The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Data collection

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I'm curious to see how you guys view data collection software and data collection as a whole.

I realize these systems have value and I also understand why people, or entities, may use them.

But I also see the SIGNIFICANT downside to these things and just don't see why people would not see it as something of concern.

The scope of data collection and the software being used and developed is... I think outside of most peoples understanding or awareness. Also secret.

I've seen people of the opinion "Well no one makes you use the internet or Facebook"

Sure fine, I can understand that way of thinking to a certain degree.

But I'm of the belief (and there is plenty evidence in support of) that we are farrrrr beyond that.

Data collection software is being deployed everywhere. It doesnt matter if you use the internet or not.

Ever been to the DMV for example? They sell data all the time for profit. This is just a quick simple example.

The advanced software that is being developed and deployed immediately screams of 1984 to me, and I would assume to others who know of them.

Inevitably, even with the value that data collection can provide, I think it's more a matter of when and not if it's going to be abused (and already is)

Just interested in how you guys view this kinda stuff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.