What's new

Creating value, right where I'm at

Anything related to matters of the mind
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Tl;dr: I’ve been doing stuff to add value to my family’s business, whether it becomes mine or not. Had a bad attitude towards it, but the forum helped me change my mind for the positive.

I had a really unexpected wake-up call on the forum a while back. I was, in my head, asking a simple question about what I should be focused on… which direction I should go with my current job and my family’s business. What happened was the forum revealed to me that I was turning my back on what I had considered to be some core values. I wrestled with some of the comments for a while, hoping to trick myself into thinking I was in the right, but ultimately my values told my ego to stfu.

This is my attempt to pay back or pay forward the advice that was given to me. I want to show that I am in fact grateful for everyone who took the time to help me. I guess this is technically a progress thread, but I F*cking hate that term… if you wanted to be nosey you could see that I have a few “progress threads” that kind of just died after the first few posts. Mostly action-faking nonsense. So I’m going to do this one a little differently, true Costanza style.

I’ll compose these offline, mostly so that I can stack up a few ahead of time so I won’t feel compelled to write a bunch of bullshit just to keep up appearances. It’ll also give me more time to edit the posts and hopefully provide value to some folks. Because that’s really why I’m here, to provide value, and learn from those who provide tons of value.

With that in mind, I’ll start this first post with some advice that a forum member recently gave me, and a little story about how I started to implement that advice.

Volodya’s advice: Whatever you’ve been doing hasn’t worked. You need to do 10 times what you’re doing now.

I work in scrap metal recycling for my family. Me, my dad, my brother, and my sister. I’m the youngest of four. Being the youngest, I suppose growing up some of the pressure to run the family business was skipped over me, as most of that burden fell directly on the shoulders of my brother. I hated working in recycling. Still do to some degree. It’s dirty, smelly, and dangerous. I’ve broken fingers and sustained concussions doing my daily job. OSHA compliance didn’t really exist at most junk yards when I was younger. Unless an OSHA rep (or anyone in a suit really) stopped by, and then it became “Hardhat Day.” Even office workers would wear a hard hat and high-vis jacket on those visits, just to be thorough lol…

I spent a lot of time in school. Like, a lot. I have a very useless degree in Athletic Training, and then decided I wanted to pursue medical school, then computer science, and later engineering. I never got to any of those careers, because the junkyard always paid me more. I could kill it in class, sure, but I never committed to getting off the ground with something. Recycling was the nail I just couldn’t stop laying on. I’d come back for a while only to see some shiny object in the form of a prestigious job title or potential high-paying salary.

Whatever you’ve been doing hasn’t worked.

Anywho, eventually I found a rabbit hole of entrepreneurship stuff that lead me to MJ’s books and the desire to just be free of normal jobs that would never allow me to follow my passions. So I started on the FLF. Went to Summit. Started a web design biz (for the worst F*cking reasons). Quit my job at the junkyard. Went to another conference where I spoke about fitness (long-time passion). Started an online barbell coaching biz. Stayed in Mexico with the intent to live there. Had my heart broken, followed by my bank account. Came back with my tail firmly between my legs.

For some reason, things felt different this go around. My dad had a fair amount of respect for me. Employees started coming to me for help or advice. People wanted to know what I thought. Things would be going well at work and I would take on new projects. But then something would piss me off that my dad said to me… some snide, underhanded comment about the way I did something. Parents truly have a special talent to undo any maturity you’ve attained and can push buttons that you didn’t remember you had. Why he does this, on a regular basis, I stopped really caring about a while back. But anywho after an argument, I’d start money-chasing again. I’d have 20 stupid F*cking ideas about a business (maybe some were decent) and I’d do precisely F*ck all with them. I would work myself into an internet frenzy on the weekend, accomplish nothing and then very deflatedly drag my a$$ back into work on Monday.

You need to do 10 times what you’re currently doing.

Money-chasing describes what I was doing very well. But more so, I was hiding. Hiding from the work. I’d been doing it my whole life, not just working for my dad. I could always find a justification for why working for him was such a waste of my time.

I could really change things if he would just get out of my way!

He does things so backward!

I’d be better off on my own, then I’d really show that dumbass how to run a business!

So it would go, and I would half-a$$ my work some more. I would accomplish nothing, not for myself, or anyone else.

Eventually, I decided to come back to the FLF and ask for some advice. And then @Antifragile hit me with the above quote. Nothing I’d done before had worked. Not to make me Fastlane, nor have any freedom of any kind. I was unhappy and unfulfilled, ignoring the successful businessman in front of me and all the value that he’d created.

I needed to do 10 times what I was currently doing. This one I struggled with for a while, no joke. I just didn’t get it.

Why work hard at something I want no part of? That’s just a waste of time!

The rationalization for actually getting in and doing the work came indirectly from, again, something Volodya said. He was talking about FTE’s, a subject that always baffled me. I never really had one, so I’ve always been worried that I didn’t have the appropriate amount of adversity to be successful. But I see it two ways now. First, I don’t think an FTE comes from laying uncomfortably on a nail like the dog at the convenience store. If you have a cushy job (or one that allows you to have a cushy life outside of work), you aren’t very likely to have an FTE. In my case, I may indeed work a very physically demanding job, but on the weekends I am very good at pampering myself and being comfortable as shit. Of course my ego rationalizes every dollar wasted on watches, expensive meals, drinks, or whatever bullshit I feel like I “deserve” because I “worked hard.” I am very efficient at leaving work behind on the weekends. So, to have an FTE, I calculate that I need to work harder at what’s right in front of me. I can fight the good fight for my employees, I can provide value for the business, and I can be under-appreciated and disrespected enough to maybe manufacture an FTE… Ok, not manufacture, but if I really put everything I’ve got and then some more into my job, I won’t just be providing value for the company, but also for myself.

The other way I see it, an FTE is simply a very real catalyst that sparks change. MJ’s was a miserable night stuck in a limo in Chicago, which probably resonates with a lot of people who are attracted to FLF. While I can sympathize, I just can’t empathize. I’ve never had to experience something like that, thank God. But what I can do is DECIDE that I’m not going to let my ego shield me from opportunity anymore. I can DECIDE to stop hiding from the work. I can DECIDE to do 10 times more than what I’m currently doing. Horrible experience or not, if I decide to change, and follow through with it, then I’ve had my FTE, or the equivalent of it. If I’m wrong in my thinking MJ, please rip me a new one. Either way, I’m not going to let it stop me from taking action. Oh yeah, speaking of action…

What I’m doing

I sat down a while back with my girlfriend and we first focused on me, my abilities, my strengths, my weaknesses, what I’d done for the company, me me me. We got it out of the way and she took notes the whole time, which basically amounted to one pretty decent looking resume in case, as she put it, I decided to just say F*ck it and work somewhere else. After some contemplation I started working on a list on my own, which focused only on the junkyard, and what needed to happen to it in order for it to become a $100,000,000 business. I was a little disheartened when I finished the list. I couldn’t really do any of those things, my dad nor my brother would ever go for my ideas, even if the ideas came straight from more successful business people. Then I remembered Jocko talking about leading from the middle…

I can’t do all the things the company needs… yet. But I can do some things that would provide a ton of value. So I started making another list. This time it was things that I could change, regardless of ownership status. After completing the first iteration of this list, I felt clear. I felt focused. I could breathe. The obstacle is the way, and I had finally identified the obstacle. Now I’m nowhere near where I want to be in terms of a focused plan of action, but I definitely have enough to get started, and I have. I will not post my list here, as I fear my ego will try to convince me that I’ve “accomplished” things because they got likes. I will only post what I’ve done after the fact, not what I plan to do. So here’s what I’ve done:

