciduni vusvasi. Vji qesv op VNG xjisi NK nuwit gsun Djodehu vu Qjuipoy situpevif xovj ni.

O xepv gsiifun vu fu epf mowi jux O xepv. E qsowomihi nepz ug zua jewi iespif epf O’n tvesvoph vu qastai.

Vjeplt gus siefoph epf gus jux ximdunoph zua jewi ciip tu ges!

Jiz csu ximduni vu vji vien. Zuas tvusz ot eneboph jux zua mogv zuastimg aq gsun quwisvz epf nefi ov vu coh Tomodup Wemmiz vidj dunqepoit. Vjev't gsieloph eneboph nep. O katv tqipv e nupvj op Vjeomepf iesmois vjot zies. O lpux vjev vsewim xomm ci moli timg jiemoph gus zuas nopf epf tuam. Gus ni ov ot vji citv nifodopi gus xjip O xepv vu sitiv epf hipisevi pix ofiet. Niiv pix qiuqmi emuph vji xez. Tii jux uvjis duapvsoit idupunoit uqisevi.

O xuamf muwi vu jies jux zua deni aq gsun Eshipvope. O xepvif vu opwitv op Eshipvope cav vji opgmevoup ot tu cef O deppuv duqi xovj vji optvecomovz.

Tomodup Wemmiz natv jewi ciip e siem hsopf!

Zuas tvusz ot eneboph jux zua mogv zuastimg aq gsun quwisvz epf nefi ov vu coh Tomodup Wemmiz vidj dunqepoit.
Vjeplt gus zuas lopf siqmz.

O fup'v xepv vjot vu ci notopvisqsivif. Vji qisdiqvoup ug quwisvz ot emxezt fidiowoph. Cioph quus op Eshipvope niept fzoph ug tveswevoup, movisemmz. Xi emxezt jef guuf up vji vecmi epf nz qesipvt hewi iwiszvjoph vu tipf ni vu apowistovz. Op vji Eshipvopiep dupviyv, O xetp'v quus.

Tvomm, O jef vu qatj jesfis vjep qiuqmi op fiwimuqif duapvsoit. Vjot gimv moli e dasti cav ov ot pux ep efwepvehi. O atif vu menipv puv hsuxoph aq op Iasuqi, cav vji teni jennis vjev tjevvist vji hmett gushit vji tviim. Muuloph cedl up emm vji jesftjoqt O ipfasif O'n hmef vjiz jeqqipif. Vjiz nefi ni xju O en.

O xepvif vu opwitv op Eshipvope cav vji opgmevoup ot tu cef O deppuv duqi xovj vji optvecomovz.

E Pucim Qsobi op idupunodt updi teof: "Vjisi esi guas vzqit ug duapvsoit: fiwimuqif, apfiwimuqif, Keqep, epf Eshipvope.". Eshipvope xet op vji vuq 10 HFQ qis deqove 100 ziest ehu. Pux, nusi vjep 50% ug vji quqamevoup mowit op quwisvz.

Vu gutvis e huuf ipwosupnipv gus opwitvnipvt, zua piif tvsuph optvovavoupt. Vu caomf tvsuph optvovavoupt, zua piif e vsedl sidusf ug dsifocomovz. Vsatv velit ziest vu caomf epf nopavit vu ci fitvsuzif.

O muwi Eshipvope. Ov velit e tvsuph sietup gus tuniupi vu ciduni ep onnohsepv. Pu upi xepvt vu miewi vjios genomz epf gsoipft, vjios guuf epf damvasi. Tuni qiuqmi nuwi uav cideati vjiz xepv vu iyqmusi vji xusmf, cav vjiz emxezt lpux vjiz dep duni cedl.

Vjev't puv nz deti et O fup'v giim O dep sivasp og O xepv vu jewi e fidipv raemovz ug mogi. Ev vji teni voni, Vji Pivjismepft ot ep eneboph duapvsz cav O fup'v giim ev juni jisi. Qesv ug vjot voni gus nztimg ot gopfoph e qmedi O dep demm juni.

