The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Drop Out to Building a $95,000/mo service business

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
Hey Fastlaners!

I am starting a home service business in exterior cleaning.

Here's a bit of my background. I just turned 20 years old. When I was 16, I moved out of my parents' house and flew outside of my country to continue my studies in Canada since there is no future for me in my home country. During that time, I learned a lot about responsibility, accountability, and survival skills. I continued high school and graduated in 2021.

During that time, I started editing YouTube videos for famous YouTubers as a side hustle and flipping computer desktops from Facebook Marketplace for a living. After graduating from high school, I got accepted into one of the top 3 universities in Canada in computer science. However, my first year was awful. I hated the whole system, and I knew I didn't want to follow the conventional path of finishing school and getting a job for the rest of my life. I have always had an entrepreneurial mindset, but I lacked information and the motivation to start something. As a result, after my first year, I was put on probation for eight months due to my lack of performance.

That's when my education began. I decided to rely on myself and learn whatever I needed to learn, whether it was coding, business, or anything else. I started reading books on March 1, 2023, just 25 days ago. The first book I read was TMF , and it changed my whole mindset. I have set myself up to read a book every week for the rest of this year on sales, communication, human nature, and money.

I decided to start a home service business, with my first approach being to clean windows and then upsell from there (exterior gutter cleaning, vinyl siding, etc.). I wake up every day at 5 am and sleep at 10 pm. I am also fasting this whole month for Ramadan, so cleaning may be a bit exhausting, but I won't mind it.

Yesterday, March 24, 2023, I designed a logo, got all the equipment for window cleaning, and had the logo printed on my t-shirt and cap to look official, all for around $250. By 12:30, I picked a neighborhood and started door-knocking. At first, I was a bit nervous, my mouth was dry, but I had to start; otherwise, I would live with regret.

So, I knocked on the first door in the neighborhood (mind you, I had never cleaned a window/frame/screen before in my life, but I had the equipment and was ready to learn on the go). The homeowner was an old man who had just returned from a trip, and we agreed on $250 for the two floors. I was nervous at that point; I never thought I would be doing this in my life. I got all the equipment and started cleaning; each window took me about 5 to 6 tries. There were screens on the upper floor, and I didn't have a ladder with me, so I took $100 off for just cleaning the first floor.

It took me about 2 hours, and it should have taken me 30 minutes if I had already practiced the techniques. The homeowner also mentioned that he wanted the siding of the house cleaned, something I had no idea about. However, I told him I'd do it for him for $300, and now I have him scheduled for Wednesday.

I will be buying a ladder that fits a Honda Civic today since most jobs will require it. It will cost $360. I will also register my business ($60 to $200) and will look to hire someone later this week after I do a few jobs myself. Doing the jobs myself will slow me down a lot, so my plan is to have someone who does all the jobs while I go knocking all day later this week. But for now, I will be doing everything myself to get more capital.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
@piano we told you not to give up and chase "easy" money bro

Or you could hire google and facebook to do the door knocking. I heard they're more effective
Why are you trying to introduce needless complexity when OP is getting off the ground and seeing success in a brand new venture with his first prospecting method as he works out of a honda civic?

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022

Why are you trying to introduce needless complexity when OP is getting off the ground and seeing success in a brand new venture with his first prospecting method as he works out of a honda civic?
Well it would easier than finding and hiring employees

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Awesome

Now is the time to collect data. What’s the most common work. How cheap can you acquire customers. Track job type and length and how often you can close at a given price point.

Then hire a dude as soon as possible because it will make you a better manager and think like a business owner instead of being self employed. Track which things are easiest to train or harder to train.

The best business model would be to do the simplest services that you can train an employee to do in one day.

Set revenue goals and hit them, then do it again.

Think about what your business would look like at a larger scale. How could you handle 500 customers, 10 thousand? If you make these things the focus of your thoughts they will become reality.

If you see that things are going good and you are making good money just managing things, the next step would be opening new locations, either being corporate owned or through franchising.

Great job taking action you have already beaten out the vast majority of people.

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
Awesome

Now is the time to collect data. What’s the most common work. How cheap can you acquire customers. Track job type and length and how often you can close at a given price point.