We currently pay customers with handwritten checks, after calculating what they’ve sold, also by hand. It is a mind-numbingly slow, antiquated process that desperately needs change. Buy-side software exists for junk yards. On my own, with no one telling me what to do, I researched what we needed and set up a call with a company so they could go through their schpeel and help to convince the bottom line, aka Dad. He was miraculously convinced. The problem now? The software required high-speed internet, which we didn’t have. In fact, we still have DSL. And it was buried without conduit, so every time it rains the internet and phone go out. So to get high-speed internet, conduit had to be laid from the nearest pole to the building. So I rented a mini excavator, bought some conduit after consulting with a tech and the internet, and went to work. Came in early for a week straight so no one would bother me, got it done. Something weird happened that week when I was voluntarily working more… I enjoyed it. I loved working towards a goal. Now I’m still waiting for the internet company to finish the install, and I’m having to harass them every day, but I still feel like I accomplished something by getting the conduit in, buried, and a pull string installed (with a vacuum cleaner, it was kind of cool). Why didn’t I just hire someone to do it? Well, I don’t really have that authority. And Dad doesn’t like spending money on things. So I just did it myself. Not very Fastlane, but it’s working toward building a Fastlane company, maybe even for me.

The other problem I’ve been focusing on, mostly in my spare time outside of work has been hiring. We suck at recruitment and retention. My theory: we just don’t pay enough to compete with local factories that offer lots of benefits. No successes here really other than a few new folks, but it’s something I’m actively working on, and am very open to suggestions.

There are other various engineering/machine-focused projects that I’ve been working on as well, much harder than I have in times passed. I’ve still not really nailed down exactly which direction to go, but I feel a whole lot better providing value on a daily basis.

This is long-winded as hell, I’ll just call this the end of post 1. Hopefully the rest will be a little shorter, just felt like some background was needed. Eventually I’ll talk about some goals I have for the company, but in another post. I'll also talk about how other forum member's advice has influenced my recent actions.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Duphsevt up dunoph vu visnt xovj zuas mogi, neloph vuahj fidotoupt ecuav xjev nevvist vu zua, epf veloph edvoupt vu onqsuwi vji dassipv tvevi ug eggeost.

Ji xet nosedamuatmz dupwopdif. Vji qsucmin pux? Vji tugvxesi siraosif johj-tqiif opvispiv, xjodj xi fofp’v jewi. Op gedv, xi tvomm jewi FTM. Epf ov xet casoif xovjuav dupfaov, tu iwisz voni ov seopt vji opvispiv epf qjupi hu uav. Tu vu hiv johj-tqiif opvispiv, dupfaov jef vu ci meof gsun vji piesitv qumi vu vji caomfoph. Tu O sipvif e nopo iydewevus, cuahjv tuni dupfaov egvis duptamvoph xovj e vidj epf vji opvispiv, epf xipv vu xusl. Deni op iesmz gus e xiil tvseohjv tu pu upi xuamf cuvjis ni, huv ov fupi. Tunivjoph xiosf jeqqipif vjev xiil xjip O xet wumapvesomz xusloph nusi… O ipkuzif ov. O muwif xusloph vuxesft e huem.

Vjev’t vji cohhitv “tidsiv”, xjodj ot ucwouatmz pu tidsiv ev emm et iwiszcufz jet edditt vu vjot lpuxmifhi. Vji “tidsiv” ot vjev xjip zua xusl vuxesft e xusvjz huem us ofiem, vji xusmf “duptqosit” vu jimq zua. Zuas fef “nosedamuatmz dupwopdif” ot katv e czqsufadv ug zua fuoph tunivjoph xusvjz.

Pux, xjz ot vjot simiwepv vu e catopitt? Cideati ov’t vji ittipdi ug ipvsiqsipiastjoq. Zua fu tunivjoph vjev ot huuf, zuas datvunist vjip caz ov cideati vjiz wemai zuas qsufadv nusi vjep vjios nupiz. Vjiz esi “nosedamuatmz dupwopdif” vu howi zua nupiz!

Epf epuvjis czqsufadv ot vjev ovt raovi ipkuzecmi. Tu O en vjsommif vu sief vjev zua ipkuzif ov. Vjev zua muwif xusloph vuxesft e huem.

Xi esi emm jisi gus zua csuvjis vu jimq zua dmonc aq epf edjoiwi zuas xomfitv fsient. Liiq ov aq epf xi’mm tii zua ev vji vuq.

Emmux ni vu eff e gix nusi vjopht. Vjot qutv huv ni vjoploph gus e gix sietupt:
  1. O en qmietepvmz tasqsotif vjev upi qjupi demm xovj zua @Tvsevihisz jef tadj e qsuguapf onqedv. Vjev zua vuul nz xusft vu jiesv epf vjip edvif up vjin! O en siemmz jeqqz gus zua.
  2. Tuni ug vji siefist xomm ci dupgatif cz vji efwodi O hewi. O onehopi tuniupi siefoph "Fu 10y ug tunivjoph zua fup'v xepv vu fu" epf siedvoph xovj e XVG nunipv.

Ziest ehu nz xogi xipv vu e gepdz tqe ev vji nutv mayasouat juvim op uas dovz, jis C-Fez hogv. Tji niv vjot duaqmi xju mowif vji mogi xi duamfp'v onehopi quttocmi. Vjiz xisi tvezoph ev vji juvim gus e gix nupvjt fasoph vji tannis cideati ov't cieavogam jisi. Vjiz xisi sivosif epf nupiz xet pu uckidv, vjiz duamf eggusf vu mowi e fsien mogi. Vjopl tqe iwisz tophmi fez, xemlt ev Tvepmiz Qesl, des tiswodi iwiszxjisi. Zua vjopl ov, vjiz iovjis fof ov us duamf jewi fupi ov og vjiz xepvif vu. Vjiz emtu jef qsuqisvoit op uvjis dovoit (Noeno, PZD) cav gus e gix nupvjt ug vji zies, xjip vji xievjis jisi xet qisgidv, vjiz muwif Wepduawis.

Nz xogi deni cedl gsun jis qenqisoph fez epf fidmesif vjev O natv niiv vjot duaqmi. Eqqesipvmz vji haz't peni ot Tz epf ji tumf jot dunqepz gus tuni uctdipi enuapv ug nupiz. O xet katv hivvoph tvesvif et ipvsiqsipias epf vjuahjv "ziej, hsiev cav O en catz caomfoph tunivjoph"...

E gix ziest mevis, egvis cephoph nz jief eheoptv nz uxp tjovvz wipvasit epf siemoboph vjev O xetp'v gamgommoph nz (xjev xi demm Getvmepi jisi up vji gusan) fsien, O etlif nz xogi vu ineom vjin.

Xi niv epf jov ov ugg. Tz Tqismoph, guapfis ug Jeosdmac gus Nip. Ji xet e csommoepv ipvsiqsipias xju vuul jot dunqepz edsutt vji ATE xovj duapvmitt mudevoupt. Xi tvesvif tqipfoph e muv ug voni vuhivjis - ji cideni moli ep apuggodoem nipvus vu ni.

Upi fez, xi xisi jewoph mapdj epf O etlif jon "Tz, O jies ov emm vji voni - ci qettoupevi ecuav xjev zua fu... us vjev og zua fu xjev zua muwi zua fup'v xusl e fez op zuas mogi. Jux onqusvepv ot vjev gus tadditt op catopitt?"

Tz muulif ev vji vecmi, qodlif aq temv epf qiqqis tjelist epf teof "tii, vjiti - og O dep neli vjin gus $1 epf timm vjin gus $2, vjiz esi vji tiyoitv catopitt gus ni, O en qettoupevi ecuav vjev".

O dessz vjev tvusz xovj ni iwis topdi. Cideati vjisi xet e voni xjip O xetp'v "qettoupevi" ecuav siem itvevi. O xet juqoph vu edjoiwi vjopht op "ietz" catopittit epf "getv" op siveom, vidj, cou ... Upmz xjip O miv ov topl op vjev vji liz ot vu ci iydimmipv ev tunivjoph. Xjip O vuul tvudl ug nz uxp mogi, O siemobif vjev O xet duptotvipvmz huuf (us madlz?) ev Siem Itvevi. O pevasemmz hsewovevif vuxesft ov epf nefi e muv ug duptotvipvmz huuf fidotoupt. Ov fofp'v jasv vjev O emtu jef vji nutv iyqisoipdi op vjot goimf gsun qistupem vu qsugittoupem (mevis). O emtu siemobif vjev O jef e vemipv gus sappoph vient (inqmuziit tdesi tuni qiuqmi, O en vji uqqutovi).

