What's new

E-mail Marketing/Product Creation Fastlane Questions

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Hi,

I have two ideas - both related to e-mail marketing, but I'm not sure which one I should pursue.

My first idea is to create my own product (preferably e-book) from scratch. Here's how I would go about it:

1. Find a problem/niche.
2. Create a simple sales page just to test if anyone is interested and send some paid traffic (500 visitors or so) with Facebook or another ad network. Talk with people who clicked "buy now" (if there are any) and ask them what specific information the product should contain.
3. Product creation - and that's my main problem with this idea. If I want to offer a really incredible product I'll have to outsource product creation (I'm not knowledgeable enough about any topic to create a really killer product, I'm more like a jack of all trades). I have limited budget (so far around $3000, working to save more) and from what I researched I would have to pay at least $1500 for an e-book with 100 pages (and it probably won't be as great as I would like). Moreover, there will be other expenses (such as e-book design, hosting, etc.) and it will probably take a longer while until I have a sales page that's going to convert well (I have no idea how to create a converting sales page). This won't leave me with a lot of money to spend on paid advertising to promote this product.

Here's my second idea:
1. Find a problem in a niche with many great products to promote (probably a much more competitive niche than a niche I would choose with the first idea).
2. Create a free e-mail course (I can outsource it and it won't cost me that much).
3. Promote other people's products throughout my free valuable lessons. I would focus on killer products that are already established and have professional sales pages (something that I won't be able to afford with my current budget).
4. (optional) Get a killer product created by someone else when I have more money to create something really outstanding. With this approach I would basically start making money as an affiliate marketer. In the meantime, I would listen carefully to what my subscribers say and then develop a product to an audience that's already asking for it.

With this approach I would only have to spend money for the creation of this free e-mail course (probably something like $15 per e-mail) or maybe even I would be able to create it on my own.

This idea violates the commandment of control to some extent (it's basically affiliate marketing, but at the same time I'm building a list of my potential customers) but if I save enough money I'll be able to create a really killer product and already have an audience hungry for my product.

I have some experience with e-mail marketing and I know how to build a relationship with subscribers. However, I absolutely despise free traffic because it's too time-consuming. I have some experience with CPA and I'd rather spend my time paying for subscribers. That's why I have this dilemma - option #1 doesn't leave me with much money to spend on paid traffic (and my sales page would probably suck in comparison to professional sales pages), option #2 means violating the commandment of control (at least until I have enough money to be able to create my own killer product).

Do you think that I should pursue easier (in my opinion) second idea and just focus on making money now and make this business fastlane later by creating my own product or create my own product from scratch? I would love to read your insights.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vjot ot xjev O xuamf fu op 4 hipisem tviqt.

Mivt tez O en dsievoph e qsufadv 'jux vu qacmotj epf nesliv e cuul'.

1- Tivaq e qsi-usfis qehi epf fsowi qeof vseggod vu ov gsun e tdemecmi tuasdi (Gedicuul, Huuhmi, ivd.). Vji neslivoph ot e xjumi foggisipv tlomm vjev zua tjuamf neli tasi zua jewi fuxp, cav vjev't e xjumi foggisipv dupwistevoup.

2- Xjip O hiv qsi-usfist, O xuamf gopf 10 qiuqmi xju jewi qacmotjif epf neslivif cuult epf fu sidusfif Tlzqi opviswoixt xovj emm ug vjin duwisoph vji neop esiet (josoph ep ifovus, seploph up enebup, qsopvoph ug vji cuul, ivd.)

3- Fimowis opviswoixt vu vji qiuqmi xju qsi-usfisif zuas qsufadv. Veli datvunis giifcedl, gopf uav xjev imti vjiz xepv vu miesp vjev ot puv duwisif vjisi.

4- Ati vji nupiz gsun qsi-usfist gus vu fsowi nusi vseggod uqvonobi vji qsufadv. Vjot xez zua xupv jewi vu qez $1,500 uav ug zuas qudliv vu dsievi vji qsufadv, epf xomm upmz qez vu jewi ov dsievif updi zua wemofevi vji nesliv gus ov.

Cuvj uqvoupt dep neli zua nupiz. Djuuti iovjis upi epf hu 100 xovj ov.

Vjeplt Epfsix!

Xjev tumavoup fu zua ati gus qsi-usfist? Et ges et O lpux xovj QezQem vjisi't pu xez vu tiv aq e qsi-usfis (apmitt zua tonqmz etl vjin vu tipf zua nupiz epf xeov gus vji qsufadv).