Then hire a dude as soon as possible because it will make you a better manager and think like a business owner instead of being self employed. Track which things are easiest to train or harder to train.

The best business model would be to do the simplest services that you can train an employee to do in one day.

Set revenue goals and hit them, then do it again.

Think about what your business would look like at a larger scale. How could you handle 500 customers, 10 thousand? If you make these things the focus of your thoughts they will become reality.

If you see that things are going good and you are making good money just managing things, the next step would be opening new locations, either being corporate owned or through franchising.

Great job taking action you have already beaten out the vast majority of people.
Hey Johnny! I read your previous post about your success, and it was really inspiring. It got me all fired up and ready to start working toward my goals!

The past few days have been quite interesting. On my first day, I discovered a telescopic ladder that could fit easily in my car trunk. However, I wasn't able to get it until Monday. So, for the weekend, I searched on Facebook and found a guy who was willing to work with me. I spoke to him about the job, but he didn't speak much English. Nonetheless, he was a hard worker, and I decided to hire him. Since he didn't have a car, I had to pick him up and drop him off. Thankfully, he only lived 10 minutes away, so it wasn't a big deal.

On Monday, I purchased the ladder for $250 and started knocking on doors around 12:30 pm. I'm using a fantastic app called SalesRabbit, which tracks all the doors I knock on. It also allows me to record who answered and if I closed the sale or not. Additionally, it collects the customer's information, such as their name and address. It's an excellent tool for anyone who's doing something similar, and it's completely free (not sponsored).

I closed my first sale at the second door, which was a lady for $330. I immediately picked up the worker and headed over to the lady's house. It took me an hour to teach him everything he needed to know about cleaning techniques, and then he got to work. While he was cleaning, I continued to knock on doors. During that time, I closed another sale for $300, but unfortunately, the customer came back to cancel because of his wife's objections. There wasn't much I could do about it. After that, I closed another sale for $450. However, I made a foolish mistake. The customer wanted a receipt, which I couldn't provide because my business wasn't registered yet. I didn't expect anyone to ask for it, and as a result, they lost their trust in me, and I lost the sale. It was a learning experience, and I now know what to do next time.

The worker did an excellent job finishing the task in 3 hours, which left the customer delighted and earned a profit of $260 for the day. I am currently saving up to buy better equipment, which will significantly reduce the time taken to complete the job. With the new equipment, it should take approximately 40 minutes to finish the work, and I plan on purchasing it next week if sales continue to be strong.

On Tuesday, I started canvassing at 10:00 am and successfully closed the first house that answered, earning $330. I immediately called the worker and picked him up, and we started working on the job by 11:00 am. After dropping him off and providing all the necessary equipment, which only took five minutes, I continued to knock on doors, engaging with everyone, including neighbors walking their dogs. I made an appointment for mid-April with an elderly lady I met while she was out walking her dog, and the job is worth $500. I also have another potential $330 job that I will follow up on today.

The worker finished the house in four hours, and as he finished, the customer's neighbor pulled up. I pitched the neighbor, and it resulted in a $170 job, which took another two hours.

Overall, the day was successful, and I ended up with a pure profit of $400.

Today, I officially registered my business and purchased all the necessary domains and materials, which amounted to a total of $466. At 10:30, I have a customer scheduled that I plan to upsell from $330 to around $500, and I will personally do the job, as I have not previously washed vinyl before. After completing the project, I plan to follow up with potential clients and continue seeking new leads until I successfully close a deal.

As recently as the end of February, I was working tirelessly as a security guard, slaving for 12-hour shifts consecutively, earning only $330 for every 24-hour period I worked in a two-day span. I chose to change. I booked a flight in early March to visit my family for 20 days and quit that job. During this time, I dedicated myself to learning, reading, and personal growth. Upon returning, I launched this business, and it has already generated over $1,000 in profit, requiring less than 24 hours of work. I am not sure where I will be in the next month or two, but I am confident that my actions will speak for themselves. This is the result of committing to a massive, all-in approach, removing all distractions from social media platforms such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter. I have no backup plan and no intention of diverting from my path. I hope this motivational speech inspires you to do the same.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Damn brb adding this service to our business lol.

