The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk tells Disney to "go f*ck themselves"

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Referencing the video Fox shared, do you believe Elon's claim to have done more for the planet than anyone? Alternate question, do you really think electric cars are saving the planet?
No, not really. That's just delusional marketing fluff. Electric cars are still polluting the planet, especially when you consider the natural resources and pollution involved in battery manufacturing.
However, it's worth noting that Tesla has helped bring the topic of sustainability to the forefront.

Additionally, we're not exactly saving the planet. No matter what we do to earth do you think the planet gives a shit? If the planet decides to unleash earthquakes, tsunamis, or diseases, we are as dead as Julius Caesar. Nobody no matter how strong can save the planet (that's a marketing buzzword); we're simply trying to preserve our habitat.

That being said, I am a big fan of Elon and I believe his Twitter project to provide a democratized platform is very important in today's day and age.

Once upon a time, there was this slogan "I may not agree with a word you say but will defend to the death your right to say it!" attributed to Voltaire (but you can never be sure).

Now we have gone to an era of beeps on every F*ck, woke and right-wing propaganda, and eco chamber Social media and Google searches that confirm our monkey brain biases on every occasion.

So the Elon Twitter/ X project is a move in the right direction to give everyone compliant with the law a voice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DawnW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Feb 2, 2015
I don't necessarily care for Elon.

Elon is 100% correct here and it will be interesting to see how "regular" people think about the blackmail, politics in business and in marketing....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those missing the forest through the trees...

Here's your nutshell.

1701442558533.png

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
For those missing the forest through the trees...

Here's your nutshell.

View attachment 52740

Journalists have basically always been scammers. The main reason that ideas spread is because they're useful to people in power.

"The printing press is an arsenal, it cannot be private property." -Napoleon

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Questions for the forum...

Referencing the video Fox shared, do you believe Elon's claim to have done more for the planet than anyone? Alternate question, do you really think electric cars are saving the planet?

Also, I don't use X but I have heard people complain that bot traffic is back full force since the acquisition. Those who use X, have you had a similar experience?
Have been posting actively for past two days (for an idea in mind).

I don’t know if bots have been active in the past. They do exist now. It is not so much of a concern because it is not difficult to sniff them out. They will just follow you and try to dm you.

But I think the problem is X is relatively lack of genuine communication. It is more or less blatant self-promotion and hustling for more followers. It literally feel like being in Grant Cardone’s dystopia: Sell or be sold.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
LinkedIn feels the same. I think @Andy Black was noting this the other week?
LinkedIn has always been a bit of a strange platform. Business folks and employees post weirdly. "We're delighted to announce we've been nominated for blah blah blah."

I've noticed lately my feed is full of LinkedIn influencers teaching people how to create content so it's more engaging etc. A lot of it's great advice, but I prefer just posting whatever comes to mind and not having a content calendar etc.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
LinkedIn in a nutshell.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 22.36.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 22.36.31.png
    823.7 KB · Views: 45

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I have connected and chatted with all kinds of people for business growth on LinkedIn. Hell, what I am doing now only happened from finding and chatting with someone on LinkedIn. I'm probably going to get a cheque in February equal to more than I made working entire years during my youth and early 20s. I love LinkedIn. Where else can I literally get into direct messaging with C level executives at companies?

*Oh, and in the spirit of the thread. Hey Disney, go get f**ked!!!!!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
LinkedIn in a nutshell.
Haha. It seems that way but I think it's way better than that. I get quite a lot of business from LinkedIn and it's from referrals or people DMing me after reading some of my posts.

Marco L

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 6, 2017
Germany
Questions for the forum...

TLDR: No, Elon didn't do more for the planet than anybody else. And electric cars probably won't save the planet.

Longer version:
The claim that he has done more for the planet than anyone else is ridicules. First, it cannot be proven. Secondly, even if you assume he is talking about CO2 reduction, the claim is not true. All his ventures cause huge amounts of CO2. The worst is probably SpaceX.

In addition, he uses diversionary maneuvers such as the Hyperloop or the Las Vegas Loop to prevent or at least delay an improvement in local public transport (a real reduction in CO2 emissions).
By the way, Elon often makes ridiculous claims (FSE in 2018, knowing more than anybody about manufacturing, etc.).

In general, electric cars alone will not save the planet. As long as all other electrical devices are not powered 100 percent by clean electricity, all e-cars will run on fossil fuels. Unfortunately, this is entirely ignored in studies and in the discussion about e-cars. Even though an electric car is charged by a solar cell, it takes clean electricity away from other electrical devices.

The disadvantages for the environment due to the need for lithium are also serious for the environment. I doubt that there is a simple idea that will magically reduce our CO2 consumption.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
TLDR: No, Elon didn't do more for the planet than anybody else. And electric cars probably won't save the planet.

Longer version:
The claim that he has done more for the planet than anyone else is ridicules. First, it cannot be proven. Secondly, even if you assume he is talking about CO2 reduction, the claim is not true. All his ventures cause huge amounts of CO2. The worst is probably SpaceX.

In addition, he uses diversionary maneuvers such as the Hyperloop or the Las Vegas Loop to prevent or at least delay an improvement in local public transport (a real reduction in CO2 emissions).
By the way, Elon often makes ridiculous claims (FSE in 2018, knowing more than anybody about manufacturing, etc.).

In general, electric cars alone will not save the planet. As long as all other electrical devices are not powered 100 percent by clean electricity, all e-cars will run on fossil fuels. Unfortunately, this is entirely ignored in studies and in the discussion about e-cars. Even though an electric car is charged by a solar cell, it takes clean electricity away from other electrical devices.

The disadvantages for the environment due to the need for lithium are also serious for the environment. I doubt that there is a simple idea that will magically reduce our CO2 consumption.
Basically:
We need nuclear-fueled (hopefully fusion someday) hydrogen cell/electric hybrid cars instead.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Haha. It seems that way but I think it's way better than that. I get quite a lot of business from LinkedIn and it's from referrals or people DMing me after reading some of my posts.
I'm not saying LinkedIn isn't great for building your business. I'm just pointing out the elephant in the room. :rofl:

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 9, 2020
The guy, who invents anti-fart tablets for cows and pigs will though.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Twitter bots problems are much more severe than I imagined.

I am working on a crypto project and received many DM on promotion offers.

These are accounts sitting on 100k of "bots fans" who charge you money for tweeting about your project.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.