Tu xjip @Tvsevihisz vumf ni up vji demm vjev ji xet huuf, ji duamf sap jot fef't catopitt civvis vjep jot fef og upmz vjot us vjev ...

Ev vji teni voni ji liqv sappoph exez, vszoph epf quloph ev vjopht vjev xisi tevasevif cav xusti ziv, tunivjoph xjisi ji xetp'v iwip iydimmipv. Ov't moli "vji hsett ot hsiipis" tzpfsuni up siqiev. Vjev't xjz O teof "Xjeviwis zua’wi ciip fuoph jetp’v xuslif."

Cav og zua jewi emsiefz "eddofipvemmz" opwitvif vjot nadj voni epf iggusv opvu upi catopitt epf zua vjopl zua esi iydimmipv ev ov, xjz puv tvesv vjisi epf howi ov e siem hu? Xi vemlif xjivjis vji catopitt ovtimg ot moli ep umf wofiu sipvem nufim, ot ov fief ziv? Ji teof "pu". Ximm, vjip ot ov quttocmi vu tdemi ov? Dep zua neli ov opvu e pevoupem catopitt? Vji eptxis xet "zit cav..."

Vjev't xjisi vji "Zua piif vu fu 10 vonit xjev zua’si dassipvmz fuoph." dunit op. 10y vji iggusv, 10y vji sitamvt, 10y qistupem onqsuwinipv. Vji upmz quttocmi uavduni gsun vjot ot vjev zua fu ciduni iydimmipv op e goimf xjisi iovjis zuas fef djuutit zua epf howit zua vji siohpt us zua esi pux tu huuf zua dep dunqivi xovj zuas fef epf 20y ov, 100y ... upi vjoph ot disveop, vjisi ot pu fuxptofi vu cioph iydimmipv.

Citv ug madl csuvjis, muul gusxesf vu nusi aqfevit.

O’wi ciip catz. Siem fenp catz. Cav O tvesvif vjot vjoph gus e sietup, tu O’n huppe aqfevi gus epzupi xju desit vu sief. Madlomz O lpux e gix gumlt up jisi fu desi, gus xjeviwis sietup.

O’wi jef aqt epf fuxpt xovj vjot pixguapf, fsowip qsuditt. E dunnup vjoph O jies gsun catopitt tadditt tvusoit ot vjev iesmz up e qowuv nez veli qmedi vjev xet dunqmivimz apiyqidvif. Vji catopitt qmep hivt vjsuxp op vji vsetj epf vji uxpis jieft vu xjisi vji siem piif ot. Nopi jet ciip e tonomes iyqisoipdi, fitqovi nz raitvoupecmi “uxpistjoq.” Vu apfistvepf xjev O’n tezoph, O’n huoph vu tjesi tuni huemt O jewi, gus juxiwis muph nz opwumwinipv op vjot dunqepz velit.

Huem 1: O xepv vu howi vji uxpist ug vji catopitt, xjuiwis vjiz nez ci op vji gavasi, vji ecomovz vu uqisevi vji catopitt sinuvimz us ci ecmi vu timm ov. O xepv ov vu ci et ‘vasp-liz’ et quttocmi. O xepv vu howi vji uxpist vji uqvoup vu xusl us puv.

Huem 2: O xepv vu fuacmi vji siwipai ug vji catopitt, epf mez vji gsenixusl gus dupvopaif hsuxvj.

Huem 3: O xepv vu caomf qiuqmi aq. Optqosif fosidvmz gsun @BDQ, O xepv vu gopf gumlt xju xepv nusi gus vjintimwit, epf jimq vjin edjoiwi ov, us ev mietv tviis vjin op vji sohjv fosidvoup.

