The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you feel you need a business partner?

Nikand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 3, 2024
Romania
Hi there,

I am a 26 year old dude from Eastern Europe.

In June 2023 I left the job at Bosch as a Hardware Test engineer. I did this to dedicate myself fully towards freelancing in making videos.

Yeah I did the mistake of following my passion.

In December I finished reading "The great Rat Race escape ". I am here because of this book. Thank you M.J. for spending your time sharing wisdom with us.

I decided to introduce myself and ask you a question. To make sure I am not the only one.

DO YOU FEEL YOU NEED A BUSINESS PARTNER?

After reading the book and the knowledge it has makes me doubtfull that I cannot accomplish financial freedom ALONE.

It may be the tendency to make everything perfect.

However for the last 6 months I work as a freelancer in video creation. December was a peak of earnings. (Got at 1000 euros that month)

Looking back I realize that I could do better if I had someone pointing out where to focus and where to not.

Let me know if some of you are working solo on entrepreneurial journey or you do have people helping.

I am curious to know how to find the right people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JPoh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 23, 2019
I'm a freelance graphic designer who has been going for it solo for the past few years. I'm earning enough to sustain my lifestyle but recently I have been reaching out to agency owners to contract out my services, since I realized I'm not very good at client acquisition and such partnerships would allow me to focus on what I'm skilled in.

I'm also curious on how to find the right people as a freelancer, so will be following the conversations here. All the best to you!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
569%
Apr 17, 2022
You can't be an entrepreneur without being an independent freethinker who eagerly takes full command of their own life.

Business partnerships are usually a very bad idea, and are only useful if:
  • all parties involved bring unique value to the business:
    • particular, non-overlapping skills
    • money
    • connections
    • true vision and positive energy
  • there is excellent communication and agreement between all partners

These circumstances are nearly impossible to come by, and most partnerships end in bankruptcy or court.

If you don't have a solid reason to have a partner, you're better off by yourself.

And if you can't be by yourself, you're better off finding a job.

Rogerhabit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 10, 2024
One question you should ask yourself is, Does my potential business partner possess skills that complement mine? When I started my business with my partner, I recognised the synergy between us. We had been friends since high school, and his proficiency with finances is comparable to how some individuals excel in music or art. My strengths lie in training, consulting, and stirring people's emotions. So it is not a question of if you need a business partner per say it would be more like what do they bring to the table and if they compliment what you bring to the table, maybe start asking you them the questionss

Last edited:

Nikand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 3, 2024
Romania
I'm a freelance graphic designer who has been going for it solo for the past few years. I'm earning enough to sustain my lifestyle but recently I have been reaching out to agency owners to contract out my services, since I realized I'm not very good at client acquisition and such partnerships would allow me to focus on what I'm skilled in.

I'm also curious on how to find the right people as a freelancer, so will be following the conversations here. All the best to you!
Yeah freelancing it's a lonely road.

I expected it to be fun, however this is not the case if you are a beginner. A lot of stress comes when it takes longer to find the next client.

Nikand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 3, 2024
Romania
You can't be an entrepreneur without being an independent freethinker who eagerly takes full command of their own life.

Business partnerships are usually a very bad idea, and are only useful if:
  • all parties involved bring unique value to the business:
    • particular, non-overlapping skills
    • money
    • connections
    • true vision and positive energy
  • there is excellent communication and agreement between all partners

These circumstances are nearly impossible to come by, and most partnerships end in bankruptcy or court.

If you don't have a solid reason to have a partner, you're better off by yourself.

And if you can't be by yourself, you're better off finding a job.
Thanks for the harsh truth response.

This is what I had to read.

Going back to work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!