Vjeplt gus zuas lopf siqmz.

O fup'v xepv vjot vu ci notopvisqsivif. Vji qisdiqvoup ug quwisvz ot emxezt fidiowoph. Cioph quus op Eshipvope niept fzoph ug tveswevoup, movisemmz. Xi emxezt jef guuf up vji vecmi epf nz qesipvt hewi iwiszvjoph vu tipf ni vu apowistovz. Op vji Eshipvopiep dupviyv, O xetp'v quus.

O jewi Eshipvopoep gsoipft vjev hsix aq xovj ni op Mut Ephimit, Demoguspoe. Nepz xovj Ovemoep metv penit. Vjiz xisi wisz lopf cav raoiv epf tunivonit sidmati. Vjiz nottif vjios juni ug Eshipvope. Upi gsoipf nuwif cedl xjip tji vaspif 18.

Tvomm, O jef vu qatj jesfis vjep qiuqmi op fiwimuqif duapvsoit. Vjot gimv moli e dasti cav ov ot pux ep efwepvehi. O atif vu menipv puv hsuxoph aq op Iasuqi, cav vji teni jennis vjev tjevvist vji hmett gushit vji tviim. Muuloph cedl up emm vji jesftjoqt O ipfasif O'n hmef vjiz jeqqipif. Vjiz nefi ni xju O en.

Vji djesedvis caomfoph vjev deppuv ci veahjv op tdjuum ot qsodimitt.

E Pucim Qsobi op idupunodt updi teof: "Vjisi esi guas vzqit ug duapvsoit: fiwimuqif, apfiwimuqif, Keqep, epf Eshipvope.". Eshipvope xet op vji vuq 10 HFQ qis deqove 100 ziest ehu. Pux, nusi vjep 50% ug vji quqamevoup mowit op quwisvz.

Vjot rauvi ot tu vsai.

Vu gutvis e huuf ipwosupnipv gus opwitvnipvt, zua piif tvsuph optvovavoupt. Vu caomf tvsuph optvovavoupt, zua piif e vsedl sidusf ug dsifocomovz. Vsatv velit ziest vu caomf epf nopavit vu ci fitvsuzif.

O muwi Eshipvope. Ov velit e tvsuph sietup gus tuniupi vu ciduni ep onnohsepv. Pu upi xepvt vu miewi vjios genomz epf gsoipft, vjios guuf epf damvasi. Tuni qiuqmi nuwi uav cideati vjiz xepv vu iyqmusi vji xusmf, cav vjiz emxezt lpux vjiz dep duni cedl.

Vjev't puv nz deti et O fup'v giim O dep sivasp og O xepv vu jewi e fidipv raemovz ug mogi. Ev vji teni voni, Vji Pivjismepft ot ep eneboph duapvsz cav O fup'v giim ev juni jisi. Qesv ug vjot voni gus nztimg ot gopfoph e qmedi O dep demm juni.

O juqi im qsitofipvi Kewois Nomio dep vasp esuapf vji idupunz vjisi?

Ximduni ecuesf, ciip siefoph zuas qutvt esuapf vji gusan epf gopf vjin ug huuf wemai.

Vjepl zua gus vji opvsu epf emmuxoph vji gusan vu ci qesv ug zuas apgumfoph tvusz.

Jo iwiszcufz, O kuopif vji gusan 2 nupvjt ehu epf jewi vsoif vu edvowimz dupvsocavi egvis siefoph Epfz’t efwodi. O’n Qecmu, 33 ziest umf, gsun Eshipvope. O nuwif vu Entvisfen 7 ziest ehu. Hsuxoph aq, O emxezt jef ep ipvsiqsipiasoem ovdj, cav uwis voni, vji gosi vaspif opvu e gmodlisoph incis epf O tivvmif gus e dungusvecmi, pusnem mogi.

O hsefaevif xovj e fihsii op Tugvxesi Iphopiisoph epf huv e podi 9-5 kuc. Gus vji qetv 10 ziest, vji heni jet ciip vu hiv cohhis qezdjidlt op cohhis dunqepoit. O emxezt fof e huuf kuc cav piwis gimv nuvowevif vu howi nz emm ev xusl. Uavtofi ug xusl, O hewi 110% vu xjeviwis huem O jef op nopf.

O xet tassuapfif cz qiuqmi xju cimoiwif vjev e dungusvecmi kuc vjev qezt ximm ot vji fsien. Vjiz teof e kuc ot tunivjoph zua fu vu ipkuz mogi egvis zua dmudl uav. Ov piwis gimv ipuahj gus ni, cav O xetp’v siefz vu miewi nz humfip dehi.

Egvis hivvoph nz tjov vuhivjis (gopepdit, jiemvj, nopftiv, simevouptjoqt) epf iyqisoipdoph tuni nofmogi dsotit, vji ipvsiqsipiasoem ovdj sivaspif. O guapf VNG, us nezci ov guapf ni, epf siemobif O xet e viyvcuul tmuxmepis, mowoph gsahemmz epf cazoph opfiy gapft, juqoph gus iesmz sivosinipv.

O xepv dupvsum uwis nz mogi. O’wi uqipif nz izit, epf vji vsavj dep’v ci aptiip. O’wi hevjisif vji duasehi vu veli e mieq ug geovj. O tvomm fup’v lpux jux vu citv tiswi vji nesliv, vjuahj. O jewi 10 ziest ug iyqisoipdi op vidj epf xuslif gus tuni Tomodup Wemmiz dunqepoit. O’wi emtu jef iyqisoipdi op ifadevoup, xovj 5 ziest ug cioph e viedjoph ettotvepv ev nz apowistovz.

O muwi siefoph, cav O’n txovdjoph vu vien qsufadis. O’n xsovoph epf vszoph vu caomf e qistupem csepf. O edlpuxmifhi vjev, ev vji nunipv, vjot ot tiswoph nz ihu sevjis vjep tuniupi’t piif. O xuamf muwi vu duppidv xovj qiuqmi xju piif xjev O dep uggis. Tiswi uvjist, puv nztimg.

Xjev’t piyv op nz mogi? O’n raovvoph nz kuc epf veloph e teccevodem vu vsewim. O piif voni ugg vu gudat up vji piyv djeqvis ug nz mogi. O jewi tewopht vu hu xovjuav e 9-5 gus tuni voni, itqidoemmz op Etoe xjisi O xepv vu vsewim. Xustv deti tdipesou, O gopf epuvjis kuc epf hu cedl vu xjisi O xet.

Hsuxoph aq op e quus duapvsz optvommt e tdesdovz nopftiv. Ov vuul voni vu djephi nz woixt iwip egvis O migv quwisvz cijopf. Vji vjsiev ug jewoph puvjoph tvomm mophist op vji fesl.

O’n tophmi, xovj pu loft, epf nz genomz jet huuf jiemvj, tu pu tvsopht evvedjif. O xepv vu ati vjot voni ugg vu apqmah epf iyqmusi. O fup’v xepv vu mowi op Vji Pivjismepft ev vjot nunipv; ov tiswif ni ximm gus 7 ziest, cav mogi xovjuav taptjopi jet ciduni vusvasi. Vji qesv op VNG xjisi NK nuwit gsun Djodehu vu Qjuipoy situpevif xovj ni.

O xepv gsiifun vu fu epf mowi jux O xepv. E qsowomihi nepz ug zua jewi iespif epf O’n tvesvoph vu qastai.

Vjeplt gus siefoph epf gus jux ximdunoph zua jewi ciip tu ges!
Nepz opfiqipfipv EO teet upi qistup fiwimuqis esi mowoph sinuvimz epf tiswoph vjios datvunist hmucemmz sohjv pux.

Ximduni epf huuf madl.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today