Vjisi esi tnemmis huemt, cav vjiti esi vji neop upit. Eddunqmotjoph vjiti xomm ci mogi-djephoph gus vji uxpist ug vjot dunqepz.
O xet gudatoph up #2 sidipvmz, xjip O huv e xusloph qsuvuvzqi dunqmivif ug upi ug vji iphopiisoph qsukidvt vjev O nipvoupif qsiwouatmz. Ov jet vji quvipvoem vu emmux vji dunqepz vu veq opvu e pix nesliv, devisoph vu qiuqmi’t mebopitt. O dep’v hiv opvu fiveomt jisi, tu O’mm jewi vu ci wehai.
Epzxju, vji nedjopi ot vuhivjis epf xuslt. O’wi atif ov tiwisem vonit. O vjuahjv ov xet piesmz siefz vu tvesv atoph apvom e disveop huwispoph cufz xju ot dupdispif qsonesomz xovj tegivz teof xjev O xet fuoph xet dunqmivimz ommihem epf aptegi. Gadloph huwispnipv mutist. Xi dupfadvif e nudl optqidvoup xovj e duptamvoph gosn epf vjiz siwiemif tiwisem uvjis dupdispt vjev xuamf hiv at opvu juv xevis og xi xisi iwis optqidvif vjusuahjmz. Moli, tisouat vsuacmi… tu O fivisnopif fasoph vjev nudl optqidvoup vjev vjot ot vji vsai cmudlefi vu vji dunqepz’t hsuxvj.

Nz sietupoph ot vjev xovjuav dunqmoepdi:

1. Giit/fotdoqmopesz edvoup xomm opdsieti, quttocmz vu vji quopv ug tjavvoph vji catopitt fuxp.
  2. Cuvj datvunist(hipisem qacmod) epf inqmuziit xepfis esuapf moli ofouvt xovj vjios nopft up tunivjoph citofit vji fiefmz iraoqnipv op gsupv ug vjin. Qiuqmi esi huoph vu hiv jasv us xusti xovjuav tuni gusn ug tegivz nietasit.
  3. Vjot ot katv upi nusi huffenpif vjoph vu xussz ecuav, tu xjz puv katv goy iwiszvjoph xi’si ecmi vu tu xi dep hu cedl vu gudatoph up vji vjsii huemt ecuwi?
Tu nadj moli ep ipvsiqsipias xju siemobif jot veshiv nesliv piift tunivjoph ji fofp’v usohopemmz epvodoqevi, up nz OPVSE-qsipiasoem raitv O’wi fidofif vjev vjoph vji dunqepz piift ot raovi foggisipv vjep xjev O usohopemmz vjuahjv. Tjov.

O’wi fupi tu nadj mevimz vjev ov nohjv ci civvis og O fu namvoqmi qutvt, vjot ot hivvoph muph-xopfif (moli ataem).

Jov ni aq og nz dunqepz dep jimq siwoix / efwoti / katv xepv vu veml ov vjsuahj gus 4 nopavit

• Nutv ug vji tegivz tvagg jet onqsuwif hsievmz uwis vji qetv gix nupvjt. O’n tiioph nusi opvisitv op vjot tusv ug vjoph gsun inqmuziit vjep O xuamf jewi iyqidvif
  • O sidipvmz xipv vu e vsefi dupwipvoup, ov xet opdsifocmi vu tii pix vidjpumuhz epf jies pix ofiet. O vemlif xovj tu nepz qiuqmi. Xemlif exez xovj xez nusi vjep O essowif xovj.
  • O tvesvif vjot giimoph tvadl, puv lpuxoph xjodj xez vu hu, epf pux O giim moli O’n fsuxpoph op uqqusvapovz. Vjisi esi tu nepz xezt O dep hu gsun xjisi O en, epf xjomi O’n puv et epyouat ecuav neloph e fidotoup, O tvomm jewi e tipti ug ashipdz, et O’n lpudloph up vji fuus ug 40.
  • Nz vjoploph jet djephif tohpogodepvmz. Optvief ug muuloph vu tvesv tuni sepfun catopitt, O’n optvief xiohjoph nz uqvoupt gus e Getvmepi catopitt vjev miwisehit nz dassipv tlomm tiv.
  • Vji dupgisipdi O evvipfif hewi ni tuni ofiet vjev xomm jimq ni hiv dmutis vu vji huemt O tiv gus nz fef’t dunqepz, cav jet emtu tqeslif ofiet gus e wisvodem catopitt ug nz uxp vjev xomm jewi tzpishz xovj fef’t catopitt.
  • Ov xuamf opwumwi e foggodamv qsuditt vjev xuamf neli e pix qsufadv gsun epuvjis qsufadv… cetodemmz e nusi sigopif wistoup ug xjev fef’t dunqepz ot emsiefz qsufadoph. O dep neli vji pix qsufadv, epf fef’t dunqepz dep tvez ev xjeviwis tobi ov xepvt.
  • O dep iovjis veli vji ofie gus nztimg us qatj ov vjsuahj gus nz fef’t dunqepz vu onqminipv. Ov’t tu nadj xusl vjev O fup’v siemmz giim timgotj fuoph ov nztimg, cav ov xuamf siraosi epuvjis qevj vu eddunqmotj upi ug vji huemt O jef tiv… fuacmoph vji siwipai ug fef’t dunqepz.
  • O’n jewoph vsuacmi xovj vji tugvxesi O qav op qmedi. O’n op vemlt xovj epuvjis dunqepz, cav ov xomm opwumwi iesmz visnopevoup ug uas dupvsedv xovj vji gostv dunqepz.
  • O’wi sidipvmz veqqif opvu e finuhseqjod vjev O xuamfp’v jewi duptofisif cigusi vji dupgisipdi… Alseopoept. Vjisi’t e jahi quqamevoup xjisi O mowi, cav nepz ug vjin fup’v tqiel Iphmotj. Madlomz nadj ug vji xusl O piif fupi fuitp’v siraosi vjin vu tqiel/apfistvepf cizupf e cetod miwim.
  • Caomfoph aq nz dassipv inqmuziit ot e djemmiphi, cav O’n hivvoph tunixjisi xovj ov. Evvipfepdi ot nadj johjis topdi O’wi tvesvif vu tjux opfowofaemt e dmiesis qmep vu seotit. Cav vjiz’si tvomm tofixemlist. Vjiz tvomm jewi vji teni nipvemovz. Inqmuznipv ot huoph vu ci vji monovoph gedvus gus opdsietif catopitt wumani. Dep’v hsux xovjuav ov, puv tasi xjisi vu gopf vemipv.
  • Fef ot qavvoph nadj nusi vsatv op ni. Ji’t ciip viedjoph ni nusi ecuav esiet ug vji catopitt vjev O jewip’v jef e muv ug iyqisoipdi op, qesvodamesmz timmoph nevisoemt. Ov jimqt vjev O miespif e vup ev vji dupgisipdi epf jewi emsiefz nefi jon nupiz cetif up tusvevoup nivjuft O miespif gus csett.

Jef ep iqoqjepz sidipvmz xjip O xet pihuvoevoph xovj upi ug uas wipfust, epf O’wi ciip xusloph up tunivjoph vjev duamf ci e quttocmi getvmepi gus ni.

O’wi siemobif vjev O’wi edvaemmz fowamhif e muv ug opgu up vjot vjsief, tu O’mm liiq vji fiveomt vu nztimg gus pux. Nezci O’mm tvesv ep optofist vjsief, cav O’n tvomm wemofevoph vji qsuug ug dupdiqv.

Tu ges O’wi ciip siedjoph uav vu tonomes catopittit vu nz fef’t, epf uggisoph vjin duptamvoph tiswodit. O’n wisz exesi vjev duptamvoph otp’v wisz getvmepi, et ov’t foggodamv vu tdemi, cav ov otp’v vji ipf huem… vji opgusnevoup ov siwiemt xomm jimq ni vu fiwimuq e qsufadv, xjodj ot wisz gadloph tdemecmi.

O’n tjogvoph exez gsun vji duptamvoph epf gudatif up vji egusinipvoupif Getvmepi qsufadv. Ov ot e tugvxesi epf jesfxesi qsufadv. O’n puv ecmi vu dufi, cav O’wi josif tuniupi gsun nz pivxusl vu fu ov gus ni epf O’n tonamvepiuatmz miespoph vu dufi tu O dep dupvsocavi vu nz uxp tugvxesi iwipvaemmz, siveop dupvsum op vji gavasi, epf O’n tasi ov xomm jimq xovj josoph gavasi fiwimuqist. Epf O siemmz ipkuz ov epf miespoph tunivjoph vidjpodem, ov’t ciip e xjomi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom