- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 2,486
Rep Bank
$5,240
$5,240
User Power: 434%
I've been learning a lot from Neil Strauss and his writing through this process. I like his writing style and how it keeps you engaged the entire time. I remember a cult-like following when The Game came out a number of years ago, and everyone loved it.
On one interview that I may have linked before, him or Tim Ferriss said,
I know for a fact that I'll be adding more to it, but i'm now transitioning into the stages of adding more story and entertainment to the book (the second draft).
This may provide less of the lessons I intended to write about, but it will reach more of the mainstream and cover the most important topics for them.
For the target audience, I feel a lot of the more advanced stuff is too far out of their scope of reality to handle...so I'm balancing putting that in the book or not. I'll decide later.
For now, it's time to turn a textbook into something fun to read 😀
Target audience: People who feel stuck in life, regardless if they are socially conditioned, or 'woken up' and don't know how to reach that next level.
Main topic: Getting the mindset to get past their fears and take action to chase their dreams. Definitely giving a shout out to this forum in the book because this is where I got started.
Rough draft of the first two pages, before the preface and intro:

On one interview that I may have linked before, him or Tim Ferriss said,
- The first draft is for you. (cover what you want to cover)
- The second draft is for the reader. (give them a reason to read the next paragraph, the next page, the next chapter)
- The third draft is for the critic. (people who will poke holes in everything)
I know for a fact that I'll be adding more to it, but i'm now transitioning into the stages of adding more story and entertainment to the book (the second draft).
This may provide less of the lessons I intended to write about, but it will reach more of the mainstream and cover the most important topics for them.
For the target audience, I feel a lot of the more advanced stuff is too far out of their scope of reality to handle...so I'm balancing putting that in the book or not. I'll decide later.
For now, it's time to turn a textbook into something fun to read 😀
Target audience: People who feel stuck in life, regardless if they are socially conditioned, or 'woken up' and don't know how to reach that next level.
Main topic: Getting the mindset to get past their fears and take action to chase their dreams. Definitely giving a shout out to this forum in the book because this is where I got started.
Rough draft of the first two pages, before the preface and intro:

Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


