The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ebook publishing worth it today?

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 3, 2018
Hello,

my last project, unfortunately, went nowhere. So I am looking for a new project. I stumbled upon ebook publishing, but I am not sure if that even makes sense in 2023 anymore.

I know that control can be a problem in this business because you need to publish on Amazon and other sales channels that you don't have complete control over, but I am just looking for something that I could get to 5 figures per month so that I can leave the corporate world. Then I would start other projects where I have more control.

Would you say that this is still possible? Or is it too late to get to five figures/too much effort, and my time would be better spent on something else?

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello,

my last project, unfortunately, went nowhere. So I am looking for a new project. I stumbled upon ebook publishing, but I am not sure if that even makes sense in 2023 anymore.

I know that control can be a problem in this business because you need to publish on Amazon and other sales channels that you don't have complete control over, but I am just looking for something that I could get to 5 figures per month so that I can leave the corporate world. Then I would start other projects where I have more control.

Would you say that this is still possible? Or is it too late to get to five figures/too much effort, and my time would be better spent on something else?

Thanks.
An eBook is just a way how to deliver value / help people. Some people will be able to sell them, others won't.

Have you checked out @Lex DeVille 's recent thread here:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
562%
Apr 17, 2022
but I am not sure if that even makes sense in 2023 anymore.
It makes sense if it solves a problem.

If you're looking for a gimmick for making a quick buck, it doesn't matter if the year is 1800, 2023 or 2500. The end result will be the same:

Mediocrity and money chasing wantepreneurship - bad input, bad output.

I am just looking for something that I could get to 5 figures per month so that I can leave the corporate world.

The only person in this world that cares about your freedom and wellbeing is you.

The market doesn't care who you are or what are your wishes, desires, or favorite color.

Make the goal helping other people solve their problems. Deliver value to the masses.

Your own financial success will be the byproduct.

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 3, 2018
An eBook is just a way how to deliver value / help people. Some people will be able to sell them, others won't.

Have you checked out @Lex DeVille 's recent thread here:

Thanks, I'll look that up.

Ywan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Dec 3, 2018
It makes sense if it solves a problem.

If you're looking for a gimmick for making a quick buck, it doesn't matter if the year is 1800, 2023 or 2500. The end result will be the same:

Mediocrity and money chasing wantepreneurship - bad input, bad output.

The only person in this world that cares about your freedom and wellbeing is you.

The market doesn't care who you are or what are your wishes, desires, or favorite color.

Make the goal helping other people solve their problems. Deliver value to the masses.

Your own financial success will be the byproduct.
That makes absolute sense. Thank you.

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018

I love that viewpoint. With it, an entrepreneur is basically a scientist that is doing experiments.

He makes a hypothesis and then tests how the market reacts to it by making a corresponding offer. The results are elicited, and then adjustments are made to the hypothesis (or a new one is made), which is then tested again.

There are no failures, only new information - which you can use to get to your goal of helping people step by step.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Hello,

Thanks.
I use e-books as free ware, I share them for free, give not to much but good information. The goal is to get readers interested in my products (training etc.)
I dont know if you have a skill or a product that you can use to make an ebook? See it as pull-marketing.

For example:
I just updated my e-book on autism for my foreign contacts , I already made one for China but in my last visit to Dubai I got al lot of questions and interest in this subject from people from all over the world. (was invited to an conference for my work i did in China).
I like to travel and visit other countries, so with this e-book my goal is that the foreign organisations kan "buy' our training and lessons, so i can go on a paid trip ;)

It is not our core busseniss but it gives me opportunities to do what i really like

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
562%
Apr 17, 2022
There are no failures, only new information
The only real failure is giving up, or not taking full responsibility for your business and life.

Other than that, everything is trial and error.

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 13, 2016
Thanks, I'll look that up.
I started writing about 5 years ago and published my books as eBooks and paperback books. I soon stopped publishing eBooks and just concentrate on paperback books now. I think a paperback book is special as compared to an eBook but I am getting older. Check my site were I sell my books might give you some ideas.

I am passionate about this niche so it was quite easy for me to write about this subject.

I would not write a fiction book too much competition. Try and solve a problem and understand the market and what value you can offer.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
I started writing about 5 years ago and published my books as eBooks and paperback books. I soon stopped publishing eBooks and just concentrate on paperback books now. I think a paperback book is special as compared to an eBook but I am getting older. Check my site were I sell my books might give you some ideas.

I am passionate about this niche so it was quite easy for me to write about this subject.

I would not write a fiction book too much competition. Try and solve a problem and understand the market and what value you can offer.
That's a lot of books you have on the site.

Mark Horrocks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 13, 2016
That's a lot of books you have on the site.
Yes I have been constantly been writing since 2018 using my bespoke modelling software to produce new book material. I love this niche and I love horse racing and horse riding. I remeber writing my first book and receiving the author paperback I was hooked. Unfortunately all my new books are in paperback form to prevent copying.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello,

Thanks.
Ebook is way to monetize valuable information that people pay for, it is not an industry.

A ebook for business or a ebook about tarot cards and relationship might be selling to two different markets with different needs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.