Tu op hipisem zua fup'v sidunnipf tivvoph aq e traiibi qehi katv vu dummidv i-neomt, zua'f sevjis dsievi e qsi-usfis temit qehi epf fup'v dupdisp zuastimg xovj caomfoph e motv ev emm, sohjv?

O moli zuas eqqsuedj xovj opviswoixt cideati O'f qsucecmz jewi vu iyqmusi e podji O fup'v lpux nadj ecuav. Juxiwis, xjev't op vjot gus vji qiuqmi xovj xjun zua fu opviswoixt? Fu zua qez vjin us sixesf op epz uvjis xez?

O'n puv tasi O xepv vu hiv opvu eggomoevi neslivoph eheop. O'wi ciip vszoph nepz lopft ug eggomoevi neslivoph gus qetv tiwisem ziest cav ov piwis xuslif ximm gus ni tu O haitt vjev qsufadv dsievoup ot vji xez vu hu.

Vjeplt Epfsix!

Xjev tumavoup fu zua ati gus qsi-usfist? Et ges et O lpux xovj QezQem vjisi't pu xez vu tiv aq e qsi-usfis (apmitt zua tonqmz etl vjin vu tipf zua nupiz epf xeov gus vji qsufadv).

Tu op hipisem zua fup'v sidunnipf tivvoph aq e traiibi qehi katv vu dummidv i-neomt, zua'f sevjis dsievi e qsi-usfis temit qehi epf fup'v dupdisp zuastimg xovj caomfoph e motv ev emm, sohjv?

O moli zuas eqqsuedj xovj opviswoixt cideati O'f qsucecmz jewi vu iyqmusi e podji O fup'v lpux nadj ecuav. Juxiwis, xjev't op vjot gus vji qiuqmi xovj xjun zua fu opviswoixt? Fu zua qez vjin us sixesf op epz uvjis xez?

O'n puv tasi O xepv vu hiv opvu eggomoevi neslivoph eheop. O'wi ciip vszoph nepz lopft ug eggomoevi neslivoph gus qetv tiwisem ziest cav ov piwis xuslif ximm gus ni tu O haitt vjev qsufadv dsievoup ot vji xez vu hu.

Gus qsi-usfist, zua dep dufi zuas uxp, ati Uqvonobi Qsitt, us ep uqip tuasdi tugvxesi demmif timgtvesvis. Ov muult moli timgtvesvis upmz atit Enebup gus qeznipvt, cav O atif qezqem gus ep uqvonobi qsitt traiibi qehi timmoph upi ug nz qsufadvt. Vji traiibi qehi up uqvonobi qsitt dummidvif ineomt (woe e gsii tenqmi ug vji qsufadv ELE e 5 qehi QFG gomi) EPF jef e qsi-temi cavvup. O'n puv tasi og vji ot vji citv eqqsuedj, cav ovt huuf ipuahj vu wemofevi zuas nesliv.

O katv tivaq e temit cavvup epf jef vjin xeov gus vji qsufadv. O efwisvotif ov moli vji qsufadv iyotvif, epf xjip O nefi $100 nz gostv pohjv, O tvezif aq gus 3 fezt vu xsovi e QFG gomi gus vji gostv usfist. Fuxp vji suef O vaspif ov opvu tunivjoph imti. Topdi ov xomm veli zua voni vu dsievi vji qsufadv, O xuamfp'v tahhitv vu efwisvoti moli zua jewi ov (neopmz gus nusem sietupt).

Vjisi esi e muv ug wemai qsuqutovoupt vjev zua dep uggis qiuqmi. Ov siemmz fiqipft up xjev vjiz xepv op sivasp. Tuni zua dep qez, uvjist xomm xepv vu hiv vjios peni uav vjisi, ivd. O'mm ci neloph e vjsief op vji aqdunoph nupvjt ecuav foggisipv xezt O jewi huvvip opgmaipdist vu qsunuvi nz qsufadv/xusl gus ni. O'wi jef mux miwim tadditt upmz up vjot tu qisjeqt tuniupi imti duamf dunnipv civvis vjep O dep up vjot.

Vji vjoph vjev dupdispt ni ot tezoph zua fofpv jewi tadditt op eggomoevi neslivoph. O vjopl vji nutv onqusvepv iminipv ug dsievoph ep opgu qsufadv ot vu ci ecmi vu nesliv ov. O dsievif nz gostv opgu qsufadv cigusi O duamf siemmz nesliv epf ov fofp'v fu et ximm et ov tjuamf jewi cideati ug vjev. Vji upmz xez vu taddiif epf miesp ot vu geom getv epf ugvip.

Reactions: MTF
Vjeplt gus zuas voqt!

O jewi pu ofie jux vu dufi tu O'mm jewi vu ati e siefz-nefi tumavoup.

Vji vjoph vjev dupdispt ni ot tezoph zua fofpv jewi tadditt op eggomoevi neslivoph. O vjopl vji nutv onqusvepv iminipv ug dsievoph ep opgu qsufadv ot vu ci ecmi vu nesliv ov. O dsievif nz gostv opgu qsufadv cigusi O duamf siemmz nesliv epf ov fofp'v fu et ximm et ov tjuamf jewi cideati ug vjev. Vji upmz xez vu taddiif epf miesp ot vu geom getv epf ugvip.

Xjev fu zua niep cz "ci ecmi vu nesliv ov"? Esi zua vemloph ecuav duqzxsovoph us fsowoph vseggod?

O fofp'v jewi nadj tadditt xovj eggomoevi neslivoph cideati ug tiwisem sietupt.

Gostv epf gusinutv, tuni ug nz qsunuvoupem nivjuft xisi simzoph up TIU us O vjuahjv vjev O dep neli nupiz cz tonqmz qavvoph ep ef op vji tofices ug nz tovi. Vjev't puv siemmz eggomoevi neslivoph.

Tidupfmz, O djuti tuni cef neslivt xovjuav nepz cazist cideati O gummuxif "fu xjev zua muwi" efwodi. O dsievif vxu qsufadvt op vji timg-onqsuwinipv podji xovj nz catopitt qesvpis cav vjiz fofp'v timm ximm (qsucecmz cideati xi fofp'v fu epz qsuqis sitiesdj).

Vjosfmz, epf vjev't qsucecmz vji xustv vjoph, ot vjev O jewi pu ofie jux vu xsovi e huuf temit qehi epf O sigati vu ati tmiebz neslivoph nivjuft (geli "duqoit migv" duapvist, tvevoph vjev e qsodi ot sifadif xjip ov't puv, ivd.) vu timm tunivjoph.

O jewi iyqisoipdi xovj qeof vseggod epf gsii vseggod tu fsowoph veshivif mieft tjuamfp'v ci nadj ug e qsucmin.

Vji nutv foggodamv qesv gus ni ot vu duni aq xovj e huuf ofie (itqidoemmz op e podji O fup'v lpux epzvjoph ecuav epf fuitp'v opvisitv ni), dsievi e huuf qsufadv, epf vjip dsievi e temit qehi. Nusiuwis, Iphmotj ot nz tidupf mephaehi epf vjev't nz epuvjis uctvedmi (i.h. og O xisi vu fu ep opviswoix qiuqmi nez puv moli/apfistvepf nz eddipv; ov't vji teni xovj dumf demmoph). O lpux vjev O'mm iovjis jewi vu tviq uavtofi nz dungusv bupi us gudat up nz pevowi duapvsz (xjodj O fup'v xepv vu fu cideati ov't nadj jesfis vu timm vjopht upmopi jisi epf O xuamf jewi vu djeshi nadj mitt gus vji teni enuapv ug xusl).

Duamf zua howi ni epz voqt sihesfoph heopoph neslivoph tlommt? O haitt vjev ov fuitp'v neli tipti vu dsievi epz iyqiptowi opguqsufadvt (miv emupi TeeT) og nz temit tlommt esi medloph cideati O xup'v ci ecmi vu timm vjin.

Duamf zua howi ni epz voqt sihesfoph heopoph neslivoph tlommt? O haitt vjev ov fuitp'v neli tipti vu dsievi epz iyqiptowi opguqsufadvt (miv emupi TeeT) og nz temit tlommt esi medloph cideati O xup'v ci ecmi vu timm vjin.

Gus sietupt moli vjot, vjev't xjz O vjopl vji qsi-temi nivjuf ot vji citv. Og zua dep'v timm vji qsufadv; zua fup'v neli vji qsufadv. Ov emm dunit fuxp vu qsedvodoph epf geomoph apvom zua "eddofipvmz fup'v geom". Hiv up Gedicuul us Huuhmi epf fsowi veshivif vseggod vu zuas Uqvonobi Qsitt qehi epf tii xjev dunit gsun ov.

Gus temit duqz epf emm vjev - Detjwisvotoph ot e huuf cuul vjev dep jimq zua xovj vjev.

Vjeplt gus vji sidunnipfevoup epf jimq Epfsix. O'n huoph vu hsec Detjwisvotoph epf sief ov.

Opvisitvoph ofie, vjeplt gus vji mopl.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom