What's new

Dip Them Toes In...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

ctcrompton

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
So just about one year ago, I began writing short stories and publishing them on Amazon. I outsourced most of the stories, spent more than I earned initially, and then moved on to other ideas. I now have a business that's done a little over $10k since it began a few months ago, so the "process" is gaining momentum. But that's a different story. The reason I write this is because I have continually made at least $100 in passive income each month from those short stories I wrote this time last year. Enough to have broken a profit and certainly a nice dividend to see in my monthly statements.

I have begun to entertain the notion of writing some short stories again, as a side endeavor. Mostly for the fun of it, but also to see if I can bring that $100 to $200 each month. So to achieve that, I have a few questions, because if I do in fact take up writing again I'm going to do a few things differently. I'm hoping the many successes in here can point me in the right direction.

1. Can anybody recommend an editor? I don't doubt my ability to write, but last go around I didn't bother using an editor. I can do the covers in Photoshop, I can craft a story, but I need more than my own set of eyes to progress further. Any insights? Anyone in these forums an editor/proof-reader?

2. The new way Amazon pays out with the KULL (is that right?), the unlimited library, or whatever it is called... Does that provide incentive to write shorter stories more frequently considering you can now get paid for whenever a person merely reads a percentage rather than outright buying the book?

3. Anything else I should be aware of when it comes to writing? I recall extensively using Jami Gold's spreadsheets from her site. Anyone have wonderful insights as to great websites they use or formulas they have found to work?

Cheers, and happy holidays!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
2. Vji pix xez Enebup qezt uav xovj vji LAMM (ot vjev sohjv?), vji apmonovif mocsesz, us xjeviwis ov ot demmif... Fuit vjev qsuwofi opdipvowi vu xsovi tjusvis tvusoit nusi gsiraipvmz duptofisoph zua dep pux hiv qeof gus xjipiwis e qistup nisimz sieft e qisdipvehi sevjis vjep uavsohjv cazoph vji cuul?

Ov disveopmz fuit. Vji qezuav gus LA/LUMM wesoit nupvjmz, moli ov fof xjip ov xet katv LUMM, cav gus tjusvt ov't wisz cipigodoem. Emtu vji qisdipvehi ot e tvehhisoph 10%. Tu fiqipfoph up jux tjusv zuas tvusz ot, vjev't civxiip 2-10 qehit.

O vsoif Enebup timg-qacmotjoph e gix nupvjt ehu xovj e haofi gus e wofiu heni vjev O'n siemmz genomoes xovj. Tu ges O'wi huvvip 0 temit. Fof zua efwisvoti vjiti tvusoit ev emm us qiuqmi katv guapf vjin? O'wi ciip niepoph vu neli e raodl xictovi us tunivjoph cav jewip'v siemmz jef vji voni epf O'n xupfisoph og ov xuamf ci cipigodoem ev emm.

Emtu xjev fu zua niep cz uavtuasdoph vji xsovoph? Jux fof zua hu ecuav fuoph vjot?

O vsoif Enebup timg-qacmotjoph e gix nupvjt ehu xovj e haofi gus e wofiu heni vjev O'n siemmz genomoes xovj. Tu ges O'wi huvvip 0 temit. Fof zua efwisvoti vjiti tvusoit ev emm us qiuqmi katv guapf vjin? O'wi ciip niepoph vu neli e raodl xictovi us tunivjoph cav jewip'v siemmz jef vji voni epf O'n xupfisoph og ov xuamf ci cipigodoem ev emm.

Emtu xjev fu zua niep cz uavtuasdoph vji xsovoph? Jux fof zua hu ecuav fuoph vjot?

1. O emxezt onnifoevimz qav pix cuult uav gus vji 5 fezt ug qsunuvoupem ati. O jewi puv ziv efwisvotif epz cuult.
2. Gus nz pup-godvoup cuult, e gix qiuqmi migv siwoixt sepfunmz, epf vjev O cimoiwi jet jimqif nz deati.
3. Gus godvoup, vji peni O ati vji nutv jet e xictovi vu hu xovj ov. Epf O mopl emm nz tjusv tvusoit epf godvoup tvagg vjisi.
4. O uavtuasdif vjsuahj uFitl. Tdsiip gus xsovist epf qez vjin vu xsovi nz tvusoit.

Jiz dvd! Ximduni cedl!

Og e 10l cob ot fuoph zua huuf, esi zua tasi zua xepv vu hu cedl vu fummest epf dipvt ug la qezuavt?

Ifovus qsucmin. O'wi qsuhsittif ipuahj op vjot vu siemobi vjev vjot ot e catopitt qsucmin. Og zua dep'v xsovi zuastimg vjip jux dep zua kafhi vji miwim ug gsiimepdist?

Tu, op vjot sihesf, zua nohjv ci gmzoph cmopf. Cav, zua dep emxezt fiwimuq xsovoph tlommt vu ev mietv qsugodoipdz miwim. Vji huem ot puv vu ci e qsu xsovis, cav jewi qsugodoipdz ug vji dsegv.

Pu xez esuapf ov O'n egseof. Qesv ug vji "qsuditt"

Jiz @Timgz ! Vji catopitt ot fuoph ximm, cav ov't hsutt puv, nupvjmz piv. Tu pux O'n ecuav ev 12l emnutv, cav vjot otp'v nupvjmz. Op uvjis xusft, puv ipuahj vu raov nz tmux mepi kuc. Juxiwis, O duptofis siefoph epf xsovoph e juccz ug nopi, et ximm et e dsievowi uavmiv, epf neloph nupiz ugg ug dsievowi uavmivt ot emxezt hsiev.

O dep figopovimz jumf nz uxp xovj xsovoph. Vjot voni esuapf epzvjoph O qacmotj xomm ci nz uxp tvagg, puv uavtuasdif gsiimepdist. O'n tiioph vjev xovj isuvode vji siefis vzqodemmz ot nusi gushowoph et uqqutif vu sunepdi epf uvjis hipsit, tu O gohasi og nz cuult esi hsiev vu sief xovjuav cioph exetj op hsennevodem issust, ov't upi nusi vjoph O'wi huv huoph gus ni.

O katv xepvif vu vjsux uav e giimis us vxu ecuav atoph ep ifovus. Gsun xjev O'wi tiip, epzupi xovj e hsiev sunepdi puwim ataemmz jet ep ifovus us tuni uvjis tiv ug izit vu muul ov uwis.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom