The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Drinking with a Redneck Girl

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Drinking with a Redneck Girl

A Mexican, an Arab, and a redneck girl are in the same bar.

When the Mexican finishes his beer, he throws his glass in the air, pulls out his pistol, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In
Mexico , our glasses are so cheap we don't need to drink with the same one twice.'

The Arab, obviously impressed by this, drinks his beer, throws it into the air, pulls out his AK-47, and shoots the glass to pieces. He says, 'In the Arab World, we have so much sand to make glasses that we don't need to drink with the same one twice either.'

The redneck girl, cool as a cucumber, picks up her beer, downs it in one gulp, throws the glass into the air, whips out her 45, and shoots the Mexican and the Arab. Catching her glass, setting it on the bar, and calling for a refill, she says,

'In
America we have so many illegal aliens that we don't have to drink with the same ones twice.'

'
God Bless America

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ahhh Family Guy humor! And Family Guy is all over this forum.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
agreed with JScott.... these kinds of jokes are funny while hanging with friends, but posting on public forums is asking for trouble.

but on the other hand, making fun of rednecks is entirely appropriate:

Q: how do you circumsize a redneck?

A: kick his sister in the jaw

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
What do you call a Texas farmer with a sheep under each arm?

A pimp.

(I also find the OP's joke out of place. I realize it may be funny in Bumblefuck, Texas though...)

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Curious if people would have found this joke appropriate for this forum had it ended with the Mexican and the Arab shooting the girl and saying that there were enough women in America that you never had to get the same one drunk twice?

Or simply read the joke, and moved on silently.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Curious if people would have found this joke appropriate for this forum had it ended with the Mexican and the Arab shooting the girl and saying that there were enough women in America that you never had to get the same one drunk twice?

If it was a well thought out joke that is witty or well thought out then I would think it is funny. Really, I feel that people that take offense to jokes need to just relax some, it's (usually) not a hate on the person even if they are the same race\gender\etc it's simply following a sterotype. I've heard plenty of (offensive) jokes about caucasians that I think are hilarious. They follow a sterotype (and sterotypes are sterotypes for a reason) and they really only offend people if they are too insecure\stubborn\whatever to just look at it as merely a joke.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Icy,

As a guy who had race riots 3 blocks from my house as a kid, I don't find a whole lot of jokes funny.

As I'm sure those of Mexican or Arabian descent wouldn't find the OP's joke funny.

I remember Andrew Dice Clay saying that "everyone just needed to loosen up a bit" about his humor.

A person's humor often tells me more about someone's soul than anything else.

Something to think about.

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Icy said:
I've heard plenty of (offensive) jokes about caucasians that I think are hilarious.

Oh, yeah, I hear those all the time.

"Did you hear about the caucasion who . . ."

In fact, google has millions of those jokes . . .

Oh wait . .

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Just out of curiousity, I googled the following:

# results

0 "did you hear about the caucasian who"
4 "did you hear about the white guy who"
257 "did you hear about the black guy who"
1,100 "did you hear about the n***** who"
6,460 "did you hear about the mexican"
71,300 "did you hear about the jew who"

-Russ H.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
<Jewish and feels very proud :)

Winner! ^^

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Firstly, if you're going to just post google stats on a one line QUOTE in order to prove your point just stop right now. Not all jokes start with "did you hear about" and nor did I state that there are more or even equal amount of jokes about caucasians. Jokes come in all varieties and heck this one doesn't even start with the line that you seem to think jokes start with.

Honestly, I come from a place where all throughout elementary-high school I had about 10 people of a different race in my classes. So I suppose you can consider my view on this as ignorant. I still cannot grasp why a joke can cause such an uproar when playing on a sterotype. I'm not saying there aren't inappropriate jokes because there are far too many of them, but light jokes such as this causing an uproar is stupid.

An important thing I learned as a kid is to be able to laugh at yourself. I also include this in jokes dealing with race\sex\whatever because if you're constantly looking at reasons to get pissed off life is going to suck. Again, there are many inappropriate jokes that are understandable why people would get irritated, but a joke simply nitpicking at someones race is hardly a reason to get upset about.

A person's humor often tells me more about someone's soul than anything else.

How so? Am I a bad person because I find such jokes funny? Admittly this one wasn't exactly hilarious but it was worth a chuckle.

P.S. I'm merely defending what I think, as I think you should do too Russ. Nothing wrong with a "debate" as long as it doesn't get out of hand. I don't feel any different about you as a person because frankly I see good advice from you here.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Icy is feeling a little hot these days.... take it easy.

Randall it's people like you that cause open discussion about topics like this is be discouraged on public forums. You jump in and don't discussion the topic at hand, you merely wrote a reply to "insult" someone.

Surely, my first line I was a tad bit irriated that he used a one line quote to "prove his point" but if you bothered to read my post you'd see it didn't change how I feel about Russ

Yes, this debate\discussion might not change our views at all, so why go on with it? Honestly, Russ is older than I am and has experience with things I haven't (ex: Race riots). He has a different view on this than myself and frankly I'd feel if I was robbing myself of his knowledge if I just left it at "we disagree". If I state what I feel he can use what he has learned through experiences with situations that can be linked to this to show me where I am wrong.

Now, I may still disagree with him for the next few posts, and that is fine in my mind. We'll get no where and can just end the discussion. But there is a chance that what he says will make me look at the situation in a different light. I don't have the opportunity to experience what he did and by stating how I feel about this he can tell me how\why he feels the way he does. Not only do I potentially gain something but perhaps he can realize something through how I feel. At the end of the day if none of this happens we agree to disagree.

Edit: Not only have I not experienced race riots but frankly I hope I don't. I can learn through his experience without having to go through it myself.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Icy (and anyone else born after 1965):

I had a few friends who were holocaust survivors. They all told me "you must never forget this-- as soon as we forget this atrocity, it may be repeated". I say "had" b/c they're all dead now (they were born in the late 1890s, early 1900-1930s).

I have some black friends (still alive) that had family members killed or injured in the race riots. Their attitude is similar-- don't let people forget this-- it happened-- it's real-- hatred of the color of another person's skin got so bad that people killed each other over it.

Reading the news, this is still happening-- not just in other parts of the world-- but in the US, too.

I have a lot of gay friends (I live near SF, so this is a natural part of living out here). I saw some of them die in the late 80s from AIDs, as their partners looked on, helpless and feeling totally useless/frustrated. Some of these guys and gals were living in SF when Harvey Milk was killed-- and related to me what it was like. Sadness, acceptance-- but not complacence. A stronger desire to keep going.

These are the same people who are working to get equal rights for same sex couples. The thought of not being able to visit your partner in the hospital when they've been in an accident and are dying and it's after hours (when only spouses or children are allowed, hospital rules) is, to me, insane. I will fight with them to change things like this.

Let me be frank: When I comes to racism, sexism, religious bigotry, or bigotry of any kind, I guess I have an attitude.

That attitude is drawn directly from my life experience: When I was a kid, I'd hear people talking in whispers about mixed race couples. "I just worry for the children", I'd hear the folks my parents age say.

Y'know what?

I hear those same words for children of same sex couples.

Or for the kids of illegal immigrants who are deported.

"I just worry for the children."

Think for a second just what that means.

It means that they're afraid the kids will have trouble from other kids (or adults).

It means that there are parts of society that will treat these kids--and perhaps their parents--poorly.

And it means that the speaker IS OK WITH THIS.

Because they aren't fighting like hell to stop the violence, and teach their kids it's wrong.

They're not going over with a smile, and introducing *their* kid to the "don't belong" kid.

They're just saying they feel sorry for those poor little "don't belong" kids.

I'm happy you have a lot of races in your school classes, Icy.

When I was born, that didn't happen.

And where I went to school, any black family that moved in, moved their kids into private school (or just plain MOVED) within DAYS-- DAYS!-- of the kid starting school.

Do I feel sorry for those kids?

No.

I go over and talk to them.

Introduce them to *my* friends.

Make them part of *my* world.

I don't shun them.

Sorry for the rant. As I'm fond of saying, the one thing in life I'm most intolerant of ...

. . . is intolerance.

-Russ H.

PS I don't expect to change who you are, or how you see the world, Icy. But I am happy to explain where I'm coming from, in the hopes you can better understand how important this is to me.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
Randall it's people like you that cause open discussion about topics like this is be discouraged on public forums. You jump in and don't discussion the topic at hand, you merely wrote a reply to "insult" someone.

Surely, my first line I was a tad bit irriated that he used a one line quote to "prove his point" but if you bothered to read my post you'd see it didn't change how I feel about Russ

Yes, this debatediscussion might not change our views at all, so why go on with it? Honestly, Russ is older than I am and has experience with things I haven't (ex: Race riots). He has a different view on this than myself and frankly I'd feel if I was robbing myself of his knowledge if I just left it at "we disagree". If I state what I feel he can use what he has learned through experiences with situations that can be linked to this to show me where I am wrong.

Now, I may still disagree with him for the next few posts, and that is fine in my mind. We'll get no where and can just end the discussion. But there is a chance that what he says will make me look at the situation in a different light. I don't have the opportunity to experience what he did and by stating how I feel about this he can tell me howwhy he feels the way he does. Not only do I potentially gain something but perhaps he can realize something through how I feel. At the end of the day if none of this happens we agree to disagree.

Edit: Not only have I not experienced race riots but frankly I hope I don't. I can learn through his experience without having to go through it myself.

your original post came off argumentive but I am not getting into a pissing match about racism with a keyboard warrior on a forum dedicated to making wads of money.... if you got offended by me telling you to take it easy, then you've got to grow some thicker skin

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
Perhaps there was a misconception or just a semantics thing but I have nothing against blacks\gay\jew\whatever. I've had friends that fit all the categories I listed and really felt no different about them than my caucasian friends. Perhaps I misread what you meant and in which case just ignore this. :p

But as I, and hopefully others can see you have a different perspective on this whole issue than myself and the younger people here. I've grown up where blacks were not so (openly, since I must admit there still is some) openly discriminated against. I cannot comment on gays not being discriminated against because of the bs same sex marriage laws (which I feel shouldn't be made a law).

To you, in a sense you've experienced what they've been through because you lived during it. On the other hand though, sure I've seen videos and what not but honestly it isn't the same thing. The emotions you feel are much different when you live through it rather than just watch it or hear about it. Sure I can say I "feel bad" but it doesn't have then same effect of someone who lived through it.

I guess the best way I can explain it is for those who have had to work with people and tell them you're sorry if something went wrong that isn't your fault. Sure you can say "I'm sorry" but really, it's not the same "I'm sorry" as those that actually caused the error and are sincere about it.

I could go on a while but it would just be the same thing really repeated. Glad you could repond to it though Russ.

Oh, and Randall, yes, I am a keyboard warrior (you happy now?). Just seriously, post something of value next time instead of just posting some one sentence comment not dealing with the discussion. Hell, if you posted how much of a F*cking idiot I am and atleast gave evidence behind that claim I wouldn't have to bother with the comment I made to you. Although you better know I would atleast defend my statements.

And Sparlin, I am enjoying your distractions. haha

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Icy-

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess what you're saying is *exactly why* I joined in.

You live in a world where black people can marry white people.

You live in a world where people of the same sex can live together without being lynched.

You live in a world where Italians can marry Germans, and Japanese can marry Americans.

You live in a world where Catholics can marry Protestants-- even in Ireland!

The world was not always that way.

And I think it's [great*amazing*fantastic*incredible] that this is the case.

My god, we have an African American president-- something I thought I'd never see in my lifetime.

I love the world I live in.

And I love the world *you* live in, Icy.

And I *think* I understand why you don't see this as "such a big deal"-- because you haven't lived with the violence, the outright hatred, the segregation, and the "you stay on your side, I'll stay on mine" division of race/religion/sexual preference, etc.

You haven't lost loved ones, and people close to you, over something stupid like the color of their skin, which god they believe in, or whom they like to snuggle with.

I think it's GREAT you are living in a world that sees racial or cultural or religious intermarriage as acceptable.

And I'm really, really NOT trying to p*ss off the other people on these forums-- esp those who may NOT be as happy as I am that it's OK for a German guy to marry a Polish girl (like my brother did).

Or for a brown haired guy to marry a blond haired guy.

Or for a person who was raised-- and firmly believes in-- their Roman Catholic upbringing marrying (or just plain hanging out with) a Buddhist.

I guess my whole point is-- we didn't get to this place by believing that Jew jokes, or N***** jokes, or Mexican jokes, or even blond jokes-- were OK.

Because all of these jokes, at their core, are making fun of someone else.

And the day I see only Mexicans telling Mexican jokes, and Jews telling Jew jokes, and Gays telling Gay jokes-- will be a day I'll remember.

In the meantime, I'll bring this stuff up.

Not to belittle or berate or shame or pee on anyone's parade.

Just to say, simply, "I don't like this kind of humor, and this is why."

Sparlin-- you're right-- I would be the guy at the party that everyone wanted to kick into the pool so they could just keep on going, grooving, and getting mildly toasted.

But I have to say-- I *have* been that guy at a party or two-- and aside from a few people who just rolled their eyes and walked away, I've made better friends because I took the time to share how I felt.

Not in a "shame on you" way.

In a "this is how I feel when you say that" way.

Hope that makes sense.

Back to our regularly scheduled program-- making money, was it? :)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
On a lighter note, the google bots are working hard to come up with appropriate ads for this thread!

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I think, in general people are way to uptight. So what he made a joke about you, that doesn't mean he hates your or anything. People tell jokes about other people all the time, but when someone tells a joke making fun of them they get mad.

This is kinda like the chef on southpark where when they were going to make fun of his religion he quick, but yet he made fun of other people's religion and other things..I don't get it.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Russ,

Just my $0.02 to help you see a little of the other side. I personally found this current joke to be a waste of time and space. It had no merit in a public forum IMHO. That being said, I do not believe all race jokes are making fun of the race, but are sometimes making fun of the people who hold the stereotypes.

Case in point... besides my wife, I have 2 friends I would die for. One black, one white, I am white. Please do not read anything into the order I listed them, because both friends are equally dear to me.

My black friend and I will frequently make jokes with each other about racial stereotypes about each others race. We have both called me a 'cracker', neither has used the term n*****r, but we have made other jokes about stereotypes associated with the black community.

Why? because we are making fun of the people who hold such views. We are mocking them by using their jokes.

All that to illustrate, that not all race jokes are meant at the expense of the race, there are circumstances, especially with today's rampant sarcastic humor that this is not true.

The joke that started this thread however, I would say is at the expense of the races in question.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What, a bad politically incorrect race joke and not one Family Guy video?

Here's one that teases Christians, generalizes how a typical man thinks, and objectifies women ... all in 25 seconds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkIS3G64ug0]YouTube - Family Guy - How do we know you're Jesus?[/ame]

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
the fact this thread got more responses in 24 hours than some of the best posts regarding making money on this forum combined with the fact that justifying borderline racism is downright ridiculous.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
OK ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP>

the fact this thread got more responses in 24 hours than some of the best posts regarding making money on this forum combined with the fact that justifying borderline racism is downright ridiculous

Look... Everyone is so quick to play the PC Raciest Card.... Yet I bet you guys are just as prejudice in your own ways. The Fact is... comments like yours just spur on this debate...as I'm sure this one will.

Everyone says... You shouldn't say such and such about so and so. Yeah ok...maybe not. So the question is, what have you done lately other than criticize people? (in general,not you specifically Randall) Have you gone to someone of the opposite race, outside of you normal environment (work, gym, etc.) and talked to them lately? or do you just pass on the other side of the sidewalk or shopping isle when you see someone different. You want to take race out of this? Fine...
When the last time you offered a homeless person a sandwich, and if so... Did you approach him? or did you just do it because he was harassing you for money and you wanted to ease your conscience? If you have...good for you... Did you take the time to have a meaningful conversation or did you just patronize him until your "civil service" was up?

The point is, People are people, regardless of race or financial status. It is their attitudes and how they choose to look a life that determine if they are respectable or not.

I look at the arguments and I see both sides of the equation. Yes, people should be color blind when it comes to race. The problem is, too many people think that means you have to be just plain blind.

If a Mexican citizen wants to come here and start a new life. Good, that is what America is about, but do it legally. You say, oh, they are just good people trying to make a living. To some extent that's true, but there is also a lot of bad that comes with the good.

Everyone (any race) lies to cops. Mexicans nationals, IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, do it very often. "No hablo English" until you waste 30 minutes trying to establish the most basic of information while investing a crime they've committed (i.e. speeding, drunk driving) then when you say, "you are about to go to jail" they suddenly become enlightened and speak English fine.

Illegal immigration is a problem, plain and simple. Apart from the Mexican citizens, people for all over the world filter up through the border. Crimes and violence are associated with a significant, even if not a majority, of these individuals. Most Mexicans (as in from the country of Mexico) are pleasant in nature. However they do not feel any need to comply with our laws. They use the language barrier and cultural differences to skirt our legal system and they do it with a smile.

The Smile part is where people miss the point. They think that is someone is nice, it makes it ok to break the law. Does that mean you want 10 smiling drunks driving around as opposed to 10 grumpy ones?

Let's just sum this up.

A joke was made in poor taste. It was based on the fact that many Americans feel frustrated by the problem of illegal immigration. Yes, it does affect your everyday lives. I won't even start on the Arab angle, well maybe just a little. Most Muslims are very nice in my experience and they try harder to comply with laws. The only problem is the extremist who go way too far to "spread the religion" BOOM. Yes.. that was a joke.. aimed at a very SMALL percentage of the Muslim population.

The bottom line is, you should be free to say what you want to in America.
If you don't like it, you can disagree and even comment, but this whole idea of labeling someone a racist just because of one stupid joke is just as irresponsible as the action of posting it.

Geez people. Let's try to look at the world a little more realistically please.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.