The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Decided to switch over to a SaaS/SwaS business, looking for help getting started

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
May 13, 2024
This has the potential to be a very long post.

Some of you may remember me from my initial post here that I made after finishing The Millionaire Fastlane . Had a lot of helpful replies and I was led to this gem of a post by @Sean Marshall . I immediately did a deep dive and completed his Clone My Business SAAS course, as well as SaaS University, which I found through YouTube in an effort to get some more insight onto how this all works without listening to some YouTube finance guru.

Those courses, in case anybody wants a reference, can be found here for Sean's, and here for the one off YouTube.

I spent most of my weekend trying to learn this stuff, and I'm excited, because I think this would be more helpful to loan officers than simply running ads, but there are also a lot of holes in my knowledge on how this is supposed to come together.

When you get right down to it, I don't know what to start building, or how to start building it.

I've launched this business twice now, using the SMMA model, so I have some limited experience with GoHighLevel and Facebook Business Manager, so I'm not totally clueless on EVERYTHING thankfully. I'm not coming in at ground zero so I do have some things in place; a business entity, a logo, a domain, social media pages for the business, a Google My Business profile, a Stripe account, a GoHighLevel phone number, etc.

Anyway, I'm experiencing a little bit of "analysis paralysis", so I tried to take some baby steps, starting with Sean's checklist which I took the time to fill out here. Listed there is a suite of offerings that I'd like to provide to loan officers that provide them the one thing they need the most, learned from my time with the first two launches - appointments with qualified homebuyers.

The problem is I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how much has to be in place that I'm not sure where to start; a built-out website, funnels for my packages, calendars for booking appointments, potentially a VSL, and automations to nurture all these sequences on autopilot, because most of this is ultimately what I'll be providing to these clients in the form of snapshots.

Now, I did ask on Reddit, to zero help, and I emailed Sean himself, but didn't want to bother him with too many messages. In his course, he advocates for tools such as UpHex and HL ProTools to take most of this burden off my hands so I can focus on selling. He also says that what he would do is try to make a sale, then turn around and find a contractor to build out the things I need to fulfill. Problem with that is I don't know how I'm supposed to sell clients a solution if I don't have that solution prepared to sell them. Beyond that, most competent contractors I see on Fiverr cost several hundred dollars just to build out a website, let alone configure automations. And I can understand why, given the complexity of all this, but at that point I'm worried about spending too much before I even have sales to prove that the market finds this useful. That said, I'm not sure how long ago Sean's course was updated since GHL has a website builder that eliminates WordPress from the equation - something he suggests users invest in as a form of getting a good website up and running quickly. As far as the technical research I've done, it seems HL ProTools could alleviate some of these issues, and I do plan to hop on a call with them, but I thought I'd ask here as well in case Sean or anybody else knowledgeable could weigh in.

Really, I just don't know where to start.

Like I said, I've launched this twice under an SMMA model, and "failed" both times. Everybody emphasizes speed, but I think part of the reason those attempts failed is because I tried to rush something out the door before I made sure I could fulfill and help my clients. Due to that, I've taken a page out of Abe Lincoln's book and want to spend more time "sharpening the axe" before "cutting down the tree" this time around.

I think this is an instance of "you don't know what you don't know", so I'm hoping somebody who DOES know can advise me on how to proceed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I've been using Highlevel since it was launched, I was one of the first users from the UK on the platform.

I also use Uphex and I'm familiar with HL Pro tools.

In the Highlevel facebook group have you asked if anyone has a snapshot for loan officers? I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few people who could help you with that.

Also you could ask if anyone is working with loan officers, then see if they are using a 3rd party company to fulfill the advertising side of things.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.