Great job!

The primary thing that I would be excited about would be how high of a percentage people are saying yes.

That's mind-blowing. It means there's thousands waiting on every street in your town, and most towns in your state, etc.

Do the math, it's all waiting there for you to take.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Upgraded to NOTABLE for action taking, door knocking, figuring it out after the jump, and increasing your rate of pay for each hour traded. Congrats on getting started on bigger things! Although I'm not sure how you arrived at 96K/mo? Is that your forecast?

G

Guest931Xfjyx

You mentioned that you previously worked as a Security Guard and immigrated to Canada, and I'm in the same situation, I'm a Security Guard and I've immigrated to Canada.

Difference is, you've actually taken action on a business that provides value and that shows signs of massive growth. This is an incredibly inspiring read. Forces me to realize how much time I'm actually squandering.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
You mentioned that you previously worked as a Security Guard and immigrated to Canada, and I'm in the same situation, I'm a Security Guard and I've immigrated to Canada.

Difference is, you've actually taken action on a business that provides value and that shows signs of massive growth. This is an incredibly inspiring read. Forces me to realize how much time I'm actually squandering.

I told you. It's in your brain now. It's not going to leave you alone... ;)

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
Damn brb adding this service to our business lol.

Great job!

The primary thing that I would be excited about would be how high of a percentage people are saying yes.

That's mind-blowing. It means there's thousands waiting on every street in your town, and most towns in your state, etc.

Do the math, it's all waiting there for you to take.
Definitely add it (if you have good equipment). It won't take more than an hour.

When getting into this business, my main focus was on how to have a high closing rate, and I forgot about ads, websites, and social media accounts. Now that I know what I am doing is somewhat right, I can start focusing on my social media presence.

For now, my dataset is relatively small. I knocked on 178 doors, 61 of which answered, and I was able to close 6 of them. So, for now, I have an approximate 10% closing rate, which is not high. However, I need to talk to 1000 homeowners to get more accurate numbers. It is all a numbers game. I just need to knock on more doors; that's literally it.

Upgraded to NOTABLE for action taking, door knocking, figuring it out after the jump, and increasing your rate of pay for each hour traded. Congrats on getting started on bigger things! Although I'm not sure how you arrived at 96K/mo? Is that your forecast?
Thank you @MJ DeMarco !! 95k is what I got from the business system target from the book. I see it seems misleading, I will change it now

I am a Canadian citizen; however, I didn't know much about the country and didn't move here until I was 16. My parents decided to live in our home country where all our family is located.

I chose to work in security because, depending on the position you choose, you can find ways to read and study while on the job, especially during night shifts. You can take advantage of your position while earning an income to develop your skills and grow, ultimately leading to starting something new. When I first came to Canada, I, like many other immigrants, had poor communication skills. I recommend reading books about communication and improving your vocabulary, as it is vital for selling. I worked temporarily until I "figured something out"

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
Yesterday, I borrowed a small pressure washer from a friend and used it for a job with a customer. I purchased a few additional accessories for $70 since some parts were missing, and it took some time for me to figure everything out on the spot. As I was working, the homeowner came outside to watch, and I acted confidently, connecting everything together like an expert. I had already planned to upsell the customer, so as I was finishing, I called him outside to show him something important. Since I had already washed his vinyl, I offered him exterior gutter washing at no extra cost. However, the dirt from the gutter washing had landed on the windows, so I convinced him that he needed his windows cleaned right away. People buy with emotions and justify with logic, and it worked. He agreed to pay an additional $200, I called my worker, and we finished everything within an hour and a half despite the sudden bad weather with snow and strong winds. Pure profit from one customer was $400.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Yesterday, I borrowed a small pressure washer from a friend and used it for a job with a customer. I purchased a few additional accessories for $70 since some parts were missing, and it took some time for me to figure everything out on the spot. As I was working, the homeowner came outside to watch, and I acted confidently, connecting everything together like an expert. I had already planned to upsell the customer, so as I was finishing, I called him outside to show him something important. Since I had already washed his vinyl, I offered him exterior gutter washing at no extra cost. However, the dirt from the gutter washing had landed on the windows, so I convinced him that he needed his windows cleaned right away. People buy with emotions and justify with logic, and it worked. He agreed to pay an additional $200, I called my worker, and we finished everything within an hour and a half despite the sudden bad weather with snow and strong winds. Pure profit from one customer was $400.
Also the fact that you're doing this while fasting makes it even more inspiring. Following!

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
I'm really making an effort to find time to update this thread, which has been great fun! However, after the last day, I was very demotivated and felt down, reconsidering my decision to continue with my work. I knocked on about 10 doors, but stopped because I just wasn't in the mood.

I went back home, took the day off, and made some changes. I redesigned the logo and changed the name a bit. I also purchased new domains, which cost me another $210, but I'd rather change everything now than regret it later. Moreover, since I already know how to code, I paid a guy from overseas $120 for a website Figma design. After receiving the design, I had two options. The first was to code the website myself, which would take about a full day or two. The second was to pay someone $800 to $1k to code it for me.

I did neither. Instead, I went on a coding group where I was a member and posted, "I have a Figma design, whoever wants to code it can put it on their resume as freelance experience." BOOM, I was flooded with DMs. I chose one guy, and everything is going great for absolutely $0. I love the website so far, and people can fill in a form with their info, and I can contact them back with a quote. However, I still need to find out what integrations I need to make with it, probably a CRM. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know. The guy is almost done with it. I took good sleep and started Saturday fueled with energy.

I started the day early and went to a new neighborhood with way bigger houses (three floors). I wasn't sure if I would be able to clean the top floor, but I figured it out. I started knocking on doors, and after ten attempts, I closed a lady for $500, the biggest price I had given, and honestly, it felt so normal now, just another day! Jokes aside, I called the worker, and we finished in about three hours. As we wrapped up, I pitched her neighbor, and closed another deal for $470. That house took a bit more time, close to 5 hours, but I finished the day with around $800 in profit, so I was close to the $1k milestone.

Yesterday was quite nice. I started with a middle-class neighborhood with a maximum of two floors because three was difficult for us right now. It was a really nice neighborhood, and I found a lot of sales here. I closed three houses for a total of $780, but I could have done more if my worker could keep up. While he cleaned, I kept knocking on doors, and as the neighbors kept coming from their jobs, I closed four more houses that I had scheduled for today! I told my worker to bring his cousin today to help him finish quicker. I already have more people booked for today than I have ever had in one day, and I haven't even started knocking on doors yet.

So what I did yesterday was something different from what I usually do. Normally, I stop knocking by 4 pm and wait for the worker to finish the job and go home by 5ish. I would be very drained by that time since I am fasting and can't wait for the sun to set. However, yesterday, I noted down the neighbors that didn't answer, and by 5 or 6 pm, while my worker was at a job site, I went back to the houses that didn't answer and pitched them again. That's how I was able to book four more people. My closing rate was an astonishing 23.3%! Out of the 30 people I pitched to, I was able to close 7. While I don't expect it to stay that high, I'll keep pushing and see what happens, 'Inshallah'.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
@Jaylonwaffle Can you mention the books you read about sales and entrepreneurship.
I haven't read much about sales yet, but so far Sell or Be Sold, and I'm getting started with "Getting to Yes", and "The Art of Closing a Sale". But I would say I learned the most about sales from a private mentor that has been doing d2d sales for a few years and he's been very successful.

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
I FINALLY DID IT!!

I achieved over $1,000 in a single day, which is absolutely astounding. Just a month ago, I was working grueling 12-hour shifts as a security guard, but yesterday I made $1,340 in profits, equivalent to half of my monthly salary! The photo is not to boast, but to inspire those who may need it. It's possible to achieve success if you go all in, just like I did. If you had told me a month ago that I would be achieving these numbers, I would have laughed in disbelief. I remember reading @GravyBoat 's posts about his journey and seeing photos like the ones I'm posting now, and it ignited a fire within me.

