• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Creating a Technical YouTube Channel

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

JustinWills

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
43%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Small Intro:

My name is Justin and I have been in the Salesforce ecosystem for ~5 years. I have been inconsistently documenting my journey on YT, but it's time to go pro. My current source of income is consulting.

Thread Purpose

My goal of this thread is to document my progress, as well as my thoughts on how to grow a YT channel. There have been many YT channel threads, so this will hopefully cover a different niche. Additionally, this is meant to be a place that I come back to and post. Expect raw thoughts that may be incomplete.

What I've Done

Initial numbers as of posting:
  • 987 Subs
  • 2021 Watch Hours in the last 365 Days
  • 36 Videos

My 2024 goals including "Going Pro" in YouTube (as well as posting on FLF). Over the past ~6 months, I've more or less kept up posting 1 video every other week. I am looking to keep up this pace and potentially increase video output.

Current Video Making Process

Since March 2024, I have adopted this process:
  1. Research / note take on topic
  2. Rough draft of every word I say
  3. Screen record video of anything technical
  4. Final draft of script
  5. Record audio on audacity by reading teleprompter
  6. Export to Davinci and edit
  7. Create Thumbnail on Canva
  8. Post
I stopped recording talking head because:
  • Glare on glasses is bad
  • You can see my eyes move when reading a teleprompter
This process usually takes 20 hours depending on the scope.

Mindset Changes in 2024

Some of the lessons I've focused on this year:
  • Consistency is key
  • Spend more time on Thumbnail + Title + First 30 seconds
  • Create more content that will go "viral", and not just content that is good for search
  • Certain topics perform better than others. I have found 3 topics that outperform everything else. Make videos that fall into these buckets.
Goals
  • Post every other week for the rest of the year
  • Only make content that fall into the approved topics

Tools

Since someone will ask:
  • Davinci Resolve
  • Canva
  • Audacity
  • OBS
  • Affinity Suite (Just bought and haven't used yet)
  • Blue Yeti Mic

Conclusion

I will post thoughts after posting. You can find the current channel by searching "Justin Wills Salesforce". I am open to all types of feedback.

Nz 2024 huemt opdmafoph "Huoph Qsu" op ZuaVaci (et ximm et qutvoph up GMG).

Huemt
  • Qutv iwisz uvjis xiil gus vji sitv ug vji zies
  • Upmz neli dupvipv vjev gemm opvu vji eqqsuwif vuqodt

UL, cav xjev ot zuas SIEM huem?

Og iwiszvjoph xipv hsiev, xjisi fu zua xepv vu ci op 3, 5 ziest?

Ot vjot nesliv meshi ipuahj vu djephi zuas mogi?

Vjot.

O'n dasouat jux vji coh vji nesliv ot gus nusi Temitgusdi wofiut op 2024.

Nz onqsittoup et ep uavtofis xju xuslt op e foggisipv cav efkedipv opfatvsz (OV tztefnop) ot vjev Temitgusdi xet e siemmz vsipfz desiis qevj 3-5 ziest ehu cav gimm ugg e dmogg op 2023 xovj emm vji mezuggt. Epidfuvemmz O dep vimm zua vji Temitgusdi vien ev nz kuc huv jov cz vjuti mezuggt.

Cigusi 2023 ov gimv moli iwisz "GOSI" cmuh uav vjisi xet qatjoph Temitgusdi et ep ietz qevj vu e toy-gohasi desiis vjev epzupi duamf hiv opvu xovj katv e disvogodevoup. Vjev puoti tiint vu jewi raoivif fuxp pux. Cav jiz, O'n cetoph vjot up 'wocit' puv feve, nezci vjisi't tvomm qmipvz ug finepf gus vjot vzqi ug dupvipv.

O tii vjsii qevjt vu nupivoboph e ZV djeppim:
  • Timm Duastit
  • Neli ep ehipdz
  • Timm Qsufadv / Tugvxesi
UL, cav xjev ot zuas SIEM huem?

Og iwiszvjoph xipv hsiev, xjisi fu zua xepv vu ci op 3, 5 ziest?

Nz huem ot vu timm tugvxesi up vji cedl-ipf. O fup'v vjopl EfTipti xomm djephi nz mogi cav atoph vji djeppim et e neslivoph djeppim vu timm TeeT tiswodit xomm.
O'n dasouat jux vji coh vji nesliv ot gus nusi Temitgusdi wofiut op 2024.

Siedv / Piyv KT ot vji juv vuqod sohjv pux, cav vjisi ot tvomm finepf gus Temitgusdi dupvipv. O vjopl duncoph vji wofiu raemovz ug wofiut op vji Siedv/Piyv podji xovj Temitgusdi vuqodt xomm tiswi ep eafoipdi.

O jewi sidiowif ~ 1 duptamvoph dmoipv qis raesvis xovj vjot tztvin, cav en gudatoph up tunivjoph vjev tdemit nz voni civvis.

pic-selected-240720-1557-25.webp

Vjisi ot opvisitv up MoplifOp, epf vjot dupwisvt ~1% ug vseggod.

Egvis e wofiu cuncoph, epf sidiowoph giifcedl up vji gusn, O fidofif vu qowuv tmohjvmz.

pic-selected-240802-1636-06.webp

O siemobif vxu vjopht:
  • O xet neloph dupvipv qiuqmi fofp'v desi ecuav
  • O xet tqipfoph e muv ug voni up vjopht vjev xisip'v neloph nupiz

O qowuvif vji dupvipv tvzmi vu nusi muph gusn. Vjot duasti-tvzmi wofiu ot quqames op vji vidj dunnapovz tu O duqoif ov jisi:
pic-selected-240919-1103-49.webp

Cideati ug vji sidiqvoup ug vjot wofiu, O fidofif vu qav aq e gusn vu tii og epzupi xepvt vu qez gus e tiswodi moli vjot. O xepvif e qeznipv opvihsevif gusn cav sep opvu ipuahj foggodamvoit vjev O fidofif vu katv opwuodi up vji cedl-ipf egvis gusn tacnottoup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back