The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critique My Website: Political-themed Clothing

Idea threads

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Hello all,

This is one of the first sites I made with various tutorials. I am not an expert. This is actually my second site. The first one was much easier and less advanced.

This is using WordPress and Woocommerce. It is in Spanish but I guess the Chrome (or any) translator on top would work fine.

This is the first time I get feedback so I am sure it will be tough to read but please, keep it coming.

I sell political-themed shirts (mostly) and also have some books for Chile. (Very very very niche). I have zero expectations to sell a lot. I am just trying to learn and improve.

the website is www.lexpresion.cl

Thank you all in advance for your constructive critiques

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
I am missing emotion on this site. It is about political statements and clothing, both highly emotional topics. The website should reflect that. Probably with good photos of people with faces – again it is about emotion.

I would look at some fashion sites, like rapha, nike, hm and some political sites. How do they transport emotions and copy from them.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Aug 23, 2022
Hello all,

This is one of the first sites I made with various tutorials. I am not an expert. This is actually my second site. The first one was much easier and less advanced.

This is using WordPress and Woocommerce. It is in Spanish but I guess the Chrome (or any) translator on top would work fine.

This is the first time I get feedback so I am sure it will be tough to read but please, keep it coming.

I sell political-themed shirts (mostly) and also have some books for Chile. (Very very very niche). I have zero expectations to sell a lot. I am just trying to learn and improve.

the website is www.lexpresion.cl

Thank you all in advance for your constructive critiques
Hey guys, its Trotman from The Great Rat Race Escape ! Big fan!

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
I am missing emotion on this site. It is about political statements and clothing, both highly emotional topics. The website should reflect that. Probably with good photos of people with faces – again it is about emotion.

I would look at some fashion sites, like rapha, nike, hm and some political sites. How do they transport emotions and copy from them.
Thank you. I will for sure take this into consideration. I am wondering if some AI image generator can help here.

Cheers

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Thank you. I will for sure take this into consideration. I am wondering if some AI image generator can help here.

Cheers
Only If you want pictures of people with 4 fingers? You need photos. There are good free ones on Unsplash and Pixabay.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 24, 2023
Only If you want pictures of people with 4 fingers? You need photos. There are good free ones on Unsplash and Pixabay.
It's problematic, always read the full terms of service word for word: https://pixabay.com/service/terms/

You cannot use Content in a misleading or deceptive way. You cannot use Content in a way that is misleading or deceptive, including without limit:
  • by suggesting that any depicted person, brand, organization or other third party endorses or is affiliated with you or your goods or services, unless permission has been granted
It's sensitive because it is political topics, I am not sure whether you can use the identifiable persons to promote your political products. This is not a legal advice, just read the terms of service and decide it yourself.

@Yanezez do you use a print on demand service for this? You should because at first it is not feasible to buy the initial inventory when you have zero proof that the business will work. So do not print any T-shirts. Use a print on demand service like Printful. And a free mockup generator is included in Printful, you don't need to hire any models or buy any stock photos.

If you need an even simpler solution, just use RedBubble, it will give you a full e-commerce store, you just need to promote the products. You can start your own store later.

But the competition is high, if you have just 5 designs, that's not enough. Some sellers create thousands of designs until they find success. Of course at first just test a few designs, but it is a very crowded space.

So the important thing is this: definitely do not buy and print any inventory, use a print on demand service!
Just make sure to read and comply with the acceptable content guidelines (terms of service) of these print on demand services.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
It's sensitive because it is political topics, I am not sure whether you can use the identifiable persons to promote your political products. This is not a legal advice, just read the terms of service and decide it yourself.
Good point!

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Thank you all. Im thinking to just sell on social media for the time being, to test. Then reactivate the site (to avoid monthly hosting)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.