It took me only 14 days since starting this business to have days with four-figure earnings. Hard work is no joke; I've been putting in 12-14 hour days easily, but I absolutely love the process because I know I'm building a better future for myself, the "event". Not for a boss or a company that doesn't give a f*ck about me, but for me. I already have two employees working 8-10 hours a day trying to keep up with my sales, but they can't. I had to stop door-knocking in the last 4 hours of the day because we were overbooked and they couldn't keep up. They can only do about 7-8 houses a day. I'm not taking a penny for myself; I'm reinvesting all the money back into the business.

I am ordering a lot of equipment that will significantly speed up the process, cutting the time in half. Each employee will then be able to complete 6-7 houses a day, for a total of about 15 houses. The equipment is large and won't fit in my Honda Civic, so I'll be looking to get a cargo van by next week to transport them.

My website has been fully designed, and I'm currently working on filling in the copywriting, which should be done in a day or two for the website to go live. I'm also now listed on Google Maps and will be asking my friends to post reviews there. I've opened a business bank account and am waiting for the card to arrive so I can start advertising on Google and Facebook. I'm also considering hiring someone to do door-knocking, which would reduce my physical presence in the business.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 54

azizb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 6, 2023
I FINALLY DID IT!!

I achieved over $1,000 in a single day, which is absolutely astounding. Just a month ago, I was working grueling 12-hour shifts as a security guard, but yesterday I made $1,340 in profits, equivalent to half of my monthly salary! The photo is not to boast, but to inspire those who may need it. It's possible to achieve success if you go all in, just like I did. If you had told me a month ago that I would be achieving these numbers, I would have laughed in disbelief. I remember reading @GravyBoat 's posts about his journey and seeing photos like the ones I'm posting now, and it ignited a fire within me.

It took me only 14 days since starting this business to have days with four-figure earnings. Hard work is no joke; I've been putting in 12-14 hour days easily, but I absolutely love the process because I know I'm building a better future for myself, the "event". Not for a boss or a company that doesn't give a f*ck about me, but for me. I already have two employees working 8-10 hours a day trying to keep up with my sales, but they can't. I had to stop door-knocking in the last 4 hours of the day because we were overbooked and they couldn't keep up. They can only do about 7-8 houses a day. I'm not taking a penny for myself; I'm reinvesting all the money back into the business.

I am ordering a lot of equipment that will significantly speed up the process, cutting the time in half. Each employee will then be able to complete 6-7 houses a day, for a total of about 15 houses. The equipment is large and won't fit in my Honda Civic, so I'll be looking to get a cargo van by next week to transport them.

My website has been fully designed, and I'm currently working on filling in the copywriting, which should be done in a day or two for the website to go live. I'm also now listed on Google Maps and will be asking my friends to post reviews there. I've opened a business bank account and am waiting for the card to arrive so I can start advertising on Google and Facebook. I'm also considering hiring someone to do door-knocking, which would reduce my physical presence in the business.
Alhamduillah

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Holy shit, how did I not see this?
Sorry Ricardo for my past reply! I only skimmed very roughly through that thread back then and had no idea it was about window cleaning, etc. Thank you for trying to show it to me!

Oh and thank you @savefox as well! I don't know how I don't see some threads lol.

Now to you, Jaylon, awesome work!
Amazing that you're doing this and I'm also jealous now that I don't live in North America :rofl: at least we have working health care :crying_wojak_mask:
But I would say I learned the most about sales from a private mentor that has been doing d2d sales for a few years and he's been very successful.
Josh Lester by any chance?

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Mar 15, 2023
I FINALLY DID IT!!

Hi Jaylon, I just wanted to reach out and let you know how truly impressed I am with your journey. It's inspiring to see someone achieve their goals through hard work and dedication. I've been following your progress for a while now, and it's incredible to see how far you've come. I remember when you first started selling your service without knowing how to clean, and now you're making four digits in a single day! Your future business plans sound fantastic, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to succeed. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others to pursue their dreams with passion and determination.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I FINALLY DID IT!!

Hey man crazy how much you getting for those Jobs. I really need to up my prices haha. Inspirational to see.

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
Amazing that you're doing this and I'm also jealous now that I don't live in North America :rofl: at least we have working health care :crying_wojak_mask:
If you're targeting Europe, I believe your business can still thrive. By focusing on the wealthiest neighborhoods, creating value, and effectively communicating the problem of "dirty windows" to potential customers, you can convince them to invest in your service regardless of the cost. You'll be offering them a solution that enhances their quality of life, brings them satisfaction, and makes their lives easier and happier.

Josh Lester by any chance?

Not sure who that is

Hi Jaylon, I just wanted to reach out and let you know how truly impressed I am with your journey. It's inspiring to see someone achieve their goals through hard work and dedication. I've been following your progress for a while now, and it's incredible to see how far you've come. I remember when you first started selling your service without knowing how to clean, and now you're making four digits in a single day! Your future business plans sound fantastic, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to succeed. Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others to pursue their dreams with passion and determination.
Thank you, I truly appreciate your support! I can clearly envision the future of my business as well. I see myself expanding to multiple cities with a fleet of vans and a team of employees. By the end of this summer, my goal is to serve another city with four vans, two dedicated to equipment and the other two for my employees. I'm excited about the growth prospects and looking forward to achieving my vision!

Hey man crazy how much you getting for those Jobs. I really need to up my prices haha. Inspirational to see.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm focused on creating significant value for my customers and ensuring they feel like they're getting a fantastic deal for the price they're paying. My goal is to exceed their expectations and provide a service that they consider to be worth much more than what they're paying for.

Last edited:

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
I apologize for not updating earlier, a lot has happened since my last post. After achieving a significant milestone, I experienced a series of setbacks that caused my confidence to plummet. I was unable to replicate the success I had previously enjoyed, which was a tough experience that many entrepreneurs go through but rarely talk about. To rebuild my confidence, I took a two-week break and used the time to order equipment worth $3.6k.

Fast forward to April 23rd, my first day back on the job. Although I had to take time off for family arrangements, I managed to make $500. The next day, I knocked on doors from noon and made $1,050 by the end of the day. My worker was busy for seven to eight hours straight, and I made sure not to repeat the mistakes of the past by keeping my emotions under control. The next day, I started at 10 am, and by 3 pm, I had made $1,250, with two bookings worth $750 for the next day. I ended up making a total of $1,950 that day.

To improve my performance, I began recording myself on the doors and reviewing the footage at home. This helped me refine my scripts, analyze my tone, and identify areas where I could improve. Additionally, I started keeping track of the doors I knocked on, the number of doors answered, and the number of people I closed. This gave me a more accurate understanding of my conversion rates.

In summary, I've been in business for one month and have made approximately $9.5k in revenue and incurred $4.5k in expenses (though the numbers aren't entirely accurate since I wasn't using anything to track my income and expenses). My goal for this month is to reach $15k, and I believe that I can achieve $20k with some effort.

This month, I plan to expand by getting a van and a trailer, buying more equipment, and hiring more workers to complete all the jobs. Once I have more cleaners than the jobs available, I'll start training door knockers to get jobs for me.

Overall, my journey as an entrepreneur has been full of ups and downs, but I'm determined to learn from my mistakes and keep moving forward.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
I apologize for not updating earlier, a lot has happened since my last post. After achieving a significant milestone, I experienced a series of setbacks that caused my confidence to plummet. I was unable to replicate the success I had previously enjoyed, which was a tough experience that many entrepreneurs go through but rarely talk about. To rebuild my confidence, I took a two-week break and used the time to order equipment worth $3.6k.

Fast forward to April 23rd, my first day back on the job. Although I had to take time off for family arrangements, I managed to make $500. The next day, I knocked on doors from noon and made $1,050 by the end of the day. My worker was busy for seven to eight hours straight, and I made sure not to repeat the mistakes of the past by keeping my emotions under control. The next day, I started at 10 am, and by 3 pm, I had made $1,250, with two bookings worth $750 for the next day. I ended up making a total of $1,950 that day.

To improve my performance, I began recording myself on the doors and reviewing the footage at home. This helped me refine my scripts, analyze my tone, and identify areas where I could improve. Additionally, I started keeping track of the doors I knocked on, the number of doors answered, and the number of people I closed. This gave me a more accurate understanding of my conversion rates.

In summary, I've been in business for one month and have made approximately $9.5k in revenue and incurred $4.5k in expenses (though the numbers aren't entirely accurate since I wasn't using anything to track my income and expenses). My goal for this month is to reach $15k, and I believe that I can achieve $20k with some effort.

This month, I plan to expand by getting a van and a trailer, buying more equipment, and hiring more workers to complete all the jobs. Once I have more cleaners than the jobs available, I'll start training door knockers to get jobs for me.

Overall, my journey as an entrepreneur has been full of ups and downs, but I'm determined to learn from my mistakes and keep moving forward.
Very impressive 9,5k in your first month ! Not many people can achieve this, back in 2013 i did maybe 9,5k in 6 months
(i also worked full time)

EthanH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jun 19, 2020
Manchester

Awesome thread Jaylon. I'm in the process of setting up an exterior cleaning business in the UK so its very inspiring seeing someone execute so well. Any updates on how its going?

Jaylonwaffle

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,147%
Mar 8, 2023
I EXCEEDED MY $20K GOAL FOR MY 2nd MONTH IN THIS BUSINESS.

It's incredible how time flies by so quickly. I still vividly remember the day I joined this forum to embark on a business venture with an uncertain future. I dove into it wholeheartedly, unaware of what the outcome would be. I relied solely on my determination and belief that hard work and continuous learning would pave the way for success. In one extraordinary day during my second month in this business, I managed to earn $3K, surpassing my previous monthly salary as a security guard.

Over the course of 20 days, my total revenue amounted to $24.8K, with $20K in profit. This allowed me to acquire a van and order additional equipment. With two workers already on board, the arrival of my third piece of equipment enables me to have a team of three. However, as I spend my days knocking on doors, I have reached a bottleneck in my earnings, unable to exceed $2K - $3K per day. This has led me to contemplate training a door-knocking team, which serves as my next challenge and goal for this month. Now that I have more equipment and workers than available jobs, I aim to professionally onboard and train a sales team. I have already secured someone on contract to join me at the end of this month, and I have received numerous applications from individuals interested in joining. However, to maintain a professional image and portray the presence of a full team, I intend to handle the onboarding process meticulously, ensuring it does not appear as if I am single-handedly running the company.

Consequently, I have delegated my door-knocking responsibilities to my brother. While I provided him with some training, it was not as comprehensive as the training I plan to give my sales team. This arrangement allows him to generate income while I focus on building the sales team. My current focus involves investing in software to manage door knockers effectively. Additionally, I am creating a training course, which will enable me to hire multiple door knockers without personally dedicating excessive time to train each one. By the end of this month, my objective is to hire at least three door knockers, thereby expanding my team of cleaners. While my brother and I will continue to door knock, a significant portion of our time will be spent managing the crew.

During my second month, I achieved a total revenue of $24,890, with $20,000 in profit. It's important to note that my brother only participated in door-knocking for 10 out of the 20 days.

As I approach my third month, my goal is to reach $40K in revenue. While aiming for $50K poses a greater challenge, I am curious to see how far I can push myself. Furthermore, I plan to acquire another van that can accommodate more than 10 people, aligning with the goals I have set for my fourth month.

By the end of this month, I will update this forum to hold myself accountable for my goals. Reflecting on my progress, I have acquired numerous skills that can be applied to any business endeavor, providing me with a foundation for entrepreneurial success. The formula remains the same; only the variables change.

For anyone considering starting their own business, I urge you to cease contemplation and take action. The potential losses are minimal, and in return, you gain knowledge upon which you can build your entrepreneurial journey, refine your skills, and evolve as an individual. Spare no time on what I call the "ENTREPRENEURIAL STARTER PACK," which includes perfect business cards, an ideal logo, a captivating website, and elaborate costumes. None of these are prerequisites for starting. Believe it or not, to this day, I do not possess a business card. People do not care about such details, and if someone insists on receiving one, it is merely a diversion. What truly matters is reaching out to potential clients, engaging in fieldwork, and getting the job done. THAT'S IT!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.