The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Daily routines, energy

Anything related to matters of the mind

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Hello!

What are your daily routines to keep yourself on progress.

I usually got these energy bursts, where I can focus good. It can last for a few days and sometimes longer, but then at one point, I run out. I get sloppy for a day or two, before I get back that energy.

How do you motivate yourself daily, so everyday you take massive action and dont let any breaks slip in?

Thanks. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
When I feel down or lacking energy I clean, I start cleaning and I clean until I'm full of energy, always works for me, gets you doing something, you can see your progress and afterwards clean house clean mind ready to be productive. Weird, but it always works for me

vxzyx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Mar 23, 2014
When I'm usually down this is what I do. Seriously.

1. I have a sudden realization that if I keep living the way I am I'm not going to get anywhere.
2. I start getting depressed, because all I have is myself and no one else. I feel trapped and miserable.
3. I listen to this music/etc thing on youtube. His name is IAMVIBRATION. I think he changed it to HDMindMovies. But let me tell you these things help so hard.
4. I listen more and more and more.
5. Then I realize that this small community of people that are learning unconditionally are actually making more than the average person.
6. After realizing that I am a part of this SMALL community of people, I smile and with the music in the background on, I come to this forum.
7. I start reading with a cup of French Vanilla Roast coffee.
8. I start learning and get work done.

Viola!

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
Some things that help me:

-Get up super early (5am every day). Being around sunlight all day is energizing. It also cured my seasonal depression.
-Work out in the morning.
-Cold showers (I start warm to wash up, then endure the cold for the last minute or 2). This wakes me up no matter how tired I am.
-Use a to-do list. Keep it in a permanent notebook so you can actually SEE your progress.
-Motivational speeches on youtube.
-Certain blogs help. I like boldanddetermined.com.. I got most of the above tips from Victor's book 30 Days of Discipline. I recommend it, but read his blog first so you aren't put off by his no-BS tone.

Seriously though.. cold showers! They help in so many ways. You confront your fear, it teaches you that without pain you can't know pleasure. It causes you to flex all your muscles pumping them up and releasing feel-good chemicals. And it's a form of meditation, being totally present in the moment, controlling your shivering and hyperventilating, surrendering.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Taking cold showers in the morning sounds very interesting to me I should give it a try however I'm Canadian and so are you, I can't tell if I'm insane for even thinking about taking a cold shower during the winter season or just crazy!
My day is usually structure for example.

7:00-8:00 AM wake up, brush teeth, shower, Iron clothes.
8:00 -9:00 AM cook breakfast, read, research/study.
9:00-10:00 AM homework, project
10:00-11:00 AM Snack.
11:00-12:00 AM/PM Lunch
Etc, I just add more to the list and change it up when things are changing or if I'm working towards a goal.

hotshot

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 24, 2012
Ontario
Right on! If it's working for you then don't change anything. I live by that philosophy... If something is causing me lethargy it's my job to find the solution and fix it.

I can't tell if I'm insane for even thinking about taking a cold shower during the winter season or just crazy!

I think it's even better for us. It makes the cold weather seem more bearable. I don't need as much clothing to go outside as I did just a few weeks ago. I can still feel the cold, but it's less of a bone-chilling, shivering cold, and more of an annoyance. Not that it matters with the weather in store for us this week :cool: at least in the Toronto area.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Right on! let's make this winter more bearable, by taking cold showers ,heading out our igloos and grabbing some sweet Canadian bacon with maple syrup and watch hockey then when were done we can ride our moose's home. I have to admit I'm pretty sure you are immune to being cold by now. I agree the weathers been less bone-chilling shivering and cold now let's hope for a early summer EH!

Last edited:

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
When I feel down, I usually go to the gym and pump a some iron.
I do runs every now and then and sometimes get a good massage. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I find that my motivation comes from doing what I WANT to do. That means if I have set myself up for something that I enjoy, then it is more likely to get done.

We all have very large energy supplies. That should not be the issue.

Last edited:

alexanderkjones

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
528%
Mar 24, 2014
Portland, Maine
I've found two things incredibly useful to re-energize

1) Consume Great Content, I love my entrepreneurial podcasts on a good run, reading a business book or watching TED talks. Get out of your own head, that's the first thing.

2) Asking myself what's the most important thing I want to do today, and accomplish that one thing.

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
If I can't get shit done, I just put on Rocky and wait til the inspiration hits. Usually hits after the first 5 or 6 insults Mick throws around.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
waking up at 5am and cold showers are true!!!. Im 3 days in doing this and man the energy and awareness you have is great. I also drink a glass of bulletproof tea 2-3 times a week. I try to stay away from caffeine generally but the state of awareness this mix gives you is crazy!

munmun

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 29, 2014
When I fell down I woke up early morning & went to walk. After come back I feel fresh to do any work with full energy.

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
I exercise daily or every two days
When I cannot work from home I go to some Starbucks or something

leonbenj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 11, 2013
Montreal, Can
I just finished the Miracle Morning Ebook where it talks about waking up and doing a few key activities that will keep you pumped and motivated.
Tried a few times and it seems to be working for me!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm Canadian and so are you
Ahh ! Damn Canadians ! :D Did you know we in Michigan blame you for our cold weather ? Yep..forecasters are like "And we get another burst of frigid Canadian air" LOL.

I grew up near Port Huron..right across from Sarnia. You guys had some killer bars I use to go to many moons ago.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
-Get up super early (5am every day). Being around sunlight all day is energizing. It also cured my seasonal depression.
-Cold showers (I start warm to wash up, then endure the cold for the last minute or 2). This wakes me up no matter how tired I am.
-Use a to-do list. Keep it in a permanent notebook so you can actually SEE your progress.
-Certain blogs help. I like boldanddetermined.com.. I got most of the above tips from Victor's book 30 Days of Discipline. I recommend it, but read his blog first so you aren't put off by his no-BS tone.

I was reading your first posts of advice and already knew you were a reader of his blog and went through the 30 DoD :joyful:

When I feel down or lacking energy I clean, I start cleaning and I clean until I'm full of energy, always works for me, gets you doing something, you can see your progress and afterwards clean house clean mind ready to be productive. Weird, but it always works for me

I do that daily!

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
Some things that help me:

Seriously though.. cold showers! They help in so many ways. You confront your fear, it teaches you that without pain you can't know pleasure. It causes you to flex all your muscles pumping them up and releasing feel-good chemicals. And it's a form of meditation, being totally present in the moment, controlling your shivering and hyperventilating, surrendering.

This is actually really good advice, thank you